Creed 2 Thread

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Remember in his first fight with drago they have their stats available. They had Adonis’ age @ 28, but later in the movie when you see Apollo’s grave it says 1985 as the death year. Also anyone who was alive during Rocky IV would tell you it was 1985 so how did Apollo have a son 5 years after his death :patrice:
Clubber lang is the real daddy.

Coming soon.

Lang.

Daps
Remember in his first fight with drago they have their stats available. They had Adonis’ age @ 28, but later in the movie when you see Apollo’s grave it says 1985 as the death year. Also anyone who was alive during Rocky IV would tell you it was 1985 so how did Apollo have a son 5 years after his death :patrice:

soooo what u tryna say, breh?? that Adonis ain't even really Apollo's seed? the mama pinned it on him for the child support?? :dahell:

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Is it just me or is this not making that much money at the box office:patrice:. Its only made 100 m compared to a 50 m budget.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Saw the movie yesterday. I liked it a lot but it obviously isn’t touching the first. My respect for Coogler went up even more after this, and it’s not like Caple is a bad Director at all. It’s just that I can feel Caple nodding to Stallone more whereas Creed was Coogler’s vision through and through.

I honestly wanted to see more of The Dragos. Their story was more interesting. I liked that they were humanized.

I teared up when Adonis proposed to Bianca, but that was mostly because of me thinking about when I proposed. It’s very hard to do.

Their little girl being deaf was tough too. Sadly, that was the main scene that showed me MBJ’s shortcomings as an actor. He don’t make good faces. It sounds weird but he can’t make a good face to capture moments well. The hospital bed is another example.

Does it feel weird to anyone how it feels like Wood Harris’ character don’t care about Adonis as much despite knowing him since he was a child?

I thought the fight scenes were good, although not as good as the first.

I am not sure where a third goes, but Rocky will obviously die before the third one. I wonder if they will bring in Rocky’s son to support Adonis in some way? Especially since dude is getting a lot of pub in This is Us.

This was like a 7.5/10 for me. It got too much into the over the top world of Rocky, when the first one was grounded.

It's not weird, facial expressions are a huge part of acting and I've said the same about MBJ. He's like the modern day Keanu Reeves.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My bad I meant to say 1990 not 85. I thought the logic was Apollo got someone pregnant around the time of the fight (they never mention the month?) which could allow for Adonis to be born in 86. Creed 1 came out in 2015, so 2015-1986 =29.

yea, they purposely said Adonis was late 20s in the first movie

also, it doesn't matter, they could have easily just said the movie was set in the past

momma

All Star
Daps
Good movie, just not as good as the first. The pacing in this movie just seemed way too rushed. I'd like to see Rocky phased out in the next one, though.

My sentiments exactly

Really liked it, just thought some development was rushed for the purpose of sprinkling in boxing sequel tropes (underdog becomes cocky, gets demolished in a fight, comes back and trains harder, beats the big bad to a happy ending). Creed 1 was a lot more varied and creative in how it was structured and written. I thought Adonis went from a boy to a man in the first movie, here he felt a lot more static. Still, they did a good job of fleshing out the theme of "proving something to yourself and nobody else" what with the added pressure of redeeming legacies. This new director is also definitely more talented with cinematography and use of music

Last edited:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I might have to see it again but I dont know about the supposed rushed pace.