Credit Report/Score Thread

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Someone help me out, is there anything stopping me from paying off my car, using my credit card, WITHOUT doing a balance transfer?

-DMP-

Why would you want to do that? Is the rate on your car loan lower than the purchase rate for your credit card?

I don't really think a bank will allow you to make payments or pay off a loan with a credit card but you can certainly call and ask them.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i really should look into it because I hope there isnt any fraud activity on my account. you just never know.

I hope its good though. Never missed a cell-phone bill payment thus far, I dont look at monthly statements but continuously pay down my credit card. Only thing is sometimes I may spend more during a month then I paid off at the beginning of the month. Anybody know how that affects you?

My one and only credit card expires in June. Balance of about 400 left....should be be 0 by May 30. Just sold my Live Nation Stock and I'm gonna use some of it to just pay off the whole credit card. 200 this month. 200 next month :manny:.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i really should look into it because I hope there isnt any fraud activity on my account. you just never know.

I hope its good though. Never missed a cell-phone bill payment thus far, I dont look at monthly statements but continuously pay down my credit card. Only thing is sometimes I may spend more during a month then I paid off at the beginning of the month. Anybody know how that affects you?

My one and only credit card expires in June. Balance of about 400 left....should be be 0 by May 30. Just sold my Live Nation Stock and I'm gonna use some of it to just pay off the whole credit card. 200 this month. 200 next month :manny:.

You have a pre-paid credit card?

Why not just pay the balance off at once if you have the money?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You have a pre-paid credit card?

Why not just pay the balance off at once if you have the money?

Yea I just got a visa debit last month. The card i discussed before is a regular credit card. I'm waiting for the funds to be transferred after the stock trade and then I'm paying it off quick. Is it better for the score to do it all at once?

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Why would you want to do that? Is the rate on your car loan lower than the purchase rate for your credit card?

I don't really think a bank will allow you to make payments or pay off a loan with a credit card but you can certainly call and ask them.

I already did it. Lol. Made 2 big ass 2000 dollar payments using the card. The card is 0% apr for 15 months so I get to save some money and pay off my car quicker :scheme:

-DMP-

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea I just got a visa debit last month. I'm waiting for the funds to be transferred after the stock trade and then I'm paying it off quick. Is it better for the score to do it all at once?

To be honest, I don't really know much about pre-paid cards aside from my debit card but I can't imagine spending more than you've allotted to be a good thing.

As far as balances go I'm not even sure that $200 from one month to the next will make an impact at all. I personally wouldn't want the balance hanging out there. Are you charged interest on your balances from month to month? If so,I'd just say pay it off.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I already did it. Lol. Made 2 big ass 2000 dollar payments using the card. The card is 0% apr for 15 months so I get to save some money and pay off my car quicker :scheme:

-DMP-

So you'll have enough money saved before the 15 months is up to pay off the credit card?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
To be honest, I don't really know much about pre-paid cards aside from my debit card but I can't imagine spending more than you've allotted to be a good thing.

As far as balances go I'm not even sure that $200 from one month to the next will make an impact at all. I personally wouldn't want the balance hanging out there. Are you charged interest on your balances from month to month? If so,I'd just say pay it off.

Credit card isn't prepaid. Its just a regular credit card.

Gilly

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
707 & 813
749 :manny:

i pay monthy for a monthly credit check from the 3 bureaus

never missed a payment on anything since i started establishing my credit in 09 :leostare:

before i joined the military i had a bank account that overdrafted to the point where i owed them like 75 dollars.. i was like :aicmon: i aint payin that shyt.. joined the military and was doing good credit was climbing then all of a sudden did a check and shyt dropped to 525 :lupe:

that bank tried to come back and get me a year later :sadcam:

DISPUTE EVERYTHING BREHS

even tho it was clearly me who fukked that acct up i disputed anyways on some this wasnt me shyt and 2 weeks later that shyt disappeared from my credit report and it was back in the 700's :russ:

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
Okay so I just checked all of my credit rating/score/history

and.... Its awful, but I want to improve it..

Here's where Im at with everything

My rating is at 582

Last August I took out a car loan for $17k. I owe around $15k still... Ive never been late on a payment yet

I have a few student loans also that Ive taken out..

Now this is where the problems start, I have debts that are in collections (some of them are old as hell too)

Now Ive never owned a credit card in my life, but do have hospital/dental bills that went unpaid when I was younger and didnt have insurance

Heres the list of them:

$81 7-1-2010
$138 7-1-2010
$2,764 1-1-2012 ------> All of this equals out to $3,408
$213 6-1-2011
$212 6-1-2011

All of these are also marked as CLOSED & KD (key derogatory)

Ive also had 12 credit inquiries dating back to 5-14-2011

So what should my next step be in fixing all this and building my credit rating up... As of now Im paying my car on time, every time..

I'm not sure how to handle these debts to collection agencies though

@Ethnic Vagina Finder

Last edited by a moderator: