Credit Report/Score Thread

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Don't make that face at me.

If you're getting back on your feet, get back on your feet. Take care of essentials (food, sheler, utilities, clothing) first. You can tell the credit card company you fell on hard times but don't pay them anything. Save up about $5000 and then talk to them about settling. Get everything in writing and never give them electronic access to your checking account. Once you get a settlement amount, have them send you a letter and send a money order through certified mail.

That was a typo, I meant ":sad:"

But, I was thinkin'; if they (my bank) sell it to a collection agency, then it'll be easier to settle

My debt is about 8,300

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good credit only means you're responsible with borrowing money and paying it back on time. No matter how much money you have, if you can't grasp the concept of borrowing and paying something back on time, you're still going to struggle with bad credit. Bad credit is just a symptom of bad financial behavior.

Money is always better because you can't spend what you don't have.

it's better to use the banks money than your own and use your own money as collateral also this is why good credit is better than money:

Bad credit - equals no employment, had offers pulled back because of my credit and at one job i had a fed would come to check in on me every 3 months asking me about all kind of debt i had., my background investigation lasted at least a year.

Money can't buy employment if ur credit is fukked you're not getting a job past walmart or mcdonald's...

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it's better to use the banks money than your own and use your own money as collateral also this is why good credit is better than money:

Bad credit - equals no employment, had offers pulled back because of my credit and at one job i had a fed would come to check in on me every 3 months asking me about all kind of debt i had., my background investigation lasted at least a year.

Money can't buy employment if ur credit is fukked you're not getting a job past walmart or mcdonald's...

There's probably only a few sectors of employment that require you to have good credit in order to be an employee.

Also bad credit is a reflection of how financially irresponsible you are, there are some exceptions like if a person has gotten laid off but there are plenty of people working past Walmart and McDonalds who have bad credit because they borrowed more money than they physically had available.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
how do u find out what your credit score is for free??
all them so-called free credit report sites they got tv commercials for are lies . they want you to sign up for a service for monet, to be able to get that "free" score

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's probably only a few sectors of employment that require you to have good credit in order to be an employee.

Also bad credit is a reflection of how financially irresponsible you are, there are some exceptions like if a person has gotten laid off but there are plenty of people working past Walmart and McDonalds who have bad credit because they borrowed more money than they physically had available.

any government contract in I.T. field, any job that requires a clearance or basic background check for government positions and even private industry...i make more than 55k so i need my credit to be reasonable...

and true on how credit reflects on a person, investors use banks money to close deals all the time, gotta know the loopholes, also majority of homeowners don't actually own their homes because they borrowed 300k on a 30 year mortgage...these homeowners borrowed more money than they physically had because this shyt is a game and money is a game that you will have to use to play in this game of life...the trick is playing the money game responsibly...but you will have to borrow more than you physically have, the physical manifestations always come after the thought (spiritual manifestation) money is fictitious and has whatever value you give it...

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
30mrhpe.jpg

I've been blessed. Don't really have that much debt. I'm hoping to be debt free middle of next year if I don't get a new car. My 04 Corolla still running strong at 207k miles :yes: I'll be driving it til it blows up.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
any government contract in I.T. field, any job that requires a clearance or basic background check for government positions and even private industry...i make more than 55k so i need my credit to be reasonable...

and true on how credit reflects on a person, investors use banks money to close deals all the time, gotta know the loopholes, also majority of homeowners don't actually own their homes because they borrowed 300k on a 30 year mortgage...these homeowners borrowed more money than they physically had because this shyt is a game and money is a game that you will have to use to play in this game of life...the trick is playing the money game responsibly...but you will have to borrow more than you physically have, the physical manifestations always come after the thought (spiritual manifestation) money is fictitious and has whatever value you give it...

You do not need to borrow money in order to "live" life. That's just my opinion but you keep doing you and I'll do me. Meanwhile you're paying people to keep your credit straight when you could do it yourself. That's a bad investment, imo.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
You do not need to borrow money in order to "live" life. That's just my opinion but you keep doing you and I'll do me. Meanwhile you're paying people to keep your credit straight when you could do it yourself. That's a bad investment, imo.

keeping your credit in decent shape is something that can be done by any person with a HS education.

while i have FAR too much student debt, i dont have any CC debt and i have never missed a bill payment and only went over my card limit ONE time (by necessity, to pay for schoool, :facepalm:) in my 8 years of having a credit history.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
keeping your credit in decent shape is something that can be done by any person with a HS education.

while i have FAR too much student debt, i dont have any CC debt and i have never missed a bill payment and only went over my card limit ONE time (by necessity, to pay for schoool, :facepalm:) in my 8 years of having a credit history.

It's all good until you don't have the income to pay the debt back, then your credit is fukked. You can live without acquiring debt.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
It's all good until you don't have the income to pay the debt back, then your credit is fukked. You can live without acquiring debt.

i am extremely aware of that. i will be finished paying for said car before graduating school.

i am in a field where it's not THAT hard to get a job (I'll be a CPA by 2015), and I am not averse to moving either.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

not a bad investment at all, i don't have time to do that that's why i pay someone else too, if you did everything in life yourself? yeah...u can figure that out on your own...done it before, dropped a few hundred bucks to clear my credit and land a well payin' job, i got shoes that cost 300 bucks...so why can't i pay 450 to clean my credit up with a company with a proven track record?

never said i needed money to "live" life but just think about that, you DO need money to LIVE...

respect your opinion though...

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Someone help me out, is there anything stopping me from paying off my car, using my credit card, WITHOUT doing a balance transfer?

-DMP-