Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dry:

Again, not givin' much away

I just got my job back, but, I haven't been to work, yet

Don't make that face at me.

If you're getting back on your feet, get back on your feet. Take care of essentials (food, shelter, utilities, clothing) first. You can tell the credit card company you fell on hard times but don't pay them anything. Save up about $5000 and then talk to them about settling. Get everything in writing and never give them electronic access to your checking account. Once you get a settlement amount, have them send you a letter and send a money order through certified mail.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Mines should be near perfection for what i can get, depending on IF my mother is paying the bill she has in my name.

Grad/Undergrad combined i have 40k in student loans :sadcam:... sucks but whatever

auto i owe 6k will pay that off in 3 months other then that.. im str8 for now...

I have to pay off my capital one card should pay it fully within the year after that im fine.. still wont be 800s or anything insane :(

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man my credit score is just not starting to improve it was at an all time low of 539 I have got it up to 620 by doing installment loans from my bank. And paying my bills on time. What does me in is THAT I REFUSE to pay these 10 year old debts. I always thought that different things feel off your report at 3-5-7 years but on mines they stay.

I need to figure out how to make it happen. It seems like they just sale the debt to another company and keep it around. Either way I ain't paying on that shyt but it sucks having high interest rates on everything.

Another bill I'm about to throw in the bushes is AT&T whats the point in having 220 dollars worth of phone bills when it could be 149?

Why would you refuse to pay back debt that you incurred?

Dark Knyght

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
My score is 776. Pay off ya'll debts man. I'm sooooo glad I graduated without student loans. My brother about to be at like 100 racks between college and medical school. The college cost is disgusting in this country. I don't even wanna get into the expensive textbooks that you have to buy to use for 4 months.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
very good info in here brehs... reps and daps will b handed out accordingly.

I think its been 5 years since my 1st joint...I think ima say fck em... and get 1 frm the bank or a secured like u said and jus not fck up.

Wht ima do bout my student loans tho Charlie Murpheyyyyyyyy

2372321_o.gif

Nothing. You will owe them until you pay them off or die. Worse kind of debt to have.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just read through this thread and yall are killing me.

Just because an account drops off your credit report does not mean that you don't owe the company and they have the right to garnish your wages and they will. It may take years but they will. Pay off everything you owe and make sure you have a letter stating the balance is zero. The best way to go about it is list your debts smallest to largest and save up 1/2 of the balance due and call and start negotiating. Start with offering 25% of the debt and move up but nothing past 50%.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
They can't sue you after the statue of limitations is up. Well they can try but if the SOL is up, most likely the case will be dismissed. Of course you still owe the debt if its yours but they can't come a knocking 10-20 years later and garnish your wages for the debt.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They can't sue you after the statue of limitations is up. Well they can try but if the SOL is up, most likely the case will be dismissed. Of course you still owe the debt if its yours but they can't come a knocking 10-20 years later and garnish your wages for the debt.

The Impact of Statute of Limitations on Collections

-Even if a specific debt is older than the length of the applicable statute of limitations, a debt collector is still normally permitted to attempt to collect on that debt as long as they do not file or threaten to file a legal action in court.

-Thus the statute of limitations impacts how a collection agency can go about collecting a particular debt; it does not necessarily preclude a collection agency from attempting to collect on that debt.

This is just the laws for Maryland. From my understanding they can still take your money just not in a threatening manner lol. But you know what? I don't care because it's not something I'll ever have to worry about. I just don't want people thinking it's all good when it's potentially not.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
The Impact of Statute of Limitations on Collections

-Even if a specific debt is older than the length of the applicable statute of limitations, a debt collector is still normally permitted to attempt to collect on that debt as long as they do not file or threaten to file a legal action in court.

-Thus the statute of limitations impacts how a collection agency can go about collecting a particular debt; it does not necessarily preclude a collection agency from attempting to collect on that debt.

This is just the laws for Maryland. From my understanding they can still take your money just not in a threatening manner lol. But you know what? I don't care because it's not something I'll ever have to worry about. I just don't want people thinking it's all good when it's potentially not.

Yeah I understand that. You can be dead and they will send you letters trying to collect. Lol I was just commenting on them being able to sue you and garnish your wages.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I understand that. You can be dead and they will send you letters trying to collect. Lol I was just commenting on them being able to sue you and garnish your wages.

Yeah I re-read it and you're right, my bad.

I still don't care though and that's ok right?

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Yeah I re-read it and you're right, my bad.

I still don't care though and that's ok right?

Well you are the one that initially posted about them garnishing your wages but of course its okay if you don't care. Hell you didn't have to respond to me, I wouldn't have thought twice about it.