Credit Report/Score Thread

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
do negative credit activities automatically clear after 7 years or do you have to somehow request it yourself?

you have to request it most of the time. as soon as it hits that mark, the reporting agencies have to clear it as no debtor can hold you responsible from that point on.

edit: you can also clear some before 7 years, say if for instance the creditor has gone out of business. if the reporter requests validation of the debt and the debtor does not reply within the time frame given, it has to be removed. I have done this on quite a few occasions.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
you have to request it most of the time. as soon as it hits that mark, the reporting agencies have to clear it as no debtor can hold you responsible from that point on.

edit: you can also clear some before 7 years, say if for instance the creditor has gone out of business. if the reporter requests validation of the debt and the debtor does not reply within the time frame given, it has to be removed. I have done this on quite a few occasions.

thanks for the info.
the negative credit reports on my history should be hitting the 7 year mark soon.
my shyt is average now but should be looking really good in a year or so.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been paying $39.99 a month for the myFICO app scores, you get credit report updates (usually a week or 2 behind) and i think a credit report every 3 months..and this is from each bureau..

3 years ago my score was around 560..according to the app it's

Transunion- 672
Experian- 736
Equifax- 705

2 weeks ago I got a car loan and they used Transunion and my score was 684 so it seems pretty close..the finance guy said that I should open a few more credit cards to boost my score even more...But im guessing that inhad a lot of old debt that just just dropped off i think :yeshrug:

those are good scores. Auto loans and home loans or credit cards use different score systems that are customized to the loan type. also, before you apply for anything, always find out what bureau they pull from.

I have a few tips for applying for credit cards.

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
Okay so I just checked all of my credit rating/score/history

and.... Its awful, but I want to improve it..

Here's where Im at with everything

My rating is at 582

Last August I took out a car loan for $17k. I owe around $15k still... Ive never been late on a payment yet

I have a few student loans also that Ive taken out..

Now this is where the problems start, I have debts that are in collections (some of them are old as hell too)

Now Ive never owned a credit card in my life, but do have hospital/dental bills that went unpaid when I was younger and didnt have insurance

Heres the list of them:

$81 7-1-2010
$138 7-1-2010
$2,764 1-1-2012 ------> All of this equals out to $3,408
$213 6-1-2011
$212 6-1-2011

All of these are also marked as CLOSED & KD (key derogatory)

Ive also had 12 credit inquiries dating back to 5-14-2011

So what should my next step be in fixing all this and building my credit rating up... As of now Im paying my car on time, every time..

I'm not sure how to handle these debts to collection agencies though

@Ethnic Vagina Finder
Damn... I forgot I even posted in here

I done came along way

From 582-670’s and climbing

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I just checked my credit score and it went down cause of the deferment I didn’t ask for???