Credit Report/Score Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
mines is about a 670 or so. i just recently got a consolidation loan that took all my 25% interest rate store credit cards and rolled them all into a 9% interest rate so by the middle of next year i should have all this debt paid off.

the only reason my score is so low is cause i had like 6 of my 7 credit cards maxed out.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
What site are you using to check your credit score? And is it free?

If you have any credit cards see if they offer something that allows you to check your credit. Most of them do.

If not, you can get a free report from annualcreditreport.com but you will have to pay for the score.

I use myfico.com which is 9.99/mo because I monitor my score and my report and do monthly pulls. However you can go to any major credit bureau(equifax, transunion or experian) site and pay once to get the info. It might be about 15.00 or so.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You should have requested a pay for deletion before you paid it. Which is basically telling them you will pay the balance owed if they agree to remove it from your credit. It works sometimes but they don't have to agree. However, its too late now. Only thing you can do is try to dispute them and since they have been paid, they might not follow up with the dispute and the credit bureau will delete it.

You can also try a goodwill letter. Worked for me with Chase

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jus viewed my shyt brehs....

all I can say is :damn:

credit is :flabbynsick: and ima young breh :why:

Credit score=595

and thts frm dumb ass store credit cards frm HS.... All in collections

I owe bout 540 to 3 different agencies but only kno where 2 came from

then the cherry on top....59 raxx in student loans :bryan:

:snoop:

post ya scores up...give a breh some advice or success stories so I can eventually b :steviej:

or share some similar stories and feel my pain :birdman:

You actually aren't in that bad of a position.

First, 595 is a bad score anyway you slice it, but you have one important thing on your side, and that's time.

The good news is that owing $540 in cc debt is as close to nothing as it gets. Student loans aren't bad for your score either.

You're young (how young?) so you've got time to clean it up. If you've got those accts in collection, call them back and setup a payment plan to get on-track.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
You should have requested a pay for deletion before you paid it. Which is basically telling them you will pay the balance owed if they agree to remove it from your credit. It works sometimes but they don't have to agree. However, its too late now. Only thing you can do is try to dispute them and since they have been paid, they might not follow up with the dispute and the credit bureau will delete it.
I own a pretty penny for a CC (less than $10k)

U sayin' I should ask them, for that, so it won't wreck my credit after I pay it off

Tyuhnjko

Pro
Daps
Damn.. I hope that works.

This has worked for me. Sometimes it's so old, that it would take over 30 days for the original creditor to find your information and to respond to the credit bureau. They only have 30 days to respond or they just delete it.