Crazy article about Notre Dame player Manti Te’o - Says dead girlfriend is a hoax

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope mango and his people realize that the vast majority of people ain't buyin this shyt he tryna to feed us.... Except old white people for sum reason

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why Katie Couric's Manti Te'o Interview Will Suck

Katie Couric's conflict of interest is neither subtle, nor common; she and Te'o, according to the Times, are both clients of the same spokesman, Te'o as of only a few days ago:

The spokesman hired by Mr. Te'o's family in recent days, Matthew Hiltzik, is also the longtime spokesman for Ms. Couric.

They're not even putting effort into hiding this shyt. It's 100% spin. There was no investigation, there has been no media followup on the holes in Notre Dame's and Teo's response to questions about the "hoax," and the same journalists who reported Teo's lies without any basic fact-checking are doing the same thing for Teo and Notre Dame in the aftermath of Deadspin breaking the story. Amazing levels of shamelessness. The media is really just a PR rep at this point, there's no actual journalism.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why Katie Couric's Manti Te'o Interview Will Suck

Katie Couric's conflict of interest is neither subtle, nor common; she and Te'o, according to the Times, are both clients of the same spokesman, Te'o as of only a few days ago:

The spokesman hired by Mr. Te'o's family in recent days, Matthew Hiltzik, is also the longtime spokesman for Ms. Couric.

They're not even putting effort into hiding this shyt. It's 100% spin. There was no investigation, there has been no media followup on the holes in Notre Dame's and Teo's response to questions about the "hoax," and the same journalists who reported Teo's lies without any basic fact-checking are doing the same thing for Teo and Notre Dame in the aftermath of Deadspin breaking the story. Amazing levels of shamelessness. The media is really just another PR rep at this point, there's no actual journalism happening here.

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
It's becoming clear that Te'o is gonna get off easy on this one. I just hope the Steelers don't draft him. I want no part of someone who could potentially one day be in charge of getting guys in the right position on defense yet is supposedly naive enough to believe in/carry on an online/telephone relationship with a made up girlfriend when this is walking around his campus daily

Diggins.jpg

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Anyone paying attention can see the difference between the real journalists and dudes just collecting a check to print what they're being told to... this excludes sports players using personal experience to report on the game

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
It's becoming clear that Te'o is gonna get off easy on this one. I just hope the Steelers don't draft him. I want no part of someone who could potentially one day be in charge of getting guys in the right position on defense yet is supposedly naive enough to believe in/carry on an online/telephone relationship with a made up girlfriend when this is walking around his campus daily

Diggins.jpg

U think its just as easy as being in the same school as her? Bish got rappers tryin to hit. :noah:

But his time woulda been better served by stalking dis bish instead of talking to a dial tone every night.:ld: Maybe steal some panties or something

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Anyone paying attention can see the difference between the real journalists and dudes just collecting a check to print what they're being told to... this excludes sports players using personal experience to report on the game

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

For real.

The MOST damning thing about this entire fiasco is how a fukking blog pulled the hoe card of these major news organizations.

There is too much yearning to tell heart-warming, motivational stories in sports. This shyt has probably happened multiple times. A beat reporter fears calling out players and becoming a pariah with these teams.

Sad thing is, same things happens in politics. The biased news orgs fact check less for their side.

Kuuuuush

Riiiiiiiiight
Daps
I'm pretty much only trusting Deadspin's reporting on this issue. Everyone else seem to have some invested interest in preserving their stance or have money at stake in seeing Te'o get a higher draft spot/endorsments. I've pretty much lost any faith I had left in ESPN completely by supporting this sociopath's behavior. The general public may believe the spin they've put on this story, which is somewhat depressing, but the Internet makes me believe there is some hope for the truth.