Crazy article about Notre Dame player Manti Te’o - Says dead girlfriend is a hoax

calh45

Cal
Daps
As far as real world consequences you're right. And Him being gay is just a a hope so that this story gets better. But everyone is glued to this story because he lied to the nation and it's just plain weird. He is a public figure and he got caught now he's feeling the backlash. I don't anyone here thinks he a bad person. Just a fukking idiot who doesn't know how to talk to girls. Tell me you wouldn't clown him too

Clowning is different than what's going on right now. Manti's story has more coverage than Lance Armstrong's who lie is WAYYYYY bigger than Manti's is and that's if he's lying.

We operate on a forum so see the whole online shyt from a different perspective. We're savvy on the internet more than most folks and even then I've seen cats get fooled by some dude pretended he was a girl. Back on SOHH Kango would pretend to be a girl for MONTHS in The Ladies Room and have dudes doing all kinds of shyt, confessing love, sending dikk pics, offering to come visit and they didn't have a clue until he put them on blast in the forum. I'm willing to give dude the benefit of the doubt because I've seen cats get fooled before. His fake girl had leukemia, just that alone can account for all of the leeway he gave while they were talking.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As far as real world consequences you're right. And Him being gay is just a a hope so that this story gets better. But everyone is glued to this story because he lied to the nation and it's just plain weird. He is a public figure and he got caught now he's feeling the backlash. I don't anyone here thinks he a bad person. Just a fukking idiot who doesn't know how to talk to girls. Tell me you wouldn't clown him too

If he duped everyone s then that says alot about his character and for a high character guy that's not a good look. Those other players who get in trouble generally drop or teams have second thoughts about them.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clowning is different than what's going on right now. Manti's story has more coverage than Lance Armstrong's who lie is WAYYYYY bigger than Manti's is and that's if he's lying.

We operate on a forum so see the whole online shyt from a different perspective. We're savvy on the internet more than most folks and even then I've seen cats get fooled by some dude pretended he was a girl. Back on SOHH Kango would pretend to be a girl for MONTHS in The Ladies Room and have dudes doing all kinds of shyt, confessing love, sending dikk pics, offering to come visit and they didn't have a clue until he put them on blast in the forum. I'm willing to give dude the benefit of the doubt because I've seen cats get fooled before. His fake girl had leukemia, just that alone can account for all of the leeway he gave while they were talking.

Breh stop with these defenses :beli: No one is saying catfishing can't happen we know it does , have you read how his answers and stuff don't add up. The guy isn't coming off as some gullible naive fool his behavior doesn't even back it up . EvenIf he was catfished he comes off as a lying opportunistic and very shrewd which doesn't seem like the behavior of someone who was duped

calh45

Cal
Daps
Breh stop with these defenses :beli: No one is saying catfishing can't happen we know it does , have you read how his answers and stuff don't add up

I only defended dude in response to the cat saying he was stupid. I only saying that shyt happens. My whole thing is I don't think it's a big deal either way. Gay or lie.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
you still gotta take into account he got to New York because of this girlfriend story. He was a star in college sports because of this and the fact Notre Dame was undefeated going into the National Championship.

ESPN rode this story HARD thanks to the lies he told them and every news outlet that he got interviewed by. Even if he was catfished and he wasn't in on it, he still lied about how they met, her parents meeting his family, etc to the National media and used it to fuel his Heisman campaign.

Should it be this big, hell no. But he is a special case. He was the poster child for Notre Dame's season. Notre Dame, one of the most relevant(even in years when they are doing nothing)names in all of sports...well, that's how ESPN/various sports news outlets portray them to be.

He reaped the benefits of being at Notre Dame, now he is facing the consequences for lying while representing the university. and victim to ESPN being ESPN too.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been watching this whole deal trying to figure out why everyone is so up in arms about it. I've been meh about the whole thing from the start.

Ray Lewis killed someone. MJ let everyone believe the flu game was actually the flu instead of him being hungover. Vick killed dogs. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the point.

If he's gay it's not a big damn deal to me...shyt now that I think about it I had a gay teammate, we didn't trumpet it all over the world for the media to see/report on because it didn't bother any of us one bit. If he lied that ain't a big deal neither. If lying about a fake girlfriend is the worst thing he does in his life he's still in the saint category as far as football players go.

:jackeenikkaplease:

I can fukk with your general sentiment, but that's such a horrible comparison.

The thing about this - the story that most people are sure to miss - is that this story isn't about T'eo as much as it's about the NCAA, Notre Dame, and ESPN. Which, if someone had the backing and the balls to do a real report on this situation, makes this a much bigger story than just a linebacker fronting on the national stage. Lennay Kekua is the perfect metaphor for college athletics in general as it's pitched to the public: we keep beating our figurative dikks to a bytch who never existed, but we go hard as fukk for that mythical ho without giving a second thought.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
I hate how this shyt happens when Catfish is getting real hot in popular culture and both these clowns represented by CAA :snoop:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I've been watching this whole deal trying to figure out why everyone is so up in arms about it. I've been meh about the whole thing from the start.

Ray Lewis killed someone. MJ let everyone believe the flu game was actually the flu instead of him being hungover. Vick killed dogs. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the point.

If he's gay it's not a big damn deal to me...shyt now that I think about it I had a gay teammate, we didn't trumpet it all over the world for the media to see/report on because it didn't bother any of us one bit. If he lied that ain't a big deal neither. If lying about a fake girlfriend is the worst thing he does in his life he's still in the saint category as far as football players go.

You don't see the big deal?? :what:

Dude basically used the death of a fake girlfriend for national publicity and to win a Heisman. That's lower than anything else the other guys you mentioned did. This nikka was going around parading as some high character guy only to be a pathological liar.

Now cats like me who don't expect shyt from anyone aren't surprised. But there's a lot of people out there who really look at these athletes as superheroes and take their words as gospel.

Jason B

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This whole story is confusing as fukk and each new development brings about more confusion. And furthermore, something about Te'o seems to be a bit off because why would he supposedly be looking for attention from a female on the internet when he is considered to be a big-time player on Norte Dame's football team which would automatically make him attractive to the females on campus?. Yes, he may have be socially awkward but there has to be another reason for this.

Also, the more he talks, the worse he makes himself look.