Crazy article about Notre Dame player Manti Te’o - Says dead girlfriend is a hoax

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
Pseudologia fantastica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:whoo:

The defining characteristics of pseudologia fantastica are:

The stories told are not entirely improbable and often have some element of truth. They are not a manifestation of delusion or some broader type of psychosis: upon confrontation, the teller can admit them to be untrue, even if unwillingly.

The fabricative tendency is long lasting; it is not provoked by the immediate situation or social pressure as much as it is an innate trait of the personality.

A definitely internal, not an external, motive for the behavior can be discerned clinically: e.g., long-lasting extortion or habitual spousal battery might cause a person to lie repeatedly, without the lying being a pathological symptom.[2]
The stories told tend toward presenting the liar favorably. For example, the person might be presented as being fantastically brave, knowing or being related to many famous people.

Pseudologia fantastica may also present as false memory syndrome, where the sufferer genuinely believes that fictitious events have taken place, regardless that these events are fantasies. The sufferer may believe that he or she has committed superhuman acts of altruism and love or has committed equally grandiose acts of diabolical evil, for which the sufferer must atone, or has already atoned for in her/his fantasies.

:ohhh:

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@J-Fire gotta be a top 5 Coli idiot.

Dude said "Girls at ND aren't worried about fukking, because they're focused and already have money" :deadrose: ...

I went to USC for two years, you better BELEIVE them rich hoes are fukking and sucking RELIGIOULSY .

Last edited by a moderator:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
The fock

ncf_t_teolennaytweets_400.jpg

:laff: @ "It's the 16th" frauduleeeent!

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hip hop msg board that can't understand certain concepts. You dealing with a lower common denominator. Can't understand the concept of a relationship and think he should be smashing every woman on campus unless he's married or something....got these fantasy people out here! ND is a good school academically....these girls ain't ya hoodrats looking for a paycheck or waiting to cash in on your money in doves. They already pushing daddy's BMW and whatnot! Most prefer tall dopey looking white guys that will worship the ground they walk and play trivia at the bars.

In the real world....black people can't understand to well. Mostly other races of people see it as plausible to be catfished. People been getting catfished since the days of AOL Instant Messenger.

:whew:

people cant take a dose of the cold hard truth

:salute:

concise

Veteran
Daps
what reason would nicca have to make up a "fake" girlfriend(over the span of 3 years). I would have bought the catfish angle but dude knew the nicca who supposedly ran this hoax...

I refuse to believe that it was to gain publicity either since that shyt was over 3 years. Way before he was being mentioned as a potential heisman candidate.

And every time this nicca opens his mouth to "clear" things up, he contradicts himself even more.

Same thing I'm thinking.
Why do you need a fake girlfriend? And why did no media outlet ever think to contact the girl's parents during the month before the championship game?

Maybe they did and didn't want to admit to their own part to play in not fact-checking.:merchant:

This is my final take as well. Hoax from the start, completely embellished by Manti. So he is both a victim and a liar at the same time (but mostly a liar). I still could change my mind though, there are still enough inconsistencies that point to him possibly being in on it from the beginning.

And the gay theory needs to die. He may actually be gay, but that would not be the reason for the fake girlfriend. It doesn't make sense to go to those lengths when he could have a "relationship" with a real girl instead.

It makes plenty of sense. As I posted yesterday, there's already a very similar case:

Been reading about this in a couple of other places and one name that I've seen pop up on occasion is Raymond Burr:

Raymond Burr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Burr married actress Isabella ("Bella") Ward on January 10, 1949. They lived together for less than a year and divorced after four years. Neither remarried. At various times in his career, Burr or his managers offered biographical details that appear spurious or unverifiable. These include marriage to Scottish actress Annette Sutherland, supposedly killed in the same plane crash as Leslie Howard. A son, Michael Evan, was said to have resulted from another disputed possible marriage to Laura Andrina Morgan. Burr's account provided the only evidence of the boy's existence and death from leukemia at age 10. As late as 1991, Burr told Parade magazine that when he realized his son was dying, he took him on a one-year tour of the United States. He said, "Before my boy left, before his time was gone, I wanted him to see the beauty of his country and its people." His publicist knew that Burr worked in Hollywood throughout the year he said he was touring with his son. As with Burr's claims to have served in the U.S. military, many of these fictions were believed and widely reported.

In the late 1950s, Burr was rumored to be romantically involved with Natalie Wood. Wood's agent sent her on public dates so she could be noticed by directors and producers and so that the actors could present themselves in public as heterosexuals. The dates also helped to disguise Wood's intimate relationship with Robert Wagner, whom she later married. Burr felt enough attraction to Wood to resent Warner Bros.' decision to promote her attachment to Tab Hunter instead. Robert Benevides later said: "He was a little bitter about it. He was really in love with her, I guess."

Did not know this stunt has been pulled before. :ohhh:

There really is nothing new under the sun as far as human behavior and tricks go, only the speed which news travels.

:ohhh:

AV Dicey

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Juan Roberto's bald spot
the media didnt involuntary out them. Them niccas brought the media to themselves with the constant publicity whoring by mentioning girlfriend every chance he got.
If anything this shyt has exposed the media.

true dat, but deadspin trying to be all journalistic basically outed the young man, and he can claim he overdid it on the girlfriend angle because...he's a mormon, whose a star football player in a school that doesnt even support any form of abortion and is sorta kinda racist too, and he's a mormon! he had no choice but to go all in (n/h), see generic republican who rails against 'the homosexuals!' while diddling young mens booty holes on the low (n/h) these are matters of the heart, not logic.

nfl lawyers are prolly dropping checks because they dont need this coming out before the draft. espn agreeing to do the interview off camaruh :heh:

Scotty Piffin'

killyoself
Daps
Reppin
Basedworld
I saw in Newsday an article about him having a real girlfriend and she's standing by him through this.

Guess we found the only person in the world who's more of a dumbass than Te'o.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
hip hop msg board that can't understand certain concepts. You dealing with a lower common denominator. Can't understand the concept of a relationship and think he should be smashing every woman on campus unless he's married or something....got these fantasy people out here! ND is a good school academically....these girls ain't ya hoodrats looking for a paycheck or waiting to cash in on your money in doves. They already pushing daddy's BMW and whatnot! Most prefer tall dopey looking white guys that will worship the ground they walk and play trivia at the bars.

In the real world....black people can't understand to well. Mostly other races of people see it as plausible to be catfished. People been getting catfished since the days of AOL Instant Messenger.

I guess whites and other races who wish to behave like them also can't understand too well either, as most still believe and carry on the amusing mythological lie that the Loch Ness Monster & Bigfoot actually exists.

Many African Americans actually live and interact in the "real world" as we don't have the extra time or luxury to gloss over real facts while residing on fantasy island like a lot of Caucasians do!

Honestly the majority of people within the white race are very naive and too trusting (o.k. stupid) which is why the Te'o story originally was never thoroughly verified or checked for validity and the reason it has turned into a sad soap opera of epic proportions.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

As someone who went to one of the nerdiest schools in the country where the white kids were pushing Mercedes, Maseratis, and Range Rovers let me tell you that them chicks are fukkin athletes and everyone else for that matter just like all the other chicks on campus.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
1307932885001.jpg

What the fukk in this thread made you believe that shyt you just wrote.
With all the facts we have posted in this thread, the story from him, deadspin and you manage to come to this conclusion. :wtf:

:manny:

This isnt a big 'who done it' story as y'all are painting it to be. At first I thought it was, but I dont really think it is. There's enough info out there now to draw conclusions.

Dude was fooled into this online relationship....BUT not to the degree he's lead ppl to believe. Again, he clearly was NOT as in love as he made it seem. It just fit perfectly for what he was trying to do, which is garner more attention. It landed him interviews and he ran with it. Did he ever meet her? probably not. But he had to lie and say he did of course b/c who's gonna accept it was a serious relationship otherwise?

So was he complicit from that standpoint, yes. MEaning that he was never serious about "her" like he came across in interviews. Which is prolly why his teammates and everyone gave him the :comeon: when he was acting all sad about it.

But I do believe that he was a "victim", if you wanna call it that, but that he also used it to his advantage.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
As someone who went to one of the nerdiest schools in the country where the white kids were pushing Mercedes, Maseratis, and Range Rovers let me tell you that them chicks are fukkin athletes and everyone else for that matter just like all the other chicks on campus.

Ex-fukkin-actly.....dude is talkin out his ass.... this might sound like nikka logic but any woman regardless of how much she values herself or w/e her background may be, has it in her to be a hoe. In my personal experiences, the better the background, the bigger the hoe. They're just more sophisticated with it and deal with a different level of hoe'ing

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps

This is one of the most idiotic things I've ever read. You've obviously never been on a college campus before. rich white girls are some of the biggest whores around
No video? why didnt he do a video? he is the biggest coward liar. if he was really innocent he would have done a video.
:damn:

Exactly man. Until Tymack Mateo comes on camera he's a fukking fraud in my book. I dont feel sorry for him and I wish I could slap him. Dude is just keeping quiet until him and his inner circle get the "official" story together.

But the damage is done. Go ahead and come clean and this shyt will die off. Not saying anything is only going to have him stressed out during the draft process and getting trolled at the draft by fans (but i doubt that coward shows up anyway).