Crazy article about Notre Dame player Manti Te’o - Says dead girlfriend is a hoax

Midwest

Hanging em up
Daps
Reppin
80's babies
My final take is that he got duped for real, but he hammed it up for the cameras. Yeah he may have actually believed this girl was real at first but he wasn't so in love with her like he led on.

I'm sure he was still messing with other chicks but
he the cameras were on he was "sad". He didn't really care about "her" which is why he couldn't remember her major and other things.

He's prolly innocent of the hoax itself but guilty of making the most of it for attention

1307932885001.jpg

What the fukk in this thread made you believe that shyt you just wrote.
With all the facts we have posted in this thread, the story from him, deadspin and you manage to come to this conclusion. :wtf:

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
There's just way too many holes in everyone's account and everyone's story is contradicting someone else's story.

It feels like these dudes aren't lying, but they are all telling half-truths...which is just as bad.

Honestly...I know there's a thirst for information by the public...but sometimes you just have to sit on a story until you have all the facts lined up, multiple sources with the same story confirming each other, and risk getting "scooped".

I know it sucks...hell I've been put on suspension for not running with a story I thought was shoddy and I couldn't get a second source to confirm it...ended up I got scooped by another station and my boss tore me a new a$$hole for an hour and half. shyt was awful. But, I would do that shyt again...it's just not worth taking the risk and killing your credibility.

In situations and stories like this where the story is developing and the "facts" are changing so fast and often contradicting themselves it's way too hard to sort out the truth on the fly.

But viewers have to take some responsibility to understand that when a reporter is telling you what they were told just minutes ago that it's clearly not been fact checked and he's just informing you of what he was told by the subject. It's up to the viewer to decide whether or not he believes the accounts. Schaap is a stand up guy and a serious journalist.

I can guarantee you what happened to him was that he set up an interview with Te'o. Then Manti got cold feet and told him he didn't want to do it anymore. Schaap's bosses freaked and told him to get the damn interview. So, Schaap blew up his phone or his people's phone and finally Te'o said he'd do this off camera thing. Schaap brought to ESPN and probably told him he didn't want to do this, but the higher ups saw the ratings spike it could produce and told him to do that. Then probably minutes after the interview finished they told him to stand out in front of a building and tell people what he was told. And let me tell you...that fukking sucks. Nothing is more annoying than having to recount what happened in an interview...hoping you don't misrepresent what was said...hope you don't misquote...you're basically talking in generalities and you can't really give any real information, because you haven't even had time to sit down and go over everything to fully comprehend it.

sorry about the rant...this stupid story has caused my inbox to explode with all kinds of reminders of our "source policy" and "ethical standards"....shyt we had this sent to us http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...th-in-week-of-lance-armstrong-manti-teo-hoax/ by our GM and had a got damn hour long meeting about it...so maybe I'm just annoyed by this story now effecting my damn job...smh @ this whole damn thing.

concise

Veteran
Daps
:snooze:

I see we're not getting anything real out of this guy until those pre-draft interviews with team execs and GMs start getting leaked.

Jeff Ireland better be on his normal behavior.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I don't understand the Gay theory. There are other easier ways to hide that instead of pulling this stunt.

hip hop msg board that can't understand certain concepts. You dealing with a lower common denominator. Can't understand the concept of a relationship and think he should be smashing every woman on campus unless he's married or something....got these fantasy people out here! ND is a good school academically....these girls ain't ya hoodrats looking for a paycheck or waiting to cash in on your money in doves. They already pushing daddy's BMW and whatnot! Most prefer tall dopey looking white guys that will worship the ground they walk and play trivia at the bars.

In the real world....black people can't understand to well. Mostly other races of people see it as plausible to be catfished. People been getting catfished since the days of AOL Instant Messenger.

concise

Veteran
Daps
hip hop msg board that can't understand certain concepts. You dealing with a lower common denominator. Can't understand the concept of a relationship and think he should be smashing every woman on campus unless he's married or something....got these fantasy people out here! ND is a good school academically....these girls ain't ya hoodrats looking for a paycheck or waiting to cash in on your money in doves. They already pushing daddy's BMW and whatnot! Most prefer tall dopey looking white guys that will worship the ground they walk and play trivia at the bars.

In the real world....black people can't understand to well. Mostly other races of people see it as plausible to be catfished. People been getting catfished since the days of AOL Instant Messenger.

:childplease:

Of course people understand that it's possible to be fooled, "catfished", or what have you. We know that not everyone is tech savvy and knows how to use Facetime, skype, tango, whatever. It's just that the holes in this story are way too ridiculous to accept it like the fact that there is no need to make up and lie about a fake girlfriend to the extent that he did. None.

And the gay theory is not just here, it's being discussed on several other places as well, so sit down somewhere with your nonsense.
:sitdown:

http://deadspin.com/5976666/heres-e...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Kuuuuush

Riiiiiiiiight
Daps

the fukk you talking about that we're a 'lower common denominator' and 'black people can't understand too well' :stopitslime:

check that condescension at the door faggit

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
Smfh at ESPN entertaining this circus for a quick ratings grab. This shyt is disgusting and should feel disrespected for this shyt. Our intelligence is really being insulted right now. Sound like a fukking child with lies on top of lies.:what:

I feel you fam. ESPN is like the TMZ of sports right now, but when you got a monopoly on this shyt..... :manny:

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps

I'm not saying I believe one thing or another. But I'm on some forums that are at least 85% White and I've seen this brought up several times if not the prevailing theory, false or not. Though, I generally agree with your point about people thinking he should be wildly sowing his oats and if he's not, he must be gay. :manny:

ecks12

Pro
Daps
Reppin
>_>

:what:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps

:wtf: