Crazy article about Notre Dame player Manti Te’o - Says dead girlfriend is a hoax

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I still can't believe the interview went on off camera.

Schaap just said Te'o had twitter messages (I'm assuming DM's) of Tuiasosopo apologizing for the dupe. Yeah, we need to see those, and the time stamps ASAP. And if they occurred after the story broke, kinda hard to take them seriously.

Midwest

Hanging em up
Daps
Reppin
80's babies
Smfh at ESPN entertaining this circus for a quick ratings grab. This shyt is disgusting and should feel disrespected for this shyt. Our intelligence is really being insulted right now. Sound like a fukking child with lies on top of lies.:what:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still can't believe the interview went on off camera.

Schaap just said Te'o had twitter messages (I'm assuming DM's) of Tuiasosopo apologizing for the dupe. Yeah, we need to see those, and the time stamps ASAP. And if they occurred after the story broke, kinda hard to take them seriously.

:troll: he's not lying, just take a bunch of unsupported claims as gospel b. Why would Gay'o lie?

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so no phone records, no interview on cam, cant see the tweets....sounds eerily suspicious huh?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Notre Dame, Te'o, and ESPN were talking about the girlfriend during the National title game pre-game press conference and during the game.

He talked about meeting her in Hawaii and shyt.

Dont be naive about this. At best, he may have believed at first it was a girl, but he carried on with it and kept adding shyt in there.

I'm not being naive. I didnt say I believe his story 100%

Yeah they talked about it....but what were they gonna do? Immediately do a 180 and say, "no questions about the dead girl" or just come out and say it's a lie.

They had to roll with it for the time being b/c it'd gotten too far out of control.

I just dont see what advantage Te'o being in cahoots with this would have provided him over the past 2-3 years when he was not a big name player.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

Yeah they talked about it....but what were they gonna do? Immediately do a 180 and say, "no questions about the dead girl" or just come out and say it's a lie.
um, yeah :what:

They had to roll with it for the time being b/c it'd gotten too far out of control.
realize something, if Deadspin doesnt write that article, they continue pretending that the GF is real and really died.

I just dont see what advantage Te'o being in cahoots with this would have provided him over the past 2-3 years when he was not a big name player.
insanity cant be explained.

Midwest

Hanging em up
Daps
Reppin
80's babies

yo man the nikka said with his own mouth he met this so called bytch and flipped it a few days ago and said he was catfished, then he knew she was not real on dec 9, then now this wild shyt today about LA drug dealers. You can not be this slow and naive when the picture is painted for you. :dead: at a so called respectable sports network is suppose to roll with a lie because shyt is out of control. Journalism is what they signed up not Ducktales after dark.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I kinda feel bad for Schaap. He had to go directly from a 2 1/2 hour interview to Sportscenter, with basically no time to prepare. Got him shuffling through his notes on air and shyt.

Didn't the fukking anchor from the last show ask the same exact questions :wtf:

99% sure they're told what questions to ask.