Crazy article about Notre Dame player Manti Te’o - Says dead girlfriend is a hoax

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man this story just not gonna end

gotdamn how i wish we could rewind the NCAA season & eliminate this story

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Manti Te'o of Notre Dame Fighting Irish denies being part of hoax about late girlfriend - ESPN

Manti Te'o denied being part of a hoax involving a relationship with a person online whom he considered his girlfriend, during an interview with ESPN on Friday night.

"No. Never," Te'o said in a 2½-hour interview with ESPN's Jeremy Schaap.

"I wasn't faking it," he said. "I wasn't part of this."

The Notre Dame linebacker said he did not make up anything to help his Heisman Trophy candidacy.

"When (people) hear the facts, they'll know," he said. "They'll know that there is no way that I could be part of this."

Wednesday, Deadspin.com posted a story detailing an online relationship Te'o thought he had with "Lennay Kekua," which he says he learned was a hoax. Te'o spoke at the IMG Training Academy in Bradenton, Fla., where he is preparing for the NFL draft. There were no cameras at the interview, which was recorded.

In the interview, Te'o also said that:

• He lied to his father about having met Kekua, prompting his father to tell reporters that the two had met. Several media stories indicated that he and Kekua had met. Te'o insisted they never did.

• He tried to speak with Kekua via Skype and Facetime on several occasions, but the person at the other end of the line was in what he called a "black box" and wasn't seen.

• The first time he met Ronaiah Tuiasosopo was after Notre Dame beat USC on Nov. 24. Tuiasosopo is the man Deadspin and others have said was behind a hoax. Earlier Friday, ESPN's "Outside The Lines" reported that Tuiasosopo called a church friend in early December crying and admitted to duping Te'o. The friend, a woman in her mid-20s, agreed to be interviewed under the condition that she not be identified, saying she was fearful for her family's safety because of the overwhelming publicity the story has generated.

Te'o spoke of Kekua as his girlfriend several times after Dec. 6. One was at the Heisman Trophy presentation in New York on Dec. 8 to ESPN's Chris Fowler. Another was on ESPN Radio the same day. There were two other times, including a column in the Los Angeles Times on Dec. 10. He was also asked about it at a Jan. 3 news conference prior to the BCS title game but did not refer to his "girlfriend" directly.

2 1/2 hours, and this is what we get out of it?

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
This story is :mindblown:

I pray RM don't draft this weirdo

offsubject: Breh I went to school with 2 Tuiasosopo brothers who were cousins to Marques and they worshipped that bum :heh: but they were good peoples, broke a lot of the high school records too, as they should have, they were built like Patrick Willis standin at 6'4" :merchant:

If I still knew em' I mighta got the inside story :lolbron:

:heh: The Raiders thought it was bad having McClain as middle linebacker and him calling the plays, imagine Manti :skip: The locker room would have no respect at all for him if he was MLB with all that has come out during t. Marques from what I heard was a good dude. But, :scusthov: at all the Tuiasosopo involved in this story though. shyt is getting weirder and crazier by the hour :mindblown:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Im Guessing (And This Is Only A Guess) That He's Doing An Off Camera Interview Because News Stations Hire These Behavioral Experts That Study And Analyze The Video For Reactions, Movements And Habits To Tell If They're Lying Nervous Etc..

They Did That shyt During The Presidential Debates

Just A Theory

Yeah and they might bring in a phrenology expert too.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
So Teo said he met her because he thought it would come off as weird.

This shyt is :krs:

Jeremy Schapp better have the entire transcript on ESPN.com

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Te'o spoke of Kekua as his girlfriend several times after Dec. 6. One was at the Heisman Trophy presentation in New York on Dec. 8 to ESPN's Chris Fowler. Another was on ESPN Radio the same day. There were two other times, including a column in the Los Angeles Times on Dec. 10. He was also asked about it at a Jan. 3 news conference prior to the BCS title game but did not refer to his "girlfriend" directly.

After 2+ hours of conversation, this better be addressed by Te'o.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
After 2+ hours of conversation, this better be addressed by Te'o.

I've read that he wasn't fully convinced of the hoax based on that one phone call, but rather that was the first of several calls that broke down the hoax....:yeshrug:

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
nikka...

0.jpg