Crazy article about Notre Dame player Manti Te’o - Says dead girlfriend is a hoax

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Now its gettin even more confusing.He better take the Lance Armstrong route :laugh: or his draft day slide will be monumental.The longer he goes silent the worse it is.

Edit: I see off camera interview

Honestly, I dont think his draft stock will be affected.

Reason being because there's nothing hes done that will keep him off the field. The players with "character issues" slide b/c teams dont feel they can rely on them. They might be in jail instead of being on the field.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
No matter how hard ESPN, Notre Dame, Te'o, and all these random Samoans try, there's no way they're going to convince me that Manti is 100% the victim here. Too many questionable decisions, too many inconsistencies.

all the samoan's out here are clowning on dude big time, Ive said it before one of my aunts actually wants dude shipped back to the Island of Samoa for the shame he has brought to our 'culture'. Between the holes in the story and that random cardinals scrub trying to :duck: his way into this.. my peoples are taking a Big fat

LET-L-S.jpg

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
McMurphyESPN: Manti Te'o tells @JeremySchaap he was not involved in creating girlfriend hoax. "There is no way I could be a part of this"

*sniffs the air* Y'all smell that?

:stopitslime:

Edit: McMurphyESPN: Te'o to @JeremySchapp: "When they hear the facts they'll know. They'll know there is no way I could be a part of this"

FCeuj1j.jpg

*waits for high chief peter maivia to vouch for te'o's character from the grave*

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I believe Te'o side of the story now moreso than I did before.

Especially when these new peope are coming out against this Tuiasusoppo dude.

Still he's gotta be a bit dumb to fall this far into it. And that's what makes his story a little too odd

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
This...is interesting.

Te'o's fake girlfriend's 'history' parallels Tuiasosopos

She is a beautiful young woman, in her early 20s, fighting leukemia. Unlike Lennay Kekua, she is real.

Jazmine Lutu smiles back from the Facebook page of her uncle, Titus Tuiasosopo. It is her cousin, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, who several media reports say orchestrated the hoax that led former Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o to believe Kekua had died of the disease when she never even existed.

Tuiasosopo has yet to respond publicly to the reports.

COMPLETE COVERAGE: Get the full story on the Manti Te'o hoax

Yet some of the false world created around Kekua seems to align with the experiences of the Tuiasosopo family. Lutu's struggle with cancer is one of at least three parallels between actual events chronicled on the Facebook page of Titus Tuiasosopo that match fictional details in the Kekua tale. Lennay Kekua was never in a car accident, but Ronaiah Tuiasosopo in a March wreck. A touching quotation Te'o attributed to Kekua after her reported death was the same one Titus Tuiasosopo previously posted on his Facebook page after a relative died in August.

Reached on Friday, Lutu confirmed to USA TODAY Sports that she continues to battle cancer but declined to comment further about her family.

According to Titus Tuiasosopo's Facebook page, Lutu was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in August. She was set to receive a bone marrow transplant.

The fictional Lennay Kekua died at 22 years old in September after a brief battle with leukemia, a disease supposedly discovered after she'd been in a serious car accident. Brian Te'o, Manti's father, even told The South Bend Tribune in October that Kekua received a bone marrow transplant.

In Sports Illustrated, Kekua's accident was reported as happening on April 28.

It was just about a month earlier, on March 23, when Ronaiah Tuiasosopo and at least two male cousins were in a car accident.

REPORT: Ronaiah Tuiasosopo confessed Te'o hoax to friend

Around 5 a.m. on that day, Tuiasosopo was involved in a two-vehicle accident on California State Highway 14 near Avenue I in Lancaster, the California Highway Patrol confirmed on Friday. An officer reached at the Antelope Valley Station could not discuss other details of the crash or any injuries that resulted from it.

On his Facebook page that day, Titus Tuiasosopo, who is the pastor of a church where his son leads the band, wrote, "This morning at the outset of our travels to Reno, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo and Team Worship were in an unfortunate car accident."

Over the subsequent days, Titus Tuiasosopo's Facebook page detailed the recovery of two of his nephews who were hospitalized and at least briefly in intensive care as a result of the crash.

The story of the accident is one Ronaiah reportedly told when he auditioned on The Voice, according to US Weekly.

A third parallel comes in a quotation Te'o shared with his teammates before practice on the day he learned that Kekua had died just hours after his grandmother, who did actually pass away that day in September.

MORE: Coach who recruited Te'o says this is 'blip'

According to Sports Illustrated, he told his teammates, "My girlfriend always told me, 'Send roses while they can still smell them, tell people you love them while they can still hear.'"

On Titus Tuiasosospo's Facebook wall, he offered the same message as the family mourned the loss of a relative in August.

"Give roses while you can smell them. Tell them you love them while they can hear you," he wrote.

Titus Tuiasosopo is a teacher at Paraclete High School, a small Catholic school in Lancaster, Calif.

Efforts to contact him at the school – in person, and through phone calls and emails – were unsuccessful.

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo has not spoken to the media since the Deadspin article suggested he is responsible for the hoax. On Friday, ESPN quoted an unnamed friend of Tuiasosopo's who said he admitted to orchestrating it to fool Te'o.

"I know so much has been splattered all over the media about my son & my family," Titus Tuiasosopo wrote on his Facebook page on Thursday. "I also know that many who were born in a manger in Bethlehem & continue to walk on water will undoubtedly express their opinions. Those of you who know us the best still love us the most."

MORE: Despite hoax, 'Sad Irish Fan' to keep up cancer work

Lucy Nava, who claimed to be Te'o's aunt, responded, "THANK YOU TITUS FOR THE LOVE N SUPPORT U HAVE FOR MY NEPHEW...N GOD BLESS YOUR SON AND FAMILY AS WE SUPPORT HIM N YOU ALL AS WELL..FA'AFETAI LAVA"

Te'o has yet to publicy answer questions about his involvement in the hoax and whether he used it to gain publicity as he finished as runner-up in Heisman Trophy balloting and led Notre Dame to a 12-0 regular season. Deadspin's reporting and an interview with Te'o's uncle, Alema, by The Zone Sports Network confirmed that Ronaiah Tuiasosopo and Te'o know each other.

After the school came out strongly in support of its former star player, Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick said in his podcast released on Friday that officials hope Te'o will address the story.

"I don't have any specific knowledge as to how and when," Swarbrick said. "But I can't fathom a circumstance where it doesn't. I sort of share everybody's view that it has to happen. And we are certainly encouraging it to happen. We think it's important and we'd like to see it happen sooner rather than later."

Tuiasosopo lives in a two-story house at the end of a cul-de-sac in a tidy, middle-class neighborhood in Palmdale, 10 miles south of Lancaster and about an hour's drive north from downtown Los Angeles. His street is currently lined with television trucks. A variety of media outlets are holding stakeouts.

Friday afternoon, no one answered a knock on the front door. The porch was littered with notes and business cards of media outlets seeking interviews.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I believe Te'o side of the story now moreso than I did before.

Especially when these new peope are coming out against this Tuiasusoppo dude.

Still he's gotta be a bit dumb to fall this far into it. And that's what makes his story a little too odd
thats because you are gullablegullible

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I Cant Be The Only One Confused As fukk Everytime A New Random Somoan With A Name Maluku Kowafulo Pops Into The Picture, I Dunno Who Anyone Is Anymore

N.Y. State of Mind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MSG, Yankee Stadium, Metlife
all the samoan's out here are clowning on dude big time, Ive said it before one of my aunts actually wants dude shipped back to the Island of Samoa for the shame he has brought to our 'culture'. Between the holes in the story and that random cardinals scrub trying to :duck: his way into this.. my peoples are taking a Big fat

LET-L-S.jpg

It shouldn't though. The actions of one person don't define a whole people. But either way it's not a good look.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
thats because you are gullable

At least I can spell it. :comeon:

And no, I'm not so at all. I'm just looking at the whole scope of everything.

I didn't say I believe his story 100%, and i don't. I just said I believe it moreso than before. Especially with the interviews with these new people who said it happened to them. I highly doubt they are simply paid actors hired by ESPN or Te'o.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:dwillhuh: Drug dealers are now involved? :aicmon: This faggit Samoan Manti needs to just take his L. Nobody believes you, you need more people. His story has too many inconsistencies and holes. Have the police done a full blown investigation or spoke about this case at all? Also, :pacspit: at that scrub Marques Tuiasosopo and his bum-ass cousin Ronaiah Tuiasosopo too.