Couples spending on average $27,000 for their weddings

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes it does.

Unless he is a store manager, district manager of some sort, working retail ain't going to cut it. :skip:

It's okay to not make as much as your lady but the difference shouldn't be that significant.

Son, you're a man whether you make $1 or $1 million. Believing otherwise will set you up for huge amounts of disrespect.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes it does.

Unless he is a store manager, district manager of some sort, working retail ain't going to cut it. :skip:

It's okay to not make as much as your lady but the difference shouldn't be that significant.

wrong again. see this kind of thinking will have you divorced or killing yourself, wife and kids when you get lucky enough to earn that 6 figure income then all of a sudden the economy crashes and you no longer have a job. now your wife has to start working and she gets a better paying job then you. NOW what ya gonna do? since in your theory you cant be the man if the wife is making to much in comparison.

thats the problem with that mentality. you have no CLUE what kind of curve ball life might throw you and your wife. you might get injured or something and be on disability for the rest of your life. and the wife is holding you down. it doesnt mean you're not the MAN. if money makes you the man. in a relationship to your woman. i suggest you find another chick. cause it wont end well if everything doesnt remain perfect your entire life together.

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
wrong again. see this kind of thinking will have you divorced or killing yourself, wife and kids when you get lucky enough to earn that 6 figure income then all of a sudden the economy crashes and you no longer have a job. now your wife has to start working and she gets a better paying job then you. NOW what ya gonna do? since in your theory you cant be the man if the wife is making to much in comparison.

thats the problem with that mentality. you have no CLUE what kind of curve ball life might throw you and your wife. you might get injured or something and be on disability for the rest of your life. and the wife is holding you down. it doesnt mean you're not the MAN. if money makes you the man. in a relationship to your woman. i suggest you find another chick. cause it wont end well if everything doesnt remain perfect your entire life together.

:dwillhuh:

I believe in traditional roles. I believe that as the man of the house, I should be the bread winner and if I'm not(which in my case for at least 2-3 years I might not be) the pay shouldn't be that significant, which it won't, especially since she has the luxury of working part-time while attending law school.

There should be no 60/30

At worst 60/45

110/90

135/100

and so on.

The problem with you guys is that you believe in traditional roles only when it's convenient and the same goes for women. Also if your job and career is that goddamn volatile you need to have emergency funds on deck. Again all relationships aren't created equal.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You are a man because of your morals, values, upbringing etc, not because of the amount of money you make. It's one thing to feel comfortable being the bread winner but to consider yourself less valuable or not a man because you aren't is fukking retarded. I swear yall bug me out.

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
You are a man because of your morals, values, upbringing etc, not because of the amount of money you make. It's one thing to feel comfortable being the bread winner but to consider yourself less valuable or not a man because you aren't is fukking retarded. I swear yall bug me out.

And my morals, values and upbringing is what allows me to make a decent living. I wouldn't feel less valuable personally but I would be thinking of how I can match my significant other.

Complacency is disgusting. You should always be striving for better. I already know a lot of you cats don't run a household from the other thread where weight gain in marriage was mentioned. That's where I told you guys how I put something back on the shelf that my wife wanted to buy while grocery shopping because it was "shht". You nggas need to grow some balls.

(this isn't directed towards you)

Family Man

Banned
Daps
26k seems mad low in ny. My wedding is going to cost somewhere around 50k when its all said and done. Flowers alone are 4k, the rings, the music, entertainment, dresses, tuxes, little things here and there, everything adds up. But I will never take a loan to pay for a wedding, that's just stupid, if you don't have the money then no need to front with a big fancy wedding
Are you a man or a woman?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
$27k for 1 day:childplease:

nikka, I'm buggin off this $7k I gotta come off for this reception for mafukkas I don't even care for. Wedding gon run bout $9k total IN DC.

1 word: Network.

yep, if I wanted to get married I can rent a nice spot for a G IN DC...

all you gotta do is network, get to know folks and you be ight

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And my morals, values and upbringing is what allows me to make a decent living. I wouldn't feel less valuable personally but I would be thinking of how I can match my significant other.

Complacency is disgusting. You should always be striving for better. I already know a lot of you cats don't run a household from the other thread where weight gain in marriage was mentioned. That's where I told you guys how I put something back on the shelf that my wife wanted to buy while grocery shopping because it was "shht". You nggas need to grow some balls.

(this isn't directed towards you)

LOL so what about when she's not with you? Who is there to police her eating habits then? If your wife wants to eat unhealthy shyt, she will you're not showing any "balls" because when you're together you put back some bad food.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
LOL why can't he?

The amount of money you have doesn't make you man.

Theoretically it doesn't. However, I know a younger couple in the exact scenario as the couple that homeboy described. The wife got that nikka by the balls.
She's a high powered attorney and her husband is some recruiter for Devry.