Couples spending on average $27,000 for their weddings

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
My parents arent helping out. It all depends on the person. To me 50k is not that bad for a wedding because I view it as a once in a lifetime event, and it's right there with what we budgeted. If you stick to your budget you can have a great wedding, but don't expect a great wedding for 26k in ny. Even with 50k, we had to cut back on a few things.

you must be making close to 400k a year then if you're not getting assistance from an outside source

Daps
:snoop: at spending such a ridiculous amount of money on something that literally only cost maybe a couple of hundred dollars at the courthouse. $27,000 on something that might not even last is insane.

Well most of that is for the party...I'm pretty sure the party will last.

I have no desire to spend that much on a party/ceremony...but I would for the honeymoon....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: at spending such a ridiculous amount of money on something that literally only cost maybe a couple of hundred dollars at the courthouse. $27,000 on something that might not even last is insane.

In Maryland it costs 25.00 you say your vows get your marriage license and leave in enough time to buy breakfast at McDonalds

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no thank you, Im willing to go to Vegas and do those wedding packages at the fancier hotels for like $5,000, but other than that, cheap weddings for the win

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Thank God my girl doesn't want a wedding, she hates being the center of attention. We already talked it over and when we do get hitched, it's the courthouse and then dinner with just our immediate family. None of this extended family and coworkers bull shyt. And anyone that has a problem with that I tell them all the same thing, "well if you want you can pay for it". Truth be told weddings aren't even for the husband and wife, it's for everyone else. You have so much going on that day you don't even get to enjoy it. All that money can go towards a buying a house or an awesome honeymoon.