Couples spending on average $27,000 for their weddings

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Lol at paying that much

If I ever get married it will be on an island and my fukking family will not be there. She doesn't like it she can kick rocks

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yall are crazy to me!

It's not about "calling the shots" You're a fukking family! You're sharing a life, a household your finances! you make decisions together that will benefit your family.

In the example I listed on page 1 on this thread, a nikka is gonna be hard presses to call the shots when he's on an allowance and has to ask before making purchases. And I damn sure can't call the shots moving into ur new wife's crib from ur momma house when ur name ain't on shyt and u can't even pay the mortgage. U think living like that is what's hot in these streets? ESP for a couple that got no kids.

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
We looking at: (my 2nd marriage / her first)

7k day of (place/catering etc)
4k her ring
2.5 k my ring
2k - misc clothing attire/dress
2k - travel expenses

so far :noah:

Still gotta get DJ and Photographer... 20k prolly all said and done

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Sad. We spending that money on a house and we'll have a nice dinner after an extra small ceremony.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
In the example I listed on page 1 on this thread, a nikka is gonna be hard presses to call the shots when he's on an allowance and has to ask before making purchases. And I damn sure can't call the shots moving into ur new wife's crib from ur momma house when ur name ain't on shyt and u can't even pay the mortgage. U think living like that is what's hot in these streets? ESP for a couple that got no kids.
If he was really about his shyt, he would have a bank card of his own and his name would be on the mortgage regardless of what he can/can't pay for.

It's not the money it's the dude. If you are going to be the leader of your household it doesn't matter who makes what money. You have dudes who make ALL the money and still have to ask the wife before they make purchases, and you have dudes that are sitting at home dictating what should go on in the household.

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
We looking at: (my 2nd marriage / her first)

7k day of (place/catering etc)
4k her ring
2.5 k my ring
2k - misc clothing attire/dress
2k - travel expenses

so far :noah:

Still gotta get DJ and Photographer... 20k prolly all said and done

You're a sucker man

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
If he was really about his shyt, he would have a bank card of his own and his name would be on the mortgage regardless of what he can/can't pay for.

It's not the money it's the dude. If you are going to be the leader of your household it doesn't matter who makes what money. You have dudes who make ALL the money and still have to ask the wife before they make purchases, and you have dudes that are sitting at home dictating what should go on in the household.

But giving your wife a heads up on a purchase is completely different then sitting at home and trying to run stuff.

Married couples no matter the income should have a set limit before consulting each other. For example any purchases over $500, you should tell the other person. Anything less is whatever, but if you guys are on the same wave length most purchases will be discussed.

If you are going to be the leader of your household it doesn't matter who makes what money.

:aicmon:

Jahmal

HARD ON ATL HOES
Daps
I went to a $50,000 wedding in DC earlier this year.

Get Married!

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

I guess I'm the latter, cuz I make more money in my household and do most of the dictating about what we can and can't get.

But giving your wife a heads up on a purchase is completely different then sitting at home and trying to run stuff.

Married couples no matter the income should have a set limit before consulting each other. For example any purchases over $500, you should tell the other person. Anything less is whatever, but if you guys are on the same wave length most purchases will be discussed.

:aicmon:

That being said, I don't make big purchases without telling her. That's just a common courtesy unless ur a major a$$hole.