Couples spending on average $27,000 for their weddings

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Lookin like mine is gonna be $25K :damn:

We got a lot of help from both sets of parents, but still gonna be payin it off for a bit unless we get :krs: kinda loot for presents. We dont have a registry so hopefully people just drop us an envelope of cash.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
We looking at: (my 2nd marriage / her first)

7k day of (place/catering etc)
4k her ring
2.5 k my ring
2k - misc clothing attire/dress
2k - travel expenses

so far :noah:

Still gotta get DJ and Photographer... 20k prolly all said and done

I hope this is the last stop for you bruh.

Till death do yall part. Literally

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I guess I'm the latter, cuz I make more money in my household and do most of the dictating about what we can and can't get.

That being said, I don't make big purchases without telling her. That's just a common courtesy unless ur a major a$$hole.

If you were layed off or she got a promotion would your relationship change?

Not unless you weren't running the house in the first place.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:youngsabo: cuttin em off 1 by 1.. Im serious this time

:shaq2:

Just saw this. Just remember this, and you already know.

If you fukk somebody other than your fiance a week before your wedding, you'll fukk somebody other than your wife the week after.

I hope you got your mind right playa

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
my girl was maid of honor at a 40k wedding last weekend. the family from uk, this dude leaves his job in uk to live at her moms house in jersey, both of em have no job, no prospect of one. im talking to this kid and he thinks hes gonna get an IT job in west bumblefukk nj. not enough smileys could cover my face had to talk to dudes dad and tell him what to do cause he was lost in the woods. saaaad shyt 40k wedding and nothing when you get home. give me 40k cash. people are stupid

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
:shaq2:

Just saw this. Just remember this, and you already know.

If you fukk somebody other than your fiance a week before your wedding, you'll fukk somebody other than your wife the week after.

I hope you got your mind right playa

:ohhh: yeah I'm good man. Had my fun - *woosah* deep breath

I hope this is the last stop for you bruh.

Till death do yall part. Literally

Yeah I'm done...

Daps
We looking at: (my 2nd marriage / her first)

7k day of (place/catering etc)
4k her ring
2.5 k my ring
2k - misc clothing attire/dress
2k - travel expenses

so far :noah:

Still gotta get DJ and Photographer... 20k prolly all said and done

Lookin like mine is gonna be $25K :damn:

We got a lot of help from both sets of parents, but still gonna be payin it off for a bit unless we get :krs: kinda loot for presents. We dont have a registry so hopefully people just drop us an envelope of cash.

How much y'all spending on the honeymoon?

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
:ohhh: yeah I'm good man. Had my fun - *woosah* deep breath

Yeah I'm done...

:childplease:

I give you 2 months before you make a Coli classic talmbout, "the waitress at the hotel on our honeymoon" :ohlawd:

ETA: I'm sorry for being rude and blount about it but this is the problem. You have people completed unprepared going into a union and suddenly they are supposed to change?

You been sitting down your entire relationship, now you supposed to "stand up" and do right?

Brotha please. Not saying it can't be done, but better men have tried and failed.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
If you were layed off or she got a promotion would your relationship change?

Not unless you weren't running the house in the first place.

I'm confused about ur second statement. For ur first question, It would be fukked up cuz we can't survive on her salary alone whereas we could on mines alone. That's the problem. I would love it if she got a promotion and made more than me cuz I'd feel less of a burden my shoulders from havin to be the :cape: of the household.

When we got married, I was broke and she was making a little money. But I have increased my income quite a bit and she has been pretty stagnant. And even back then I went and worked two jobs to make ends meet.

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
I'd do it the other way...cheap out on the party (the wedding) and go all out on the vacation...like first class and all

Its a destination wedding in the Bahamas, so for her its one big ass party.

We cruising to Bahamas, married , we have 20 rooms booked of yankees meeting my family back home.

Then we cruise ship gets back to Miami we flying to DR.

She :ahh:

======
If it was up to me... it would be courthouse. BUT I can't deny my wifey her dream cuz I had a bad wife before. The good thing is we paying cash, no credit. Mostly done.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm confused about ur second statement. For ur first question, It would be fukked up cuz we can't survive on her salary alone whereas we could on mines alone. That's the problem. I would love it if she got a promotion and made more than me cuz I'd feel less of a burden my shoulders from havin to be the :cape: of the household.

When we got married, I was broke and she was making a little money. But I have increased my income quite a bit and she has been pretty stagnant. And even back then I went and worked two jobs to make ends meet.

Sorry for the confusion. Point is your relationship wouldn't change with your wife if the money situation did.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Sorry for the confusion. Point is your relationship wouldn't change with your wife if the money situation did.

I only think it would change of I wasn't working. UNLESS she got a higher paying job. I think that the relationship would hange due to a downgrade in lifestyle. But if she was caking and I got laid off, we would be ok. I put in enough time where I could :eat: off her for a while and no one would say jack shyt.

Daps
Its a destination wedding in the Bahamas, so for her its one big ass party.

We cruising to Bahamas, married , we have 20 rooms booked of yankees meeting my family back home.

Then we cruise ship gets back to Miami we flying to DR.

She :ahh:

======
If it was up to me... it would be courthouse. BUT I can't deny my wifey her dream cuz I had a bad wife before. The good thing is we paying cash, no credit. Mostly done.

I hear ya...most girls want the big ass party. I'd work on convincing her that a crazy honeymoon would be more fun...at least I'd try :lolbron: