Cosa Nostra making drill now?

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
DJ L and DJ kenn( to a lesser extent) were making these type of beats back in 2012/2013

UK producers were still making "chicago type drill" beats up until a couple of years ago:gucci::unimpressed:
Breh I never heard a Dj Kenn beat to sound like this :dahell:

I can see your point with DJ L with the hi-hat structure. But that sounded like UK grime at the time with 808s and without claps. How can you say he himself wasn’t influenced by grime??

If anything we could say he was influenced by grime and mixed the two with the 808s and hi-hats

Last edited:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This “drill” shyt is demonic and I believe has an agenda behind it.

Dont get me wrong I fukk with it, esp Chicago drill (NY, UK & other drill scenes are :gag: to me), but I noticed a slight attitude shift when I listened to it religiously. I started to feel on “edge” all the time. Music can influence the subconscious. That’s why I dont listen to drill as much anymores besides working out cuz that shyt can definitely influence you to catch a charge if ur not strong willed.

And once a drill scene emerges in any city it creates a string of senseless violence. Look at how much more violence UK has seen since drill got hot.

And :laff: @ Italian drillers. I can’t take a buncha Milano pretty boys seriously, the Mafia tho:whoa:
yeah I never wouldve thought that this shyt would take over the world like this.

I mean they even got Australian Drill music, and African Drill :dahell: :unimpressed: :gucci:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I can see your point with DJ L with the hi-hat structure. But that sounded like UK grime at the time with 808s and without claps. How can you say he himself wasn’t influenced by grime??

If anything we could say he was influenced by grime and mixed the two with the 808s and hi-hats
like I said to a lesser extent :sas2:

As far as DJ L, according to him he was influenced by Marching bands and Footwork battle trax, which is basically the grandchild of ghetto house music

Drill Music's Rhythm structure Borrows heavily from footwork music as far as placements of the snares, kicks, high hats etc.

I'm not sure about the origins of grime music since I just started listening to it.
But I know house music was HUGE in the UK, and still is, so I'm sure there's gonna be some overlap.

I know uk drill is basically like a fusion between DJ L's sound and uk grime.

Last edited:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

What is drill?

King

Bushed
Daps

As far as DJ L, according to him he was influenced by Marching bands and Footwork battle trax, which is basically the grandchild of ghetto house music

I'm not sure about the origins of grime music since I just started listening to it. But I know house music was HUGE in the UK and still is so I'm sure there's gonna be some overlap.

the rythm structure of drill music borrows a lot from footwork music as far as placements of the snare and kicks.

I’m sure you know that grime came from similar house roots

You could call DJ L a convergent grime producer who was influenced by drill :sas1:

As much as people call this drill, you could call it grime

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFd5qfd8xIgkOrRuQ2NE7yI4qAxmTo98H

Last edited:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m sure you know that grime came from similar house roots

You could call DJ L a drill producer with convergent grime roots :sas1:
all I know is that Dj L, dj kenn and chief keef Need a mural in the middle of east london:wow:
lead.jpg

King

Bushed
Daps
all I know is that Dj L, dj kenn and chief keef Need a mural in the middle of east london:wow:
lead.jpg
And Wiley needs a mural in every city that bit off grime. Including NY and Chicago. And breh, leave DJ Kenn outta this. He was an okay producer but didn’t really produce much shyt of substance compared to someone like Young Chop, who blows him out of the water anyday

Put that mural up with all the grime legends for good measure

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFd5qfd8xIgkOrRuQ2NE7yI4qAxmTo98H

Last edited:

King

Bushed
Daps
What is drill?
As we know it, “2020’s Drill” is a mixture of the structure of late 00’s UK grime and the 808/hi-hats of Chicago drill music. Also the whole style and lyrical context is heavily Chicago drill based. The whole calling out opps style

People downplay the influence of grime bc it’s relatively unknown and fell off, even in the UK once drill hit. Most of it has roots in house music.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Drill Music's Rhythm structure Borrows heavily from footwork music as far as placements of the snares, kicks, high hats etc.

I'm not sure about the origins of grime music since I just started listening to it.
But I know house music was HUGE in the UK, and still is, so I'm sure there's gonna be some overlap.

It really makes since due to Chicago being the birth place of house music and footwork. But yes as you said drill takes from foot work and house music. Which both are extremely big in chicago.

Oh and footwork in chicago is as old as house music. Kids were doing footwork dances in the 80s. Kats would flip a house music beat and make a loop of it in order to do footwork dances to the music.

Last edited:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
As we know it, “2020’s Drill” is a mixture of the structure of late 00’s UK grime and the 808/hi-hats of Chicago drill music. Also the whole style and lyrical context is heavily Chicago drill based. The whole calling out opps style

People downplay the influence of grime bc it’s relatively unknown and fell off, even in the UK once drill hit. Most of it has roots in house music.

I didn't ask you "as we know it". I asked you what is drill?

Grime fell off because it was gimmicky. Where does house music come from?