Cosa Nostra making drill now?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Grime actually came from JON E CASH mixing (already made in NYC) Garage with DOWN SOUTH HIP HOP BEATS
JON E CASH HIMSELF said it.
Chase and Status stole Hoods up from him.
JON E CASH INVENTED GRIME. JON E CASH "I'm listening to this hood music in orlando and I wasn't listening to UK hip hop anymore, I was into the UK garage, UK hip hop is LONG, I went back and forth from the states to the US, and fused the UK garage with the HARD BEATS, that's where SUBLOW came from, it's an INFUSION of two things"
Larry Levan invented Garage in the 70s. In NEW YORK.
<<< that whole UK SUBgenre was named after a club in NY. A gay nikka invented it. Now hella jamaicans "sing" garage.
:heh:

I've said it numerous times in various threads on here that Grime and Dubstep were both influenced by Southern HipHop beats/producers.

The sounds that people calling UK Drill even predate Chi Dill and were commonly found in Southern HipHop/R&B.....the same sounds that influenced UK Garage/2 Step-->Dub Step-->Grime

Southern HIpHOp (Chi Drill is really rooted in Southern crunk/trap)

6H2R7cU.jpg

hPUdOr4.jpg

lets the OG UK acts tell you:ufdup:

UK Garage = American Garage House + HipHop + R&B + Reggae/Dub basslines------>from this mix you get 2 step and then later Grime and Dubstep (along with contemporaneous southern hiphop beats/producer sounds)

KIDRCxh.jpg

aOekNaw.png

What we now know as modern Afrobeatz was born of the same lineage (UK Funky is precurssor)

also peep this post from 2010

Really, he's got a point, if you look at it timeline wise.

A lot of early minimal grime/dark garage productions (which was a precursor to dubstep, despite the attempts by a lot of you to pretend it isn't) were massively influenced by Timbaland beats. In fact, if you listen to Nasty Crew sets from '99/'00, you've got Mak10 and Jammer playing timbaland beats at 70 bpm in with the garage. Same with Heartless and a lot of other crews at the time.

The beat structure of this era of timbaland beats is massively influencial, as is the heavy use of sub bass and the similarities are strikingly obvious

Timbaland: I Created Dubstep - Page 4 - Dubstepforum.com

How grime originators Ruff Sqwad finally got their due

1670.jpg

How grime originators Ruff Sqwad finally got their due

listen

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
like I said to a lesser extent :sas2:

As far as DJ L, according to him he was influenced by Marching bands and Footwork battle trax, which is basically the grandchild of ghetto house music

Drill Music's Rhythm structure Borrows heavily from footwork music as far as placements of the snares, kicks, high hats etc.

I'm not sure about the origins of grime music since I just started listening to it.
But I know house music was HUGE in the UK, and still is, so I'm sure there's gonna be some overlap.

I know uk drill is basically like a fusion between DJ L's sound and uk grime.

Grime has those mid to late 90's USA R&B/Southern HIphop influences in it that the OG UK producer heads, readily admit to, that most modern day listeners aren't aware of. This is why there are Southern HipHOp beats from the 90s and early 2000s that sound similar to Grime and/or Dubstep. The electronica sounds DJ L claims as influences from the USA are the same influences that went to the UK than ended up in the lineage of Grime/Dubstep through Uk Garage/2 step

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps