Coronavirus in the arcadium

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Schools here in the north east are closing except for the town i live in. All surrounding towns have closed as well as ones in other states.

webt grocery shopping, had to stock up on soda water and gatorade as no reg water was available. Roomate could only find this size roll of toilet paper
71IW%2BgNuKQL._SL1500_.jpg

...and its fukking 1-ply:scust:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
On one hand I still feel like the whole thing is being blown way out of proportion but at the same time, this really is the first time we’ve ever seen (or even our parents have seen) entire local governments shut down for weeks over infectious disease. A lot of people bring up how the flu has killed more people, but they don’t shut everything down for the flu...so I don’t completely rule out that we’re being lied to or that it’s all actually being downplayed to prevent mass panic.
for once, we can agree.

Either this is blown way out of proportion due to the nature at which news is cycled instant now (social media, streaming, etc.) or for all this to be done they are with holding information about this virus

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
for once, we can agree.

Either this is blown way out of proportion due to the nature at which news is cycled instant now (social media, streaming, etc.) or for all this to be done they are with holding information about this virus

I’m believing it’s the latter...when the NBA postponed shyt is when my concerns really grew

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
for once, we can agree.

The information of the virus is out there and it's not overblown. It's a numbers game of medical resources and lack thereof vs. how quickly, easily and undetected it can be spread.

Worse case scenarios would cripple any country's medical resources, not cuz of how deadly it is, but of how resource intensive it is to deal with on all fronts. Most people that may contract it won't die, but the numbers of the ones that would need serious medical aid to treat, Healthcare in general doesn't have the means to reach each of them timely enough. Plus it would eventually cause overlap into non-related medical conditions with overwhelming medical staff, thus increasing its deadly impact as well.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
My kids are out til April 3rd at least.

Things here are surprisingly calm.

None of the huge lines and empty shelves. I stocked up a bit but didn’t go crazy. Went in the store yesterday for a couple things and it was pretty normal. And there was still toilet paper on the shelves. I think most people goon all crazy buying stuff are looking to re-sell. Jokes on them cause shyt ain’t bout to be that short long enough for them to make some money.

Only thing I saw was someone bought up all the cheap wine out of Aldi :mjlol:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
They got a pop up fashion show at the job, one of those for profit schools

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My kids are out til April 3rd at least.

Things here are surprisingly calm.

None of the huge lines and empty shelves. I stocked up a bit but didn’t go crazy. Went in the store yesterday for a couple things and it was pretty normal. And there was still toilet paper on the shelves. I think most people goon all crazy buying stuff are looking to re-sell. Jokes on them cause shyt ain’t bout to be that short long enough for them to make some money.

Only thing I saw was someone bought up all the cheap wine out of Aldi :mjlol:
The stores ain’t going nowhere. People out here buying up shyt like they about to go underground or something :dahell:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I hit up price club with wifey yesterday and that shyt was chaos...

I thought that toilet paper shyt was just an internet meme, but nah they really outchea raiding like that...

I almost got into 4 fights, tug of war with one asian dude over ribs...

Tossed that fool to the ground and he crawled away...

People testing you...

"crawled away" that visual is hilarious.