Coronavirus in the arcadium

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC
Pretty much all the schools here in Durham & Raleigh are shutting down next Monday.

All them people been hitting up the liquor stores and stocking up, just in case we close. All the Everclear gone :wow:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
events has been cancelled until further notice.
people are stocking up on toilet paper and water.
that's about it.
i think it is school spring break for everywhere starting after today.. so that's that.

personally, i think this is just some social engineering mind trick

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Virginia beach is like a dirty ass pond, a place where used car salesman go to retire :scust:

They like the Virginia version of Baltimore, they like the cousins you tolerate cuz they fam

Bruh, the world is at panic. You think you'll casually stroll into a store at 8pm and you'll be good?

:laff:

My nikka, please take pictures. There hasn't been toilet paper in stock the last 3 days. A nikka running low :patrice:: but by Monday, shyt... gets real :merchant: i got wipes galore cuz of the kiddies but I'm about to get real. What if.... i guess washcloths and bathtubs if this panic continues.

My kids are 1 and 3yrs old, my other 3 are old enough to handle themselves
.....ummmm that’s not what I asked but ok.....

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My job just sent a corporate mail telling associate to work from home. Only a few people are coming in for the next three weeks to handle on site jobs.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
schools are still open

was @ the supermarket before 8 this morning

got everything I needed including 6 cases of water

where are you @ that they’re closing schools? :lupe:

try hitting up the groceries early if you need water

I always catch them when they’re restocking shelves

I'm in NYC. A lot of people here are scared.
CUNY & SUNY (it's the network of Colleges here) has switched to online courses only. Events with 500+ attendants have been banned.
Public schools still open and MTA and most business are running business as usual.
I'm waiting for some real chaos. Really all they need to do is shut down the MTA and most people will have to stay in their area.

I'm married to a NYC teacher and let me give you the secret school info for now.

she was instructed to prepare 2 weeks works of material to hand to kids on Monday. Monday will be their last day... thats the word as of now but it can change. So, I'm spending my weekend with her in staples.

As far as my job.. I have to try VPN over the weekend. We are to report to the office for now. If we get a phonecall over the weekend we are to report to our designated remote site. They have been told to have a working computer available for the person. we would then have the option of going to the site or working from home. We also need to install Microsoft Teams at home. We are to report to the main office still once a week...

I work for the city too

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hit up price club with wifey yesterday and that shyt was chaos...

I thought that toilet paper shyt was just an internet meme, but nah they really outchea raiding like that...

I almost got into 4 fights, tug of war with one asian dude over ribs...

Tossed that fool to the ground and he crawled away...

People testing you...

:mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I hit up price club with wifey yesterday and that shyt was chaos...

I thought that toilet paper shyt was just an internet meme, but nah they really outchea raiding like that...

I almost got into 4 fights, tug of war with one asian dude over ribs...

Tossed that fool to the ground and he crawled away...

People testing you...

Proph whuppin ass over TP :dead:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
On one hand I still feel like the whole thing is being blown way out of proportion but at the same time, this really is the first time we’ve ever seen (or even our parents have seen) entire local governments shut down for weeks over infectious disease. A lot of people bring up how the flu has killed more people, but they don’t shut everything down for the flu...so I don’t completely rule out that we’re being lied to or that it’s all actually being downplayed to prevent mass panic.

the difference between this anf the flu is this is 1000x more easily spread. Its super super contagious.

I'm saying bruh. 100 dollars...not an ounce of meat...no veggies and a small amount of fruit. WTF!?

I'm half mad at myself for telling her exactly what was in the expense account before she went. Should've told her that it was only 40 dollars or some shyt.

dont you hate. they go shopping and get snacks for everybody but never call and ask what snacks you want and then get mead when you eat up their shyt

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
they closed public schools here in Louisiana until April 13th (1 month)

funny shyt is my GF got this recorded call from the school, talkin about "...schools will be closed until April 13th. during that time we will determine what will happen with Spring Break, which was scheduled April 10th to 17th"

how you get a month off, and then ask "b-b-but what about Spring Break?" :martin:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they closed public schools here in Louisiana until April 13th (1 month)

funny shyt is my GF got this recorded call from the school, talkin about "...schools will be closed until April 13th. during that time we will determine what will happen with Spring Break, which was scheduled April 10th to 17th"

how you get a month off, and then ask "b-b-but what about Spring Break?" :martin:

shyt! :ohhh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
damn you made the call yesterday

can I ask you how you know or are you not able to say?
I’m one of the city videographers.
I work in city hall. All the info goes through us first before hitting the public.

Last edited:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Proph whuppin ass over TP :dead:
There was none to fight over bruh...

This one white lady had two carts of nothing but TP...

From the moment I walked my face was permanently :dahell:at what I was witnessing...

When I went to grab the spareribs from the freezer this one Asian dude put his hand on it at the same time tryna take it from me and says "i need that"...

I looked at him like :stopitslime: , pulled the bag from his hand and his ass ended up on the ground...

Then he starts crawling away like this
giphy.gif