Considering their tiny population are Jamaicans the most influential people ever?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Just want to address the bold
1) food: i don't know about that one. I don't see the influence of AA cooking/cuisine globally. Unless you are talking about soul food restaurants in other countries
2)fashion: outside hair (afros, etc. ) and hip hop wear/streetwear i also am not too sure about the impact of AAs in global fashion especially as most of the world follows European fashion

Southern barbecue and soul food are distinct culinary forms recognized globally.
The big European and Japanese fashion houses have all taken cues from AA trends. All of them.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Jamaicans >>>>

they have much less population and much poorer, yet their influence is known worldwide. AA are in the richest country in the world, that exports its culture world wide.
1. While Jamaicans are poorer. AAs aren't exactly "rich" either especially considering they are the poorest group in America(if we exclude Native Americans).
2. I hate it when people bring up but.. but AAs live in the richest country without using context. Going back to point 1 AAs are the poorest group. But more importantly the majority of the influence took place before America was a world power. I.e AA influence on Afro-Cuban Jazz. @IllmaticDelta can expand on that.

if you just look at sports, JA beats US in track and on a similar level in soccer. Boxing, JA are weaker, but they've had a heavyweight world champion Lennox Lewis.

AAs may be "weaker" at track than JA but AAs had Jesse Owens. :wink:

And lets not forget Basketball... Which is gaining more popularity international.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Funny how @Dip brings up Jamaican gangs.
Bring up how the shower posse got dried up and whipped all throughout the eastern seaboard. nikkas packed it up and moved to Toronto.
Shout outs to JBM, 4th x kennedy, and other crews who smashed Jamaicans, Colombians, and Dominicans....at the same damn time.
Crushing cans.
Jamaica imports gangs, too. They can only thrive where there are no other blacks.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
let me stir the pot

outside music and gangs, what is AA's global influence?

Lets see...

1. Fashion
  2. Food(yes food)
  3. Dances(I literally see almost every group on instagram doing the 'dap' lol)
  4. Films
  5. Slangs
  6. Hairstyles(cant tell you how many Ethiopians I saw in Ethiopia rocking hairstyles from USA)
  7. Black empowerment
I can go on.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
HAS TO BE EUROPEANS. WE INFLUENCE POP CULTURE QUITE A BIT BUT REALLY THINK ABOUT THIS. WE SPEAK THEIR LANGUAGE, WORSHIP THEIR GOD, SPEND THEIR MONEY. WE INFLUENCE THEIR STYLES BUT WE BUY IT FROM THEM. WE INVENT THEN PAY THEM FOR THE RIGHT TO SELL IT. THEIR INFLUENCE DWARF OURS EASILY.
this is the correct answer unfortunately:hhh:

but op said by population

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
To be clear I am NOT trying to trash Jamaican culture(I LOVE the culture) and I agree for a tiny island it was able to influence a lot. But... Outside of reggae and the rasta movement thats where it ENDS.

Dancehall sadly still has not become mainstream in America. Its limited on the East coast of America.