Considering their tiny population are Jamaicans the most influential people ever?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I'm not comparing them
I'm not that well traveled but the only food I've seen in the countries I've been to are fast food (McD, BK KFC etc.) and burger joints

My cousins abroad have no idea what grits or jumbayaa etc are (I didn't know until a couple years ago myself)
I don't k ow anything about the history of fashion so you'll have to school me

Using this argument then no particular ethnic food is influential or is only as influential as the immigrants that bring them. I think the culinary argument is a much stronger one.

And just look at New York, London and Paris fashion week and you'll see plenty of items and silhouettes that are a play on trends in Black America.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Cats trying too hard with the european/jewish answers. Same people will be in another thread saying "cacs have no culture they stole everything from Africa."

laugh-o.gif

bringing up europeans/whites (yes, the jews being mentioned are white) is the only way they can get any real counter argument against Aframs.

Last edited:

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
:martin:Note sure why this even an argument Jamaicans have been influential across the world for over 200 years. FACTS.

esp considering the population

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Using this argument then no particular ethnic food is influential or is only as influential as the immigrants that bring them. I think the culinary argument is a much stronger one.

And just look at New York, London and Paris fashion week and you'll see plenty of items and silhouettes that are a play on trends in Black America.
I still don't see AA cuisine being influential globally. Like I said I have NEVER seen soul food/American BBQ restaurants in any of the nations I've been nor have I seen fusion cuisines that incorporate American food
French, Italian , Chinese cuisines are examples of cuisines with global influence

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I still don't see AA cuisine being influential globally. Like I said I have NEVER seen soul food/American BBQ restaurants in any of the nations I've been nor have I seen fusion cuisines that incorporate American food
French, Italian , Chinese cuisines are examples of cuisines with global influence

You quoted me and literally regurgitated the argument I debunked in said quote :mjlol:

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London

american bbq is so big that there are competitions/cookoffs centered around it:pachaha:

Why Parisians Are Obsessed With American Barbecue

Why Parisians Are Obsessed With American Barbecue

American Barbecue Invades Europe - Epicure & Culture

American Barbecue Invades Europe - Epicure & Culture

If BBQ is an American tradition, for South Africa it is a national obsession

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa — While barbequing is an all-American tradition, in South Africa, it has become a fervent national obsession and the inspiration for an unofficial holiday, championed by everyone from suburban dads to Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

If BBQ is an American tradition, for South Africa it is a national obsession

this book touches on some of it

AFOXuVd.jpg

How Jazz Influenced Fashion

How Jazz Influenced Fashion: New Book to be Launched During Jazz Appreciation Month this April - DrexelNow

Don't get gassed, fam. Those cookoffs aren't "big" by any definition of the word.:francis: At best, they're niche pastimes. Don't nobody give a fukk about an American BBQ cookoff.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Don't get gassed, fam. Those cookoffs aren't "big" by any definition of the word.:francis: At best, they're niche pastimes. Don't nobody give a fukk about an American BBQ cookoff.

stop it...

Competitions
Nationally and regionally sanctioned barbecue competitions occur. State organizations like the Florida Bar B Que Association often list competitions taking place throughout any given year. Visitors are welcome to visit these contests, and many of them hold judging classes where it is possible to become a certified barbecue judge on site.

There are hundreds of barbecue competitions across the region every year, from small local affairs to large festivals that draw from all over the region. The American Royal World Championship contest, with over 500 teams competing, is the largest in the United States. Another major contest is the Houston BBQ world championship contest in Texas. Memphis in May World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest is another one of the largest, and there is even a contest dedicated to sauces, the Diddy Wa Diddy National Barbecue Sauce Contest.[2][10] The nonprofit Kansas City Barbeque Society, or KCBS, sanctions over 300 barbecue contests per year, in 44 different states. Despite the "Kansas City" name, the KCBS judges all styles of barbecue, which is broken down into classes for ribs, brisket, pork, and chicken.

Barbecue in the United States - Wikipedia

Look at what I found:mjgrin:

Caribbean BBQ Association

Home

July 13 and 14 dozens of teams from all over Puerto Rico, the US, and the Caribbean came together on the grounds of the Puerto Rico Convention Center for the biggest outdoor, culinary event of its kind in the Caribbean: the 6th annual Cattlemen’s Caribbean BBQ Competition & Outdoor Festival.

Over 80 teams and 35 sponsors teamed up to provide 15,000 hungry fans with non-stop delectably smoked and amazingly grilled dishes. Teams went head-to-head (or grill-to-grill!) for top honors in over 15 culinary categories that included the Authentic BBQ, Grilling Technique, Hole Hog (Lechón Asado), Steak, Brisket, Pulled Pork, Wings, Hamburgers, and Seafood. From traditional Puerto Rican lechón (roasted pork) to burgers and wings, there was something to feast on for all sorts of BBQ enthusiasts.

Judges hit the tents at 9am sharp, where they were first instructed on proper BBQ Etiquette for judging: they were searching for 3 criteria; flavor, texture, and presentation. Among the judges was the founder of the US BBQ chain Famous Dave’s, Dave Anderson. Dave was overheard reminiscing in the judges’ tent on the simpler days of BBQ, the days of fire and meat, salt and pepper, back when it was all about tasting the meat itself and getting together with friends and having fun over an open fire.

First time competitors, Firefighters of Puerto Rico, surely made some smoke at the event. The team took home the award for most creative and attractive booth, a grilling station built from a 1987 fire engine truck, complete with fire siren and all!

The event was a huge success, with teams coming from Antigua, Barbados, and the US, specifically the Kansas City Barbeque Society (KBCS). The KBCS is the major entity in this culinary field, as the world’s largest grilling society. Next year’s event is already being planned for February, just in time to open the national circuit of BBQ Competitions!