Conservatives in red states turn their attention to ending no-fault divorce laws

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
And where's the pushback from your precious Dems?!?!:childplease: no fed investigations no nothing...

Every time you throw shyt against the wall I feel like I have to give a civics lesson.

AOC is looking to impeach a supreme court justice (probably Thomas cuz he's the dirtiest) but that's a long shot because you need 2/3rds of the majority. Do you have any ideas other than amending the constitution?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Every time you throw shyt against the wall I feel like I have to give a civics lesson.

AOC is looking to impeach a supreme court justice (probably Thomas cuz he's the dirtiest) but that's a long shot because you need 2/3rds of the majority. Do you have any ideas other than amending the constitution?

again the heritage foundation is a white think tank that's been over 60 years old... they have always been in washington...:beli:

If a group of rich black men wrote a 900 page manifesto of how they would subvert american democracy you think there wouldnt be an investigation about it?!!? :leostare:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
there are married couples who file for no fault divorce because one spouse isn't able to conceive and adoption isn't a desirable option so they divorce. if the law ends they'd be legally trapped in that marriage unless they moved elsewhere to file for divorce.

people have gotten divorced simply because one spouse doesn't want to move to another state. you can initially plan out where you want to live but things can change, a job offer or inherited property can be the catalyst that causes one spouse to want to change what they initially agreed upon.

theres just too many reasons people shouldn't have to divulge to the government to want to get a divorce.
You listed bullshyt reasons

I support this push and a lot of people in here have outlined why. Marriage is for life unless there’s abuse or cheating involved. Don’t get married if you can’t agree to that point. Too many people get married without taking about the future or without the ability to compromise. The traditional marriage vows outline compromise and the ability to adapt.

And I’m no conservative and I’m no Trump supporter and I’m going to vote for feeble old man Biden.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The mainstreamb media is purposefully missing the mark on this issue. But so are the conservatives.

The real key to no fault divorce is that women are the primary agents of divorce. They initiate three out of four every divorces, because they're not happy. Most men, these days, are not not drug abusers, drunkards, or wife beaters. Most men's problem according to women is not living up to the woman's standard. No matter how illogical her standard is.

To quote Patrice O'Neal, "you can't make women happy.".

Having said that, do you really want to stay married to an unhappy woman? Not really.

But do you want that unhappy woman to take your children, take your money, and take your retirement?

The answer to that is hell no.

If a marriage ends on a female's terms, like now, a lot of men get a raw deal.

But the mainstream media, and both parties don't want to talk about this at all.
Yep keep no fault end alimony.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
I'm absolutely 100% for this. No fault divorce is a joke. And yes, the answer to all your dumb ass concern trolling is "then don't get married". Not like most of y'all against this are even married in the first place :martin:

Last edited:

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Marriage should not be treated like dating.which it is currently

when you get married shyt changes for both parties financially in the eyes of the law

you should not just be able to wake up one day and end that covenant on a whim.

going into marriage should not just be a thing you do…if people took It seriously the family structure would be better off

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
If the status quo remains, marriage rates will continue to plummet. Making the change the conservatives are pushing for, will also not create the outcomes they desire. The rates will still plummet. Women do not need men for financial survival, as men do not need them. That being the case, things like continual Alimony, and the bias in women receiving children in a no fault divorce needs to be changed.

50/50 parental obligation should be the base line that is always worked from, with extenuating circumstances changing that ratio. If both parties are able bodied, then the split of the household finances should be based on the split of financial contributions made to the finances. You get out what you contributed in, no more, no less. Child support though should remain in favor of the parent who has the higher ratio of parental obligation, but for the most part none will be given if 50/50 is possible. Both parents obligated to pay for the children's needs and split the costs of child care and medical expenses, while also sharing custody time between each new household.

I think changes like that will not increase marriage rates, but it will perhaps reduce the level of no fault divorces. You want to come out of the marriage better than you went in, then you will have to prove in a fault divorce that you deserve a better outcome. If you want to easily end your marriage with a no fault divorce, then your circumstances will pretty much be no better than what they were before you got married with the addition to how much your financial contribution to the marriage has grown. I.E. your outcome will be no different than if you grew your own income for that same time outside of marriage.

In the end, the idea will be to reduce any chance of no fault being used as manner of economic gain, and instead as it should be used. As a means of ending a marriage that one does not desire to be in, no matter the circumstances.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
again the heritage foundation is a white think tank that's been over 60 years old... they have always been in washington...:beli:

If a group of rich black men wrote a 900 page manifesto of how they would subvert american democracy you think there wouldnt be an investigation about it?!!? :leostare:

1/1
The Heritage Foundation's first Mandate for Leadership influenced Ronald Reagan’s admin. in 1981.

They said Reagan gave copies of it to “every member of his Cabinet” and that nearly 2/3 of the recommendations were either “adopted or attempted” by Reagan.
Donald Trump claims to ‘know nothing’ about Project 2025

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

1/1
The Heritage Foundation provided over 2,000 specific policy recommendations on how the Reagan administration could utilize the federal government to advance conservative policies.

It's been downhill ever since then.

https://invidious.poast.org/LU39UVT1gEw?si=DrLIw5C-48tzEh_t

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

1/4
This is the ONE TO SHARE! Please watch. How will Project 2025 impact Black and Brown communities? Let me break it down… This is part two of two. /search?q=#project2025 /search?q=#project2025explained

2/4
Ronald Reagan handed out books to his cabinet about @heritage foundation…who created /search?q=#Project2025. 👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾

Ronald Reagan and The Heritage Foundation. It's hard to tell the story of one without much of the other's. Heritage was President Reagan's favorite think tank, and Reagan was the embodiment of the ideas and principles Heritage holds dear.

Together, we blazed a new path for America.

The partnership began in 1980, when Heritage provided the president-elect's transition team with detailed policy prescriptions on everything from taxes and regulation to trade and national defense.

The published version of these recommendations, the 1,100-page "Mandate for Leadership," was described by United Press International back then as "a blueprint for grabbing the government by its frayed New Deal lapels and shaking out 48 years of liberal policy." The new president used "Mandate" to help realize his vision of a world free of communism, an economy that didn't crush people's dreams with high taxes and regulations, and an America the world could admire once again. He gave copies to every member of his Cabinet. The result: Nearly two-thirds of "Mandate's" 2,000 recommendations were adopted or attempted by the Reagan administration.

REAGAN AND HERITAGE: A Unique Partnership

3/4
And then Donald Trump says he knows nothing about Project 2025! Lying yet again!

4/4
Trump is not running for president, he is running from going to prison!
Trump is crooked, he is so desperate, that he will kill anybody even his mother before he steps foot into prison!

1/1
FLASHBACK: “I don’t want everybody to vote— our leverage in elections goes up as the voting populace goes down.”

Heritage Foundation & ALEC co-founder Paul Weyrich, architect of the tie between the Christian Right & the GOP, told the truth at a rally where Falwell & Reagan spoke