Confederate Flag Debate

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
shyt is amusing seeing them with that flag and the swastika. I'm like they lost the war(s). Hitler was a coward and instead of going out like a soldier or surrendering he went out like bytch and killed himself! :russ:

right!

and at least Germany had the decency to BAN the swastika and remove Nazi statues and re-name the country, Not the US tho :mjpls: US still got Confederate flag and statues everywhere !

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
The right for states to do what they want means some states are going to have shyt laws and practices.

Let's also not forget that the invention of the cotton gin made owning, feeding, and clothing slaves a financial liability. So it was all a moot point. Slavery was ending whether they liked it or not.
OMG...LOL.

Have you read and learned about how the enslaved were treated? Clothing, feeding? They barely did that -- many of the enslaved were half-naked and many of the men didn't even have pants - and wore long shirts -- no underwear.

Men without Pants: Masculinity and the Enslaved – AAIHS

In 1860 --- with the invention of the Cotton Gin -- slavery was more popular than ever in the U.S. -- with no sign of declining. They were fighting to EXPAND it.

The Slaveholders were busy hatching schemes to seize Cuba, Mexico, and parts of South America in order to expand slavery.

Albert Gallatin Brown, U.S. Senator from Mississippi, speaking with regard to the several filibuster expeditions to Central America: "I want Cuba . . . I want Tamaulipas, Potosi, and one or two other Mexican States; and I want them all for the same reason -- for the planting and spreading of slavery." [Battle Cry of Freedom, p. 106.]
To even speak out against slavery branded you an enemy of the South.

Atlanta Confederacy, 1860:

"We regard every man in our midst an enemy to the institutions of the South, who does not boldly declare that he believes African slavery to be a social, moral, and political blessing."

And the enslaved did more than pick cotton -- they were skilled men and women. I do not understand is why there are so many that seem to think that once the cotton industry died out so would slavery. Why on earth would a slave only be capable of working a cotton or any other field for that matter. Slaves could easily be used in mines, RR work and more skilled trades. It's easy enough to learn that some of the most skillful tradesmen in the South were slaves. I've seen sale bills for skilled coopers, blacksmiths, silversmiths etc.

Pick up a book --- or go talk to any historian that specializes in slavery and the Civil War.

Clothing:

"In every slave-holding state, many slaves suffer extremely, both while they labor and while they sleep, for want of clothing to keep them warm."

"We rode through many rice swamps, where the blacks were very numerous, great droves of these poor slaves, working up to the middle in water, men and women nearly naked."

Mr. Bouldin said "he knew that many negroes had died from exposure to weather," and added, "they are clad in a flimsy fabric, that will turn neither wind nor water."

"The apparel of the slaves, is of the coarsest sort and exceedingly deficient in quantity. I have been on many plantations, where children of eight and ten years old, were in a state of perfect nudity. Slaves are in general wretchedly clad."

Theodore Dwight Weld, 1803-1895. American Slavery As It Is: Testimony of a Thousand Witnesses.

Food:

By confining the slaves to the Southern states, where crops are raised for exportation, and bread and meat are purchased, you doom them to scarcity and hunger. It is proposed to hem in the blacks where they are ILL FED."

"My blood has frequently run cold within me, to think how many of your slaves have not sufficient food to eat; they are scarcely permitted to pick up the crumbs, that fall from their master's table."

"Thousands of the slaves are pressed with the gnawings of cruel hunger during their whole lives."

Speaking of the condition of slaves, in the eastern part of that state, the report says,--"The master puts the unfortunate wretches upon short allowances, scarcely sufficient for their sustenance, so that a great part of them go half starved much of the time."

Mr. Asa A. Stone, a Theological Student, who resided near Natchez, Miss., in 1834-5. "On almost every plantation, the hands suffer more or less from hunger at some seasons of almost every year. There is always a good deal of suffering from hunger. On many plantations, and particularly in Louisiana, the slaves are in a condition of almost utter famishment, during a great portion of the year."

"The slaves down the Mississippi, are half-starved, the boats, when they stop at night, are constantly boarded by slaves, begging for something to eat."

"As a general thing on the plantations, the slaves suffer extremely for the want of food."

Theodore Dwight Weld, 1803-1895. American Slavery As It Is: Testimony of a Thousand Witnesses.

Last edited:

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
Kill any of that "dat der is ma heritage" bullshyt. From the creator's mouth that flag has always stood for racism.
zS6682v.jpg

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You must not understand how racism works and are a fool to believe white people would be fair in jobs.

Why do you think the only path to survival, employment, and sustenance is white people?

There are only 3 things needed for survival. Food, clothing, and shelter. All 3 can be obtained without white people.

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
Slavery was never the cause of the war. It was the battle of states rights vs the formation of an all powerful central government. Slavery is the emotional manipulation to get people to forget that the federal government declared war on it's own people and bombed them into submission.

And that's a trick the federal government would continue to use for years after, whether its Waco, operation MOVE in Philadelphia and anyone else who dares oppose them
Try again.

xkxe7vp.jpg

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Try again.

xkxe7vp.jpg

You and everyone else who quoted me are citing the same person from one state. Thats not a consensus.

I believe in free speech and think it's worth dying to defend. Does the fact that some white nationalists share my opinion for different reasons mean I automatically agree with all of their opinions?

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
Brehs and brehettes bringing multiple receipts to refute Neo-Confederate talking points.
:obama:
On the subject of the Confederate flag, in a just history, it would've been held in the same regard as the Nazi swastika: a symbol of a government which fought for one of the worst causes in all of human history. fukk that heritage not hate talking point, your dumbass ancestor got finessed by richer cacs to die for their human "property." You'd think the shame from that alone would turn them off that flag but whatever.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
saying the word ratchet in room full of white folk lol

regardless of race the confederates lost why still fly the flag?

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Jim Crow laws were local, meaning if you didn't like it you could move. And lots of black people did move up north and out west.

As far as segregation, I'm on record here saying integration was a mistake. Yea we had less than, but building things always takes time and there are always setbacks. Black people would have been better off doing for self instead of handing over their children and their future to avoid the hard work of being self sufficient

Sure, they could -- and they did -- under the threat of violence -- and many lost their lives trying to leave the South.

And no - they weren't. They were all over. The South was just out and loud about how they felt. They were new and improved Black Codes.

Black people lost their lives trying to leave the South. During Reconstruction all the way up to the Second Great Migration.

Southern authorities then tried to keep African-Americans from leaving by arresting them at the railroad platforms on grounds of “vagrancy” or tearing up their tickets in scenes that presaged tragically thwarted escapes from behind the Iron Curtain during the Cold War. And still they left.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do you think the only path to survival, employment, and sustenance is white people?

There are only 3 things needed for survival. Food, clothing, and shelter. All 3 can be obtained without white people.

They control the country. If they were not forced to be fair they could easily keep people in poverty or worse which they did.