Competitive spirit in the nba is dead and will never comeback since 90percent of the draft class are mixed brites from well off families

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Trolling aside, youth basketball in the U.S. has increasingly become pay to play

A lot of these kids are getting priced out. I was just talking to one of my uncles, he was trying to sign one of his sons up for AAU and how shocked he was when he found out the cost
Yeah, it's a hustle for people.

My 9 year old hoops AAU and basically year round. Between equipment, fees, the trainer, the gas and food on out of town tournaments, it's probably 4-5 thousand a year.

Sad thing is, this isn't even to get him ahead, though he is far beyond with his local peers, this is just to keep up with the Joneses from other areas unfortunately because there are other parents doing the same exact thing.

I'm just happy he's committed to the grind.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
This thread gave me reason to see how much I've given his trainer since we started in November 2022. Mind you, this is light compared to others. The trainer looks out for me on this due to the fact that he loves my son's potential and he knows dad is going to supplement along the way as well.

AVvXsEiq80-QNpzbG9YaTFvv5Qioot3ZPA47Il0u0oRijCwFoH2IUJ5FEjwkj49ymlUqUUUTQwQm4ZZ04FgqCVzQG68TvP6O3FkYlD5XGv9idiDSE7D-aMkj9kCFtIMbTp06MnTIpLB3emadSXhdjZHg3dPY1vPMiREt33OZ3-AGMvgwNSyn0QEFpw7oD9TRhekW

My son is pretty consistent and usually, it's two days a week. One when there are time/schedule conflicts.

AVvXsEiCttV0-a0-IStkesNrGEEY6pFhYm3hUtRsq7K_-Hw2zS4QQFKfaMb3ABoNMwwIMjXO32NtffnUBAiY_60Pwj64DPuQ_PIvgO7l8oCCXJA8dvPfqW8coM01H_T_G2jBaq1igBT6Y1HXYhKY1losrD4HbOMA3fMzPnpTHbXduUYcplw5EEfVAyha2zDVe2W7

The part that people need to know is that even more than money, it's a time investment. Many a day, I'm simply a rebounder, help defense with the garbage containers in the driveway or whatever else the job calls for. It requires the parent to be plugged in and as much as possible, get additional things.

AVvXsEi87HmImmhM6KJhj685UfvBJLVbxiYKgdWF7XrQQoAC6qyEEa47lOvc8ynWcMb-3dEA1MTvkxGcJnflZ9MGzf9FfAYpH9IR5qz3OAA9rNniMmNy4qTqijTc09-IHLjkTmBWVjC4MqWB175vVDd3yOT0xAM1uQ7tnnZBox4rWaJjFVsDPJMWdCJ8Afumacqj

These are the two most recent things I got him. A silent basketball for dribbling and these glasses that takes away the ability to look down while dribbling. (These are both great items BTW)

I'm not even going to front, it's a lot but it's what the game is now so I don't even trip but if you don't want your kid on that summer jam screen in those games and tournaments, you better do whatever is in your power to help.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Was never what was called competitive....... it was cats who could play and cats who were just there because they were big........the skills arms evened the game from 1 to 5.......ain't no more Frankenstein fives out there.......get your ankles snatched and then step back splashed by a seven footer and it's not even outta place.........on top of the drift that is AAU ball and everybody know everybody.........the plate is big enough for everyone now.........mufukkas always think they shyt was better and it wasnt..........

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
He's the most popularized trainer. He's in 2K and all that other shyt but there are many that don't get press. Drew Hanlan is dope as is Tim Martin. I like seeing the stuff Phil Handy does too.
Chris just a glorified front desk agent at a random gym in nyc

All he does is open the door for jr smith and melo

Drew actually teaches basketball

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Trolling aside, youth basketball in the U.S. has increasingly become pay to play

A lot of these kids are getting priced out. I was just talking to one of my uncles, he was trying to sign one of his sons up for AAU and how shocked he was when he found out the cost
Yup and this is a problem because some cats who didn't have "early" potential need a lot of money to play AAU that nobody is sponsoring them for.

Then they start hitting growth spurts or come around later but miss so much experience and skill growth because they were priced out.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
NBA got a lot more punchable faces for sure :mjlol: :heh:

Dang near the entire Indiana Pacers bench timestamped @7:05:

Last edited:

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This is truth.

You gotta be a suburban kid with means to make it to the league now. This is by design. They taking the black hood element out of the nba. That hunger.

Now you got a bunch of sassy blacks that care about that contract more than putting their foot on an opponents neck.

They love a hungry cut throat euro though.