Competitive spirit in the nba is dead and will never comeback since 90percent of the draft class are mixed brites from well off families

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yup, I think there was a thread on it here years ago based on this article:

American Meritocracy Is Killing Youth Sports

it has only gotten worse post pandemic I presume.

I don't think that's all the reason we have these issues with "competitiveness" though. the NBA has always marketed stars not teams. you are never going to have those rivalries long term, but we've seen them pop up for a few years at a time in the past.

there is definitely something to all these dudes growing up together on the AAU circuit and being friends though, shyt is not regional like it used to be. they are also taught to treat it like a business at a young age, and their individual brand is their business, not a specific team. when you're thinking like that, you're not going to take something like a regular season win/loss more seriously than your health or getting embarrassed on social media in a dunk contest/exhibition game. all these dudes are friends, til someone fukks someone's girlfriend or whatever.

These National AAU teams be having 1 4* player and 4 5* players.

:dead:

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
If you’re not playing year round travel ball at 10-11 you’re way behind .

It’s wild . The kids on those teams are NOT the most naturally talented. They just have the opportunity because youth basketball has been fully commercialized.

Hilarious thing is that they’re not even doing that great a job teaching the game which is what the NBA is finding out right now .

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I see you dumbasses aren't paying attention

I'm watching this hockey game and they convey rotations and substitutions as "shifts"

Like good Ole fashion americans

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
If you’re not playing year round travel ball at 10-11 you’re way behind .

It’s wild . The kids on those teams are NOT the most naturally talented. They just have the opportunity because youth basketball has been fully commercialized.

Hilarious thing is that they’re not even doing that great a job teaching the game which is what the NBA is finding out right now .
Yeah, last weekend, I was in Columbia City, Indiana, two hours away from the crib. We aren't even doing extensive travel like popping up in Dallas or Orlando. My son's team isn't good enough as a whole for that. Coaches aren't teaching, you are right. No development is really occurring. Most of the kids on my son's team jump shots are broken. No arch, no solid foundation on their jumpshots for their feet, etc. Only one other kid can dribble with their off hand. Nobody is working to correct or minimize these deficiencies.

Give and go's, pick and rolls, etc. A lot of nuisance and intelligence of the game is not here with the current generation. Athletic as all hell, but many are clueless about situational basketball.

FukkaPaidEmail

Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Yeah, last weekend, I was in Columbia City, Indiana, two hours away from the crib. We aren't even doing extensive travel like popping up in Dallas or Orlando. My son's team isn't good enough as a whole for that. Coaches aren't teaching, you are right. No development is really occurring. Most of the kids on my son's team jump shots are broken. No arch, no solid foundation on their jumpshots for their feet, etc. Only one other kid can dribble with their off hand. Nobody is working to correct or minimize these deficiencies.

Give and go's, pick and rolls, etc. A lot of nuisance and intelligence of the game is not here with the current generation. Athletic as all hell, but many are clueless about situational basketball.

bro they can’t even read the floor.

off ball movement is apparently like advanced calculus to these kids …

too focused on trying to win games which keeps the cash coming in because parents are too goofy to realize that long term development is the key .

Detroit youth ball fell off a fukking cliff recently

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin

too focused on trying to win games which keeps the cash coming in because parents are too goofy to realize that long term development is the key .

I know, my kid's coach wants them to basically just run plays. Fast break opportunities are minimized because they always want them to 'slow it down.' The tallest kids on the team don't know how to box out and get rebounds. That's why my son goes to a trainer, to know how to move without the ball, to know how to properly do an entry pass to the post and many other things. They don't know how to move without the ball, how to balance the floor. So many times, my son will break protocol and hit a kid with a crossover or another move and drive to the rim, it's not always a defender in his way but a teammate, not knowing what the hell to do. A lot of bad basketball played at times. It's frustrating and my son isn't selfish so he's still trying to get others involved. Even the assistant high school coach told him he needs to be more selfish and aggressive. Situational basketball is becoming a lost art. Sure, all these kids can do the 'ice in my veins' celebration but don't understand that it took a lot to get that wide open look for the corner three.

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
I, for one, welcome our new space overlords.
Competitive spirit is dying because the NBA is ran by pussies who get scared at a aggressive black men.

Same sort of softness hits the NFL as well.

These old cacs do not want to see any aggression from young black men
That's why they have also ruled out any type of protest? Any type of reaction to referee calls:jbhmm:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The crazy thing too about this is people going to spend a lot of money and their kids won't get close to sniffing the league.

Like folks have literally spent $300-$500k on training only for their kid to max out at high school basketball or whatever other sport they're trying to play. I wouldn't even be surprised if some of these trainers and coaches are outright grifting.

Not even rich kids, but middle class families shelling out for their kid to make the league. Knowing only 400 out of 8 billion people will make it that's ~0.000005% chance (probably less as some roster spots are seniority). Some of these people would've been better off opening up a savings account and giving it to the kids with that money, but their parents are obsessed with clout.

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin

Quoting you again breh, this is from a game in January., no movement, no nothing as they get caught ball watching. My son moves without the ball and made a cut. He smoked the layup but just look at the lack of movement all around.

I have no desire to coach, get involved in coaching, talking to coaches about what they should or shouldn't be doing. However, I have addressed my concerns with aforementioned assistant head coach, because he asked. The head coach, whenever he sees me, tells me that he can't wait for my son to get to high school to run his team. There is a real possibility for four-year high school starter with him. That's a goal of his and the coaching staff at the high school watches a good amount of his games.

Back to the video, they run rudimentary sets so a lot of the game is my son just creating opportunities for others because they can't put the ball on the floor more than three dribbles without either picking up their dribble or it getting stolen or a tie up for a jump ball. My son is the only one that can beat people off the dribble, without a pick being set. That said, we never use that to the offense's advantage as a design, it's usually when things break down where he just improvises.

So, a lot of our discussions about his games usually ends up in hypothetical terms because we talk about the plays he would have made if his teammates made the right read for example. At this age, I can't really fault the kids, it's the adults really. They should be teaching these kids.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
The crazy thing too about this is people going to spend a lot of money and their kids won't get close to sniffing the league.

Like folks have literally spent $300-$500k on training only for their kid to max out at high school basketball or whatever other sport they're trying to play.

Not even rich kids, but middle class families shelling out for their kid to make the league. Knowing only 400 out of 8 billion people will make it that's ~0.000005% chance (probably less as some roster spots are seniority). Some of these people would've been better off opening up a savings account and giving it to the kids with that money, but their parents are obsessed with clout.
Anyone aiming for the league unless you know you have the next LeBron or KD is a fool. Honestly, my aim for my son is a scholarship to a D3 school. That is a lofty goal in itself but one that is a hell of a lot more attainable than expecting Adam Silver to call my son's name. Anything above that D3 school is a plus. A free ride to school somewhere is the key. Even he understands that. He wants to go to UCLA but that might not ever be in the cards.

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone aiming for the league unless you know you have the next LeBron or KD is a fool. Honestly, my aim for my son is a scholarship to a D3 school. That is a lofty goal in itself but one that is a hell of a lot more attainable than expecting Adam Silver to call my son's name. Anything above that D3 school is a plus. A free ride to school somewhere is the key. Even he understands that. He wants to go to UCLA but that might not ever be in the cards.
That's a great point about college competition. People don't realize how tough it is to make division 2 or 3 rosters.

FukkaPaidEmail

Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Quoting you again breh, this is from a game in January., no movement, no nothing as they get caught ball watching. My son moves without the ball and made a cut. He smoked the layup but just look at the lack of movement all around.

I have no desire to coach, get involved in coaching, talking to coaches about what they should or shouldn't be doing. However, I have addressed my concerns with aforementioned assistant head coach, because he asked. The head coach, whenever he sees me, tells me that he can't wait for my son to get to high school to run his team. There is a real possibility for four-year high school starter with him. That's a goal of his and the coaching staff at the high school watches a good amount of his games.

Back to the video, they run rudimentary sets so a lot of the game is my son just creating opportunities for others because they can't put the ball on the floor more than three dribbles without either picking up their dribble or it getting stolen or a tie up for a jump ball. My son is the only one that can beat people off the dribble, without a pick being set. That said, we never use that to the offense's advantage as a design, it's usually when things break down where he just improvises.

So, a lot of our discussions about his games usually ends up in hypothetical terms because we talk about the plays he would have made if his teammates made the right read for example. At this age, I can't really fault the kids, it's the adults really. They should be teaching these kids.

The fact that he was even able see the gap and make that cut means his bball is there smoking that lay up don’t even matter …Also the young kid seeing that cut and making the pass means he got some natural talent too…44 athletic for his size and his age …just off the way he crashed in for that board showed that..if he was able to move and cut off ball like your son did (idk if 44 can or not it’s just one clip) he’d be a problem because at that age level kids can’t really deal with that combo ..

It may sound weird as hell but the fact they make him play off ball even though he the only one that can make shyt happen off the dribble is good because it’s forcing him to learn how to move and play without the ball…So I’ll give coach props for that..because what I see a lot is if there is a 10-11 year old that got a little handle he always has the ball in his hand (and not on some pure PG shyt) and the moment he/she ain’t the primary ball handler at the next level they lost for a while .

As far as coaching that shyt can be a headache…It’s dope to see kids grow but dealing with their parents (THE MOMS ) is irritating as hell at times..You already probably know that bc you in the stands with em..I wouldn’t recommend it unless you trying to make it a legit profession or some shyt

Last edited: