Comedian Robin Williams dead by suicide

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
My mother told me I loved Mrs Doubtfire as a kid, I don't even remember it. I haven't seen the movie since. I will re watch it when I get the chance.

I do remember Jumanji though. That was an awesome flick. I saw it for the 1st time since I was a child last year, still a great flick.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Even though this is sad, I'm actually happy there won't be a "Mrs. Doubtfire 2". That had to be one the most FORCED sequels coming up in years. I'm not saying Robin never made a flop, he had bad movies but his overall catalog is solid. Some of the time he would be in a bad movie but still shine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Williams_filmography

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Yeah, it woulda been garbage. Also like 20 years too late...

Actually "Mrs. Doubtfire" is a comedy classic that's a standalone film so a sequel should of never been in development. If they were going to do a sequel, I agree it should of been in the late 90's but the fact it was moving along I was like "Why Robin, don't make them force you to bring out Ms. Doubtfire". I was praying for a "Jumanji" sequel for years cause that world is perfect for a sequel. Instead they did some non-related "In the world of Jumaji" sequel and Robin wasn't even in it. But for Mrs. Doubtfire There's nowhere else for the story to go.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
They are saying Robin has 4 Films still to hit theaters in 2014 and 2015 including the 3rd and final film of the "Night at the Museum" trilogy:

220px-Night_at_the_Museum_Secret_of_the_Tomb_poster.jpg

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
speaking of mrs doubtfire...i swear i murmur "it was a run-by fruiting" a couple times a month, that shyt was the funniest thing ever to me. and jumanji :wow: that was bedknobs & broomsticks/chronicles of narnia type classic fantasy. and hook, loved that movie, plus rufio was fine as fukk to a young dora :noah:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Even though this is sad, I'm actually happy there won't be a "Mrs. Doubtfire 2". That had to be one the most FORCED sequels coming up in years.

The new Dumb & Dumber feels like that to me also.

Wholly unnecessary and I fear that brand of comedy won't translate as well in 2014 and now that we're all adults.

But we shall see.

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sad shyt, no doubt.
But I can't help but feel cynical at the adulation and eulogizing in the media today, especially for someone with decades-long problems of drug use. People are only talking about his talent and making excuses for his drug addiction... Same shyt with Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Now, compare that to the overwhelmingly negative coverage of Whitney Houston's death... :stopitslime:
f219976dc4b779a809b1ca11a97f06a5f03f11268d733c4f9f4a11e4c0b24185.jpg

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just caught the USA today alert on my phone. Crazy that he hung himself. Duke really wasn't in a good place. I know it's been said in the thread but depression is no joke at all.
Sad shyt, no doubt.
But I can't help but feel cynical at the adulation and eulogizing in the media today, especially for someone with decades-long problems of drug use. People are only talking about his talent and making excuses for his drug addiction... Same shyt with Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Now, compare that to the overwhelmingly negative coverage of Whitney Houston's death... :stopitslime:

:mjpls:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sad shyt, no doubt.
But I can't help but feel cynical at all his adulation and eulogizing in the media today, especially for someone with decades-long problems of drug use. People are only talking about his talent and making excuses for his drug addiction... Same shyt with Philip Seymour Hoffman.

:what:

Robin Williams toxicology report ain't even came back yet, we know for a fact drugs killed Whitney. So what are you talking about?

Fred.