Comedian Robin Williams dead by suicide

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
Rip to a talented individual. Depression is no joke. Even things as small as marijuana can push you over the edge if you got mental illness and you can tell dude was always on that at the very least.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
To this day it pisses me off when people would diss "Hook" calling it one of Steven's Spielberg worst moives. It was a bunch of salty adults dissing it. If you were a 80's baby or 90's baby. "Hook" is a motherfukkin Classic. It actually was like a sequel to the original disney cartoon but decades later. It expanded the Peter Pan mythos to me.

220px-Hook_poster_transparent.png
Hook is one of spielbergs worst films no doubt...

..but RW was good in it. Rip.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
To this day it pisses me off when people would diss "Hook" calling it one of Steven's Spielberg worst moives. It was a bunch of salty adults dissing it. If you were a 80's baby or 90's baby. "Hook" is a motherfukkin Classic. It actually was like a sequel to the original disney cartoon but decades later. It expanded the Peter Pan mythos to me.

220px-Hook_poster_transparent.png

Hook received a mixed reception when it was initially released, but over the last decade or so, it has started to be looked at in a more positive light. I'm glad too, because I loved it when I was a kid. Looking through my FB feed today, I've seen Hook almost brought up just as much as Aladdin and Mrs. Doubtfire has. :obama:

Robin Williams took Voice-over Acting to another level with the Genie performance in "Aladdin".

Idk if you've ever seen of the behind the scenes stuff from Aladdin, but the dude was able to change his voice five or six times in one take which is just :whew:.

Disney eventually was like "Well...maybe we should just let Robin ad lib all of the lines he wants. :yeshrug:" so they did. He won a special award at the Golden Globes for that performance.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Roger Ebert's 2004 review of Williams' The Final Cut "It's been said that inside every comedian is a sad man refusing to weep.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Hook received a mixed reception when it was initially released, but over the last decade or so, it has started to be looked at in a more positive light. I'm glad too, because I loved it when I was a kid. Looking through my FB feed today, I've seen Hook almost brought up just as much as Aladdin and Mrs. Doubtfire has. :obama:

Idk if you've ever seen of the behind the scenes stuff from Aladdin, but the dude was able to change his voice five or six times in one take which is just :whew:.

Disney eventually was like "Well...maybe we should just let Robin ad lib all of the lines he wants. :yeshrug:" so they did. He won a special award at the Golden Globes for that performance.

The reason "Hook" got mixed reviews was critics back then thought it was too radical to make Peter Pan into a grownup but to me that what made the plot great. It's about a kid who grows up and find his childhood again.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
The reason "Hook" got mixed reviews was critics back then thought it was too radical to make Peter Pan into a grownup but to me that what made the plot great. It's about a kid who grows up and find his childhood again.

:yes: Like the homie, @MushroomX said awhile back (when Bob Hoskins passed away):
:to: People forgot how much ether it contains. :ufdup: The shytty thing about growing old, is that not only do you not feel young but lose it as well. Peter wanted to become a dad, but in turn forgot about having fun with life. Neverland brought that back to him, teaching him to remember that while your older you don't have to act grumpy. To be a kid isn't about the number of years, but learning to swim with the tide. :youngsabo::to:

That's probably the best summarization of Hook, I can think of. :wow:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Maybe or maybe it got bad reviews cuz it wasnt that great a movie. Even spielberg would tell u that. But i know the coli hook stans run deep so dont trip.

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
“All he could talk about were serious money troubles,” the friend told the website about a recent chat with Williams. “There were clearly other issues going on and Robin sounded distant during the telephone conversation.”

The troubled Williams was even rattled by the impending resurrection of one of his most famous film creations, “Mr. Doubtfire,” the friend told RadarOnline.

“There was also frustration that Robin expressed at having to take television and movie roles he didn’t want to take, but had to for the paycheck,” the family friend said.

“Doing sequels was never Robin’s thing, and he wasn’t that excited at having to reprise the role of Mrs. Doubtfire.”

In an interview last year, Williams typically made a joke when asked if he lost all his money in his two divorces.

“Well, not all,” he told Parade magazine last September. “Lost enough. Divorce is expensive. I used to joke they were going to call it ‘all the money,’ but they changed it to alimony.

“It’s ripping your heart out through your wallet.”

Williams was last seen alive Sunday night about 10 p.m.

Williams’ three children were financially protected by a trust set up by the comedian, according to TMZ.com. The kids receive their payments at three different milestones: their 21st, 25th and 30th birthdays, the report said.

Gold digging whores

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Thanks breh. I have a friend with anxiety. He cant even come to watch movies with me. Its hard to deal with that too breh so stay up.

And yeah. Ive shared this before but, when i was a kid my father murdered a woman. Hes gone away for life. My mother remarried 3 times before i was 16, all of them abusive as fukk. Made me an outcast in my own home. On top of just being poor as hell.

Instead of manifesting into anger it turned to self hate. Blaming myself. My brain developed with that sadness and self deprecation embedded into it. Ive carried it my whole life.

Funny enough I was labelled the class clown all through school. Making people laugh was my escape from reality.

Robin has always been one of my favorites so all this hits me hard right now.
damn breh...stay up, that's a hard life but glad to see you're still living

Phantom

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Thanks for the memories Robin, RIP.

Mrs. Doubtfire is the first movie to make me laugh out loud as a kid