Actress Shelley Duvall has died at 75

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Gotdamn

...The most difficult moment, however, would be the baseball scene for Duvall, where the auteur had infamously taken 127 takes, the highest number of takes in any film according to the Guinness Book of World Records. Duvall ended up with a hoarse throat, raw, wounded hands and severe dehydration...
Holy shyt I didn't know this :damn: :damn:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
As I said in the TLR thread, there is a special place in hell for Kubrick for fukking up this woman emotionally and mentally. Probably one of the best actresses of the time that could have been more than just a relic of the past. She had this unique "gee golly" persona and made you believe that she was either somebody worth fighting for, or somebody that was on the verge of self-destruction.

May she find peace and freedom from this bytch called mental illness.
I was about to say something about Kubrick’s treatment of her. Absolutely terrible. And no one on the set of The Shining stood up for her either, which is pretty disheartening in its own right, but I’m not surprised. Kubrick was a great director but a terrible person.:hhh: Anyway, :rip: Shelley.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I was about to say something about Kubrick’s treatment of her. Absolutely terrible. And no one on the set of The Shining stood up for her either, which is pretty disheartening in its own right. Kubrick was a great director but a terrible person.
:hhh: Anyway, :rip: Shelley.

Kubrick was one of those evil geniuses of cinema. His body of worth is impeccable, but his sadistic ways are cold and callous. Hell, ole boy from Full Metal Jacket had to go through a shyt load of counseling and dieting because of the boot camp scenes alone.

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
RIP

for those who haven't seen it, 3 Women with her and sissy spacek is an incredible movie. strongly strongly recommend it

Came in here to say this. Her best film IMO and some of the best sets and photography in a movie I've ever seen.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-