Colorism strikes again. Black Twitter not happy about Zendaya being more paid than keke Palmer based off her skin tone *** Keke responds!

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
Zenyada ados so this isn't about colorism

Cause in ados caste system

They both the same

The whole notion lightskin diff from darkskin isn't American black concept

So zenyada doesn't benefit from lightskin cause they both are seen as black in America

I think zenyada a lil better

But Keke underatted
How is she Ados and not Edoc?

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Yup and that's also about your agent and the roles you take/pass on. Keke's credits are objectively bad and you can't convince me it's because she's darker. There are darker women than Keke who have gotten better roles over the last 5 years too. Including Lupita Nyong'o. And Michaela Coel.
:mjlol:

It's wild how much disinformation and resentment is driven by these blogs, who highlight the absolute worse drivel on twitter to give a bigger platform for people to argue about. It's brain poison. I'm not some Zendaya fan BTW. She's great in Euphoria, and outside of that the only thing I've seen her in is Dune. She's a good actress. For the life of me I can't even understand why someone would even compare these two actresses but then again, this is what jealous people do. And it's often what r&b/pop fans do. Sit around arguing over who would have been bigger if only they got a better shot, or if Beyonce didn't steal their songwriter, or if this beat went to her instead etc. That catty bullshyt is all over social media.

If Keke wants more bread and better roles then she needs better credits and an agent doing their best Ari Gold impression. Zendaya is the least of her worries when you have Brit with theater experience doing stuff on their home soil and then eating over here.

But she has to embraces roles that are outside of her usual zone. It can go both ways with the right projects. The chick who plays Raq on Raising Kanan has theater experience and her role on that show it way outside of her zone but she holds her own.

She’s killing that shyt so she can get the next bag and show they she has range. Whoever her representation is, they made sure that the showrunners didn’t get Faith Evans (lol) or another R&B singer to do the role.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Yup and that's also about your agent and the roles you take/pass on. Keke's credits are objectively bad and you can't convince me it's because she's darker. There are darker women than Keke who have gotten better roles over the last 5 years too. Including Lupita Nyong'o. And Michaela Coel.
:mjlol:

It's wild how much disinformation and resentment is driven by these blogs, who highlight the absolute worse drivel on twitter to give a bigger platform for people to argue about. It's brain poison. I'm not some Zendaya fan BTW. She's great in Euphoria, and outside of that the only thing I've seen her in is Dune. She's a good actress. For the life of me I can't even understand why someone would even compare these two actresses but then again, this is what jealous people do. And it's often what r&b/pop fans do. Sit around arguing over who would have been bigger if only they got a better shot, or if Beyonce didn't steal their songwriter, or if this beat went to her instead etc. That catty bullshyt is all over social media.
Lupita is a way better actress. That said Michaela shouldn't be stunning on Keke but she is. Keke need to lock in. shyt, all of the insecure chicks outside of Amanda Seales done passed her as well

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I respect her reaction a lot. You gotta diffuse bullshyt sometimes. And I think her response further highlights how ludicrous the comparison was. Yea Zendeya has had a far greater career of the last 5 years which matters most but Keke isn't some struggling actress because of her color. And as has been stated there are multiple darker actresses who have had more success than her recently. She's back in a big budget film, compared to the straight-to-DVD tier stuff she was doing not long ago. Good for her.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
oh please, you can’t play the colorism card in 2022

zendaya and tessa thompson are the only two light skin women working in all of hollywood right now. damn near every black female role goes to a dark skin or immigrant woman these days. thats the look directors want
Colorist is always a thing we could talk about. So long as it's a problem, we shouldn't flat out ignore it.

What about Zoe Kravitz who just starred as the female lead in The Batman? And Zoe Saldana is about the same tone as Tessa, plus she's in Marvel as well.

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
Colorist is always a thing we could talk about. So long as it's a problem, we shouldn't flat out ignore it.

What about Zoe Kravitz who just starred as the female lead in The Batman? And Zoe Saldana is about the same tone as Tessa, plus she's in Marvel as well.
zoe saldana is latino not ADOS so she is not in the conversation

and what about the black female leads in jurassic park and uncharted who are both keke palmer’s color or darker…you can go back and forth all day but we just live in an environment where shae butter dictates the culture and lightskin women dont have the same pull they did pre-2010

if anything, lightskin women only get work in corny superhero shyt because they are so dominant and have to be ambiguous enough to appeal to everyone and audiences in china too. but in an artistic film or oscar contender, you better believe they’re going with a darkskin/immigrant chic

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
& once again nikkas don't give a fukk about colorism

they give a fukk about tryna gain favoritism in all situations

they feel some sort of way about how people they identify with are regarded

but hypocritically will have all types of fukked up perspectives & energy to people they don't identify with

it's not about what's right it's about tryna get the perceived advantage