Colorism strikes again. Black Twitter not happy about Zendaya being more paid than keke Palmer based off her skin tone *** Keke responds!

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Does colorism exist/influence a hell of a whole lot? Absolutely.

Is Zendaya a fukking beast? Absolutely. Not just in appeal but super talented.

I don't know if Keke Palmer also being bi-racial or a shade or two lighter would even things out for them career wise, BUT, hopefully such a debate causes Zen to cast her in something being that she wants to produce films with black female leads. Would be the perfect pivot.

Last edited:

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
People saying Zendaya is the bigger star are forgetting that she only is because of her skin color.

For example if she's a few shades darker she's not in the Spiderman films as MJ.

She's not in Dune.

And she's not in Euphoria.

Now by her own admission she goes for white girl roles so as not to take away from Black women but she doesn't want to be in "black" movies anyway so that's not saying much.

And just watching both of them unscripted Keke is naturally just funnier. Zendaya though is the same dry sarcastic plain person she plays on screen. But she gets the unjustified light skin career boost.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
People saying Zendaya is the bigger star are forgetting that she only is because of her skin color.

For example if she's a few shades darker she's not in the Spiderman films as MJ.

She's not in Dune.

She's not in Euphoria.

Now by her own admission she goes for white girl roles so as not to take away from Black women but she doesn't want to be in "black" movies anyway so that's not saying much.

And just watching both of them unscripted Keke is naturally just funnier. Zendaya though is the same dry sarcastic plain person she plays on screen. But she gets the unjustified light skin career boost.
Nikkas going off the hype of that Euphoria scene
It was cool, but it's not like I believed she was a different person
Just a lot of yelling, stomping, and crying

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I like to wash gbe saying they ran on a train her out my mind brother.
giphy.gif

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
Name a Black actor getting anywhere close to the same looks as Zendaya

Only Halle Berry and Zoe Saldana(who somehow got a I only fukk white men clause in her movies just like real life)
you mean looks as in magazines and high glamour red carpet looks? bc zendaya has a natural model’s body type and facial structure that fits a high couture brand

lupita nyongo has the same features and gets those looks consistently. and duckie thot although she’s a straight model not actress but she’s dark as fukk and high fashion

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Wasn’t keke going through mental health issues awhile back? Maybe her taking time off to deal with it held her career back.

I do remember a time Keke was spazzing.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Yes, Zendaya is more marketable because she's lighter and probably got better roles because of it. But comparing her to Keke Palmer is silly what has she been in? And honestly neither are amazing actors.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
you mean looks as in magazines and high glamour red carpet looks? bc zendaya has a natural model’s body type and facial structure that fits a high couture brand

lupita nyongo has the same features and gets those looks consistently. and duckie thot although she’s a straight model not actress but she’s dark as fukk and high fashion
Looks as in movies and TV series
I don't feel like Lupita gets the same opportunities as Zendaya
shyt, Zendaya has said this herself

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I mean they popularly could be attributed to zendalla going into the most popular super hero movie and becoming the co stsr

Keke was more popular from the start, but those movies wasn’t super man. And this is her first staring role as an adult so yea, I think this will be her breakout after a cold period.
:ehh:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yup and that's also about your agent and the roles you take/pass on. Keke's credits are objectively bad and you can't convince me it's because she's darker. There are darker women than Keke who have gotten better roles over the last 5 years too. Including Lupita Nyong'o. And Michaela Coel.
:mjlol:

It's wild how much disinformation and resentment is driven by these blogs, who highlight the absolute worse drivel on twitter to give a bigger platform for people to argue about. It's brain poison. I'm not some Zendaya fan BTW. She's great in Euphoria, and outside of that the only thing I've seen her in is Dune. She's a good actress. For the life of me I can't even understand why someone would even compare these two actresses but then again, this is what jealous people do. And it's often what r&b/pop fans do. Sit around arguing over who would have been bigger if only they got a better shot, or if Beyonce didn't steal their songwriter, or if this beat went to her instead etc. That catty bullshyt is all over social media.

These blogs, sites and Youtube fools know what they are doing. They purposely throw out raw unintelligent meat to the savages so that they get in an uproar and provide them clicks and views. They also know folks on forums will then take their mindless articles/talking points and post it on a forum to get views for their profile. The forums will of course allow it because it brings views and clicks to their site.

Its one big ass cesspool and these folks, the people who run the blogs, sites, twitter pages and forums all know what they are doing. Its also causing a dumbing down of folks because they aren't challenged and don't perform any critical thinking. Which is also why I say folks under 18 year old don't need to be on most forums, twitter and social media cause its filled with trash that their underdeveloped brain doesn't need to be reading/seeing.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Name a Black actor getting anywhere close to the same looks as Zendaya

Only Halle Berry and Zoe Saldana(who somehow got a I only fukk white men clause in her movies just like real life)
I can't remember the name of the movie but Zoe has at least 1 with a black love interest because I watched it. It was small time though.