Colorism strikes again. Black Twitter not happy about Zendaya being more paid than keke Palmer based off her skin tone *** Keke responds!

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Where were these people when Black Twitter was clowning Keke about her fashion choices, music career and social media presence. They would drag this girl. I remember even with that whole situation with her and Trey Songz they were dragging her and saying she was either lying or being dramatic. Colorism is very real but so is selective amnesia. And we not gonna pretend that people weren't calling Keke "annoying". I use to see it all the time. It's like Keke is now being used discredit Zendayas accomplishments by the same people who use to discredit Keke.

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
Looks as in movies and TV series
I don't feel like Lupita gets the same opportunities as Zendaya
shyt, Zendaya has said this herself
that could be a factor of her age though. lupita nyongo is a headliner but she’s 40 and zendaya is 25

viola davis (black black) and lupita are the only two headliners of that age range today. kerry washington would not pull as much money in as either one

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Men discussing Mali v. France.... Ukraine v. Russia.... China v. Taiwan.... the 12 trillion worth of gold found in Uganda.

Women discussing lightskins v. darkskins in Hollywood

I agree with your sentiment, but to be fair to the women there's a ton of butthurt men mad about too many women in an upcoming comic book film. Black women arguing about colorism in Hollywood, black men mad about a gender agenda in a Hollywood film. It's all a joke.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps

cY7gVwz.png

:unimpressed:

Where were these people when Black Twitter was clowning Keke about her fashion choices, music career and social media presence. They would drag this girl. I remember even with that whole situation with her and Trey Songz they were dragging her and saying she was either lying or being dramatic. Colorism is very real but so is selective amnesia. And we not gonna pretend that people weren't calling Keke "annoying". I use to see it all the time. It's like Keke is now being used discredit Zendayas accomplishments by the same people who use to discredit Keke.
This and this these fukking lonely ass ugly ass more than likely fat portable earthquake bytches need to shut the fukk up like god damn

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
that could be a factor of her age though. lupita nyongo is a headliner but she’s 40 and zendaya is 25

viola davis (black black) and lupita are the only two headliners of that age range today. kerry washington would not pull as much money in as either one
Zendaya has still said herself she knows she's in the position she's in because she's biracial

Now, that's not saying that Keke may or may not have done things to impact her career

But I don't think Zendaya outshines her as an actress
She basically plays the same sarcastic girl in everything

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Why can't he?
look at all the dumb shyt we talk about on here. charleston white, varying coastal beefs, whatever lebron james happens to be doing at the moment. like men are just having a logistics forum while women talk about trash ignorant. he tried that with white people and asians too.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
I don’t think Zendaya is the better actress than Keke. I do think Zendaya will get more roles than Keke due to colorism in Hollywood.
But I also don’t think Zendaya is a talentless hack either because I’ve seen growth in her as an actress.

I do think Keke is criminally underrated as an actress b/c that’s what Hollywood does to black female (and male) actors if they not biracial or c00ning heavy. I also think Keke’s bout with drugs didn’t help shyt, but I like the rebranding she is doing with her image.
Regardless, this is just the way Hollyweird is. No surprise here.

My opinion, but it is LITERALLY impossible to believe this if you've watched Euphoria.

Daps
I don’t think Zendaya is the better actress than Keke. I do think Zendaya will get more roles than Keke due to colorism in Hollywood.
But I also don’t think Zendaya is a talentless hack either because I’ve seen growth in her as an actress.

I do think Keke is criminally underrated as an actress b/c that’s what Hollywood does to black female (and male) actors if they not biracial or c00ning heavy. I also think Keke’s bout with drugs didn’t help shyt, but I like the rebranding she is doing with her image.
Regardless, this is just the way Hollyweird is. No surprise here.

Zenyada ados so this isn't about colorism

Cause in ados caste system

They both the same

The whole notion lightskin diff from darkskin isn't American black concept

So zenyada doesn't benefit from lightskin cause they both are seen as black in America

I think zenyada a lil better

But Keke underatted

Daps
not only is zendaya in blockbuster movies and on one of the hotttest tv series in a minute...
she also makes bread modeling and that has to do more with her skinny ass body type than skin color
This 100%.

Z is like 5'10", skinny and sorta average looking which is EXACTLY what fashion designers want in a model. Being well built or extra pretty isn't really what they go for.

Keke isn't even especially dark. She's just regular ADOS black.