Colorism strikes again. Black Twitter not happy about Zendaya being more paid than keke Palmer based off her skin tone *** Keke responds!

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
So if I understand correctly, the one in the middle is Black but none of the others are. Correct?

1200px-Booker_T_Washington_retouched_flattened-crop.jpg
311-mad-39841.jpg
0x0.jpg
zendaya-1-1.jpg
00Overlooked-Little1-superJumbo.jpg

Is the child of a black man and a "mixed woman" black?

How about the child of two mixed persons who were considered black?
I don’t know who the first and last picture are. But if either has 1 white parent they are mulatto/biracial. Stephen curry has two black parents, he is black. Obama is biracial. Zendaya is biracial. I’m not basing their background on phenotype or complexion, I’m basing it on who there parents are. If one parent is white, they are not fully black. I do not see a person with a white parent to be the same as me. I do think it’s insulting to say that white women have the ability to birth black children. Or to say that I am the same as a person who is the product of one white parent. I am not. i have biracial cousins and trust me their white mothers are different from black mothers. And even they know it.

Go watch tik tok and get on social media and just listen to these biracial kids talk about their white parent and what it was like for them. Hint—many of them are conflicted about identity for a reason and it often stems from the experiences they had with the white parent. And It’s not relatable to me. We are in 2022, it’s okay for people who come from two black parents to distinguish themselves from people who come from a white and black parent.

It is okay to allow biracial people to exist as a group and a category of their own, because they are a bit different from us. And we can acknowledge that, while also recognizing that they also have similarities with us and that some may even look like us.

What I wont do is pretend that the average bw sees zendaya as a representative… most bw want biracial women to stopped being lumped in with us. This is why many complain at biracial women taking opportunities from black women. We clearly don’t see them as exactly the same as us. And that’s okay.

I recognize that this won’t be popular with some bm—who may not understand why bw want that distance. But enough bw do. That being said, even zendaya herself has talked about being biracial—she knows her experiences are different from bw. She feels closer to bw though and relates to them, like many biracial women do, so most of us aren’t going to tell her she can’t claim kinship to us. We just don’t necessarily see her as the same as us.

Last edited:
Daps
So if I understand correctly, the one in the middle is Black but none of the others are. Correct?

1200px-Booker_T_Washington_retouched_flattened-crop.jpg
311-mad-39841.jpg
0x0.jpg
zendaya-1-1.jpg
00Overlooked-Little1-superJumbo.jpg

Is the child of a black man and a "mixed woman" black?

How about the child of two mixed persons who were considered black?

This is a good point nobody likes to touch on. It's lowkey because thecoli is cool with mixed people identifying as black as long as they don't have a white parent, even if they are less than 50% black like Keyshia Cole.