Colorism strikes again. Black Twitter not happy about Zendaya being more paid than keke Palmer based off her skin tone *** Keke responds!

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
One is bankable and the other is not.

Nope is hot ass and Zendaya keeps picking profitable and decent films
Bankable? :mjpls:

What characteristics does Zendaya have that make her "bankable"? :mjpls:

Seriously, Zendaya plays the same sarcastic slacker in every thing she does. She's kind of a less talented Jennifer Lawrence. And no one says hey we need a really talented actress, let's get Zendaya. :skip:

Keke on the other hand is naturally funny and versatile, the problem though is the financiers for most TV shows and movies are white so they're going with the high yellow women to be tokens in their projects.

Which is why Zendaya, like Zazie et al keep getting work playing the token light skin love interests for white male protagonists.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
How is Zendaya not black when her father is a black man that’s prolly darker than Wesley Snipes? Y’all need to cut this goofy shyt out. Halle Berry ain’t black either then. As well as a whole lot of other people.
Zendaya isn’t black. lol living in America got your head fukked up. What PREDOMINANTLY Black Country would ever consider a person like zendaya black when she’s clearly mixed race. Man you guys cling to that one drop rule like your life depends on it

You think Haitians butchering the mixed kids during the Revolution was by accident. They knew mixing with other nations would lead them to a state like apartheid South Africa

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Now people are going to act like Keke been their girl? :mjlol: I hate Twitter bruh. I remember not many people caring when she got on that show with Strahan and that white lady on abc. I said she is good enough to be a host on the show(she was one of their guests hosts) and she actually got the job. Covid killed it though sadly

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Eh, zendaya always plays a certain role too if we’re keeping it buck. She’s always the rebellious/sarcastic smart girl. I haven’t seen much range from her outside of the clips y’all showed of her on Euphoria. But even in that role she’s still playing the role of the outcast so…

She’s come along way though and I think what she has over keke is that she’s been in a top show on hbo and in top marvel movies. It’s hard to compare the two because they each have their own niche in terms of the characters they play.

What I like about zendaya though is that shes also always supporting bw. So I hate that they tried to pit the two of them against each other. I don’t even see it as colorism because zendaya is technically mixed. She isn’t just light skin, she’s half white. And many roles are given to biracial actresses over bw. i think in Hollywood, biracials are in their own category—they are above regular black actors/actresses, but below whites. So whenever there is a role that needs a more diverse looking character, they choose the ambiguous biracial actor.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Any parent who lets their child enter Hollywood is doing so for a come up.

Zendaya is now worth $15M, the parents will say it was worth it :francis:

But yeah Zendaya was his side piece.

She was just a Disney Star and then suddenly she's being invited to A-List events, Oscars and Golden Globes. Then suddenly gets a Spider-Man movie.

All down to Harvey who remember at that point in time what was one of the most powerful men, if not the most in Hollywood.
Dammit man.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any parent who lets their child enter Hollywood is doing so for a come up.

Zendaya is now worth $15M, the parents will say it was worth it :francis:

But yeah Zendaya was his side piece.

She was just a Disney Star and then suddenly she's being invited to A-List events, Oscars and Golden Globes. Then suddenly gets a Spider-Man movie.

All down to Harvey who remember at that point in time what was one of the most powerful men, if not the most in Hollywood.
Harvey+Weinstein+Zendaya+Coleman+12th+Annual+20qtwfvjCazx.jpg

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Maybe he didn’t defile her (because that is what being with him would be!); maybe he did stuff to himself in her presence. :patrice:

I don’t know. But she also doesn’t have the glow in her eyes a young girl should have. :francis:

Lawd my family really protected me :wow:

larsattack

All Star
Daps
Zendaya isn’t black. lol living in America got your head fukked up. What PREDOMINANTLY Black Country would ever consider a person like zendaya black when she’s clearly mixed race. Man you guys cling to that one drop rule like your life depends on it

You think Haitians butchering the mixed kids during the Revolution was by accident. They knew mixing with other nations would lead them to a state like apartheid South Africa
Half black people experience is a valid part of black American history and culture. If we’re speaking about other countries than it all depends on how they define race. Africans have been known to reject the the label of black in the American sense. Would predominately black countries even look at you as the same as them ? Lol (I’m assuming you’re African American)

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
I don't even know how Keke Palmer is a household name considering the fact she's never starred in anything noteworthy at least to my knowledge.

I hardly know any of her movies where she was the headliner or co-headlined outside of maybe 4-5 and those movies were when she was a little girl/young mid-aged teen.

I don't know much about Zendaya but I'm aware she grew up as a big Disney star playing in hit Disney series and now has been in a few marvel movies. It's clear one has had an engine behind them since day 1 and the other started on their own.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Half black people experience is a valid part of black American history and culture. If we’re speaking about other countries than it all depends on how they define race. Africans have been known to reject the the label of black in the American sense. Would predominately black countries even look at you as the same as them ? Lol (I’m assuming you’re African American)
Let’s look at Malcolm X even though he has 1 white grandparent he was still welcomed when he travelled to certain countries in Africa and was called the lost child who has been found.

Can we say the same will happen with Zendaya

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
not only is zendaya in blockbuster movies and on one of the hotttest tv series in a minute...
she also makes bread modeling and that has to do more with her skinny ass body type than skin color

Nah don’t tell them that it has to be colorism.

larsattack

All Star
Daps
Let’s look at Malcolm X even though he has 1 white grandparent he was still welcomed when he travelled to certain countries in Africa and was called the lost child who has been found.

Can we say the same will happen with Zendaya
If They would accept a light skin man with red hair than why wouldn’t they accept zendaya

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Living in America ain’t get shyt fukked up with me. If u ain’t a black American u won’t fully understand our experience so don’t diminish it. I’m a descendant of slaves in this country. Zendaya isn’t a “one drop” rule person. Muthafukka when the clan was hanging muthafukkas here all that whose parent and grandparents was this shyt ain’t matter. What mattered is that u looked black and wasn’t white. There’s black people with 2 black parents that are lighter than Zendaya. Y’all need to cut this bullshyt colorism shyt out because these crackers don’t give a fukk about none of that shyt the way y’all do. They will butcher and lynch y’all ass regardless. There’s darker skinned people with one black parent. shyt Dave Chappelle has a white grandparent. Huey P Newton prolly Zendaya complexion.
Huey_Newton_HS_Yearbook.jpeg

Last edited: