Colorism strikes again. Black Twitter not happy about Zendaya being more paid than keke Palmer based off her skin tone *** Keke responds!

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It's wild how one dumb tweet with a few thousand RTs become the social topic of the week when the Coli or a blog picks it up. Who fukking cares. Not to mention how disrespectful it is to simply disrespect a woman and say the only reason she has achieved what she's achieved is because she's light skinned. It's always protect/defend/support black women until they find a black woman they want to shyt on this week. Jealousy.

What makes it worse is that Zendaya has always supported and spoken out in support for Black Women when she didn't have to (Weinstein stimulus) and this is how they do her :wow:

Though I think we gotta see which specific group black women are making the noise here if you know what I mean :mjpls:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Living in America ain’t get shyt fukked up with me. If u ain’t a black American u won’t fully understand our experience so don’t diminish it. I’m a descendant of slaves in this country. Zendaya isn’t a “one drop” rule person. Muthafukka when the clan was hanging muthafukkas here all that whose parent and grandparents was this shyt ain’t matter. What mattered is that u looked black and wasn’t white. There’s black people with 2 black parents that are lighter than Zendaya. Y’all need to cut this bullshyt colorism shyt out because these crackers don’t give a fukk about none of that shyt the way y’all do. They will butcher and lynch y’all ass regardless. There’s darker skinned people with one black parent. shyt Dave Chappelle has a white grandparent. Huey P Newton prolly Zendaya complexion.
Huey_Newton_HS_Yearbook.jpeg
If the boat stopped in Brazil rather than America or some where in Latin America none of y’all would identify as black. This has NOTHING to do with skin color and more to do facial features and phenotype. There are Africans 5x lighter than me. If you think skin shade has anything to do with it you’re deluding yourself. Stop playing, if nikkas gotta question if you’re black are you really black at the end of the day? Think about it. We really gotta question if you have features a typically black people would have across the various phenotypes present. C’mon

Last edited:

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
If the boat stopped in Brazil rather than America or some where in Latin America none of y’all would identify as black. This has NOTHING to do with skin color and more to do facial features and phenotype. There are Africans 5x lighter than me. If you think skin shade has anything to do with it you’re deluding yourself. Stop playing, if nikkas gotta question if you’re black are you really black at the end of the day? Think about it. We really gotta question if you have features a typically black people would have across the various phenotypes present. C’mon
Zendaya isn’t black. lol living in America got your head fukked up. What PREDOMINANTLY Black Country would ever consider a person like zendaya black when she’s clearly mixed race. Man you guys cling to that one drop rule like your life depends on it

You think Haitians butchering the mixed kids during the Revolution was by accident. They knew mixing with other nations would lead them to a state like apartheid South Africa
They want an excuse to continue having kids with non wooly haired black women. They want “foreigns“ with straight hair and don’t care about their lineage, their ppl, or the child.

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
Half black people experience is a valid part of black American history and culture. If we’re speaking about other countries than it all depends on how they define race. Africans have been known to reject the the label of black in the American sense. Would predominately black countries even look at you as the same as them ? Lol (I’m assuming you’re African American)
Yea. Goes all the way back to the Bible and what got us kicked out of our land, stopping in West Africa, where we got sold by other blacks not apart of out tribe. Always clinging to other nations, and their ways. It will all be rectified soon. Calling Zendaya black as an excuse to continue to mix, is what is the true intent by ppl who call clearly mixed ppl black. Personally I don’t care if either one ever gets another role as that will not help us in the long run. Only repentance will help us.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Zendaya is not fully black. She can identify as a black woman if that’s the side she feels closes to/comfortable with. But in all technicality she is not the same as an actual black girl who has two black parents.

She looks closer to Latina than she does to black first off. Second off, her experience growing up with a white mother and black father is not like a black person’s experience with a black mother and black father.

a ww does not have the same perspective or experience living in this country as a black woman, and the mother passes and imparts her knowledge/heritage and ideas about womanhood to her daughter, and in zendaya’a case what her mom has passed on to her is from the lens of whiteness. So phenotype, skin tone, and having an actual white parent will always distinguish a biracial from an actual fully black person—especially these days.

All over tik tok are stories from biracial women with white moms complaining about how their white mother raised them. They all talk about the racism, and ignorance, the inability of their white mothers to understand them and teach them what they needed to know about being women of color—they all talk about how much of a disservice it was to have a white mother and the racism they got to see from their white family members. They just don’t have the exact same experiences as fully black ados people.

Where do y’all think their identity issues come from? And y’all really are in here trying to say that fully black ados and biracial people are one in the same?

like I said I like zendaya, and she is very supportive of bw, but in all technicality she is not a fully black woman. And if you go around asking bw with two black parents if they see zendaya as representative of them, they are not going to agree.

Last edited:

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
Zendaya is not fully black. She can identify as a black woman if that’s the side she feels closes to/comfortable with. But in all technicality she is not the same as an actual black girl who has two black parents.

She looks closer to Latina than she does to black first off. Second off, her experience growing up with a white mother and black father is not like a black person’s experience with a black mother and black father.

a ww does not have the same perspective or experience living in this country as a black woman, and the mother passes and imparts her knowledge/heritage and ideas about womanhood to her daughter, and in zendaya’a case what her mom has passed on to her is from the lens of whiteness. So phenotype, skin tone, and having an actual white parent will always distinguish a biracial from an actual fully black person—especially these days.

All over tik tok are stories from biracial women with white moms complaining about how their white mother raised them. They all talk about the racism, and ignorance, the inability of their white mothers to understand them and teach them what they needed to know about being women of color—they all talk about how much of a disservice it was to have a white mother and the racism they got to see from their white family members. They just don’t have the exact same experiences as fully black ados people.

Where do y’all think their identity issues come from? And y’all really are in here trying to say that fully black ados and biracial people are one in the same? Especially in 2022?

Not to mention a lot of bw have had it up to here with biracial women being called black like them… like I said I like zendaya, and she is very supportive of bw, but she is not a fully black ados woman. She is half.
Our brehs will need to tighten up going foward as well as the sisters, but brehs have to lead the way. It would be better if half these brehs just admit they don’t like fully black women with wooly hair. Wooly hair = good nutrient dense hair.

Revelation 1:14 (The Messiah)​

14 The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire,​

Daniel 7:9 (The Father)​

9 “As I looked,​

thrones were placed,​

and the Ancient of Days took his seat;​

his clothing was white as snow,​

and the hair of his head like pure wool;​

his throne was fiery flames;​

its wheels were burning fire.​

We should love our wooly (”Nappy”) hair, as it is the hair of The Most High and his son. Straight hair is the hair ppl shouldn’t want lol.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
They want an excuse to continue having kids with non wooly haired black women. They want “foreigns“ with straight hair and don’t care about their lineage, their ppl, or the child.

Basically.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
What an absolute shytshow of a thread. From the retarded projection of people from Twitter in the OP, to the retarded conjecture of the acronym people on here, to the fact that this thread is still going for several pages after Keke Palmer rightfully shut the discussion down.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got a light skin mom, sister and nieces, they the only light skin folks in the family and they will definitely tell you colorism exist.

BruhManFromTheFifthFlo

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
She encourages this shyt by feeding into woke Nonsense. She’s going to continue to get drug down by bitter females online and she deserves it for bowing to them.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
If They would accept a light skin man with red hair than why wouldn’t they accept zendaya

Would never happen, trust me. Africa is majority Black, unlike America so the same rules dont apply.

Brother Malcolm still looked mostly Black, unlike Zendaya.
Pale skinned Africans with a reddish or yellow tint to their hair exist, so Malcolm could easily blend it.
Zendaya would be confused with Arab.