Colored People webseries (Directed & written by Coli member ghostwriterx) EP04 is up!

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I watched it .. very good ... the colored people company is actually an interesting concept..

@ghostwriterx .. I have question ... If they were stuck in the elevator for 3 hours and Evan and the black chick walked up, then back down, how'ed they get up... They walked in the training room at the same time and the interactions/dialogue gave the impression they didnt ride the elevator with them. Becuase 3 hours in the elevator would've actually made them late to the presentation according to the hispanic girl

You probably could've gotten locations on the cheap if you mentioned its independent, amateur or student film work.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I watched it .. very good ... the colored people company is actually an interesting concept..

@ghostwriterx .. I have question ... If they were stuck in the elevator for 3 hours and Evan and the black chick walked up, then back down, how'ed they get up... They walked in the training room at the same time and the interactions/dialogue gave the impression they didnt ride the elevator with them. Becuase 3 hours in the elevator would've actually made them late to the presentation according to the hispanic girl.
:patrice::yeshrug: You got me... didn't think that through too much.

You probably could've gotten locations on the cheap if you mentioned its independent, amateur or student film work.
Not in LA you can't.:usure::to: Outside of personal connects and some govt. buildings, you're paying a good chunk of change.

Thanks for watching.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Episode 2 Pink Slips

Thanks again to everybody that watched and commented. I appreciate all the support and critiques. If you're so inclined please share the videos with friends, fam etc.

Shout out again to @StraxStrax for making the thread and @cook for the banner. Definitely going to have work a coli reference into Season 2.:myman:

Oh yeah, while I wrote/co-wrote and produced all the episodes, I only directed one ep, last one of the season.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I think my biggest problem is that the character all are too much idiots for this to work. Everything every character says gets them in deeper and deeper trouble and that's overkill imo. The echo in the room makes it kinda feel like a school project. Filming, acting and editing are mostly on point.

Also where is the old black dude @ghostwriterx he clearly walks in the room in the first EP :what:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Aight, just watched the 2nd episode and I think the biggest thing that needs to be worked on is the whole comedy aspect.

The show just really ain't funny. Ya'll need someone that can really write jokes or amusing dialogue. The old black guy was probably the best character with the most potential for laughs and he wasn't even in the episode. The Black chick is some nice eye candy, but after that the show just ain't doing it for me.

I don't have a problem with the acting, editing, filming, and shyt like that. Everything is on point to me. The show just needs to create some real authentic laughs and not these lil semi almost trying too hard type laughs that everyone in the show seems to reach for.

With that said, I'll still watch the next episode and see where it goes.

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:patrice::yeshrug: You got me... didn't think that through too much.

You could've added another Black people always late joke in there when they showed up late and Evan was waiting..

I guess you're Derek .. who's the other sister, wife, mother ???

anyway . I like,, keep it up.. Since you shot all your episodes, what you working on next?
I had a few ideas for some shows/movies maybe I can loan them to you to flesh out

edit ... i see in the beginning of ep 2 they mention being a hour late ...

As far as the humor Are you going for the "dry" everyday real life office space/dilbert type. I see people making commnets about the humor but so far it fits in with my everyday office life... not really funny but funny but not neccesarily irony.

edit 2: I don't know how the rest of this turns out but what exactly does the company do.... they're hired to give a diversity seminar but then they talk about doing resumes and haveing lawyers and Evan is recording them being layed off... Maybe you should limit colored people to being a consultant firm for diversity training... Dont branch them off to big yet... keep them in that simple role for some episodes...

Last edited:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think my biggest problem is that the character all are too much idiots for this to work. Everything every character says gets them in deeper and deeper trouble and that's overkill imo. The echo in the room makes it kinda feel like a school project. Filming, acting and editing are mostly on point.

Also where is the old black dude @ghostwriterx he clearly walks in the room in the first EP :what:

Had to recast Waddell after shooting the 2nd episode (shot episode 2 before episode 1 He'll be back in the last ep.)

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You could've added another Black people always late joke in there when they showed up late and Evan was waiting..

I guess you're Derek .. who's the other sister, wife, mother ???

anyway . I like,, keep it up.. Since you shot all your episodes, what you working on next?
I had a few ideas for some shows/movies maybe I can loan them to you to flesh out

edit ... i see in the beginning of ep 2 they mention being a hour late ...

As far as the humor Are you going for the "dry" everyday real life office space/dilbert type. I see people making commnets about the humor but so far it fits in with my everyday office life... not really funny but funny but not neccesarily irony.

edit 2: I don't know how the rest of this turns out but what exactly does the company do.... they're hired to give a diversity seminar but then they talk about doing resumes and haveing lawyers and Evan is recording them being layed off... Maybe you should limit colored people to being a consultant firm for diversity training... Dont branch them off to big yet... keep them in that simple role for some episodes...

co-creator is my wife.

Want to keep working on this if the response is good. Have 10 written in all, want to do some rewriting and try to produce those as well and maybe a pilot.

The company is a HR consulting firm that specializes in diversity training.