Colored People webseries (Directed & written by Coli member ghostwriterx) EP04 is up!

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think the humor could be a bit sharper/cleverer, like the Indian guy with curry or the "Why do white people... why do black people..." exchange are too basic/obvious. The cast is solid though and the timing of the jokes is pretty good so all in all it's a decent effort, but every show needs something to set it apart and right now there isn't.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Thoughts:

- Wardell is already my favorite character on TV and he ain't on TV yet.
- @ghostwriterx ...a couple more edgy lines from Evan, and Dean might be gettin' beat up on the street...
- I think you did aight as a writer, but maybe you should get a co- to add ideas. Case in point:
when Evan and Jada had the exchange about "that's how they got the slaves" and Evan said
"think of it as a bonding experience"...there was an opportunity for a GREAT joke there and you missed it.

It was still aight, doe.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
I like stuff like this. Reminds me of The Office mixed with 10 Items or Less. There's room to grow, but kudos to what you have so far. You're doing well. I'll support it. Keep the webisodes coming.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thoughts:

- Wardell is already my favorite character on TV and he ain't on TV yet.
- @ghostwriterx ...a couple more edgy lines from Evan, and Dean might be gettin' beat up on the street...
- I think you did aight as a writer, but maybe you should get a co- to add ideas. Case in point:
when Evan and Jada had the exchange about "that's how they got the slaves" and Evan said
"think of it as a bonding experience"...there was an opportunity for a GREAT joke there and you missed it.

It was still aight, doe.

:ohhh::patrice:

Damn you're right. Didn't even peep that.:what::stopitslime:

Black smoke and cac jokes

Your daps are mine
Daps
This shyt seems cool breh, keep doing you.

Some critique though:
- the race conversations are very shallow and there's no build up to where you want the back-and-forth between the characters to go.
- develop the characters, in these kind of shows/webisodes etc you need strong characters that the audience FIRST relate to, and then focus on the interactions

Good job though, hope it goes well!

Last edited:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I am really impressed and glad that you guys are creating this supportive ecosystem for creativity:wow:
may watch later

The Coli Coalition

perri2zdsoa.gif

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
I share the criticism that you kind of went way overboard with the race stuff, especially the whole "I'm black... I don't do ______ " ol girl kept spitting. But, this does show promise and I'll keep checking it.

oh yea...