Colored People webseries (Directed & written by Coli member ghostwriterx) EP04 is up!

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
thats whats i said .. you shot 5 and you had 5 more to shoot to complete your 10 episode season 1.. or did i understand that incorrectly.

So whats next? You got anything else done i can watch? you need to go to cannes and get funding.

yeah my bad read your post too fast. Originally we had about 10-15 written and the plan was to shoot the first 5 and then raise some dough to shoot a longer season 2 (10 eps). So we still have about 10 left for what would be season 2.

Nothing else in the can right now, my wife is editing an independent movie that the producers are trying to get into Sundance. I don't think Cannes takes webseries, but I'm going to try and get some money together to do more either more Colored People or some other stuff I've been writing.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Watched this again because I was bored at home and episodes 2-5 were REALLY good man.

@ghostwriterx whst are you up to these days? Any chances of getting the gang back together for a second season?

Doubt another season is in the cards at this point. Meghan Thomas who played Jada has a couple of shows on All Def Digital. She actually showed Colored People to some people there and they liked it, had us in for a meeting, but nothing came of it. Their audience skews a little younger.

Natasha Gray, directed the first couple of eps and she's writing on Rebel.

Dean/Evan is still grinding, last thing I saw him in was of those Dateline recreations.

Not sure what everybody else is up to.

My wife is an editor, she worked on the Quad and Insecure and is currently on Queen Sugar, she's also cut a couple of independent features.

As for me, just grinding procrastinating writing.:snoop: Got a couple of spec pilots I'm trying to knock out and shop around.

How did your series go?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Doubt another season is in the cards at this point. Meghan Thomas who played Jada has a couple of shows on All Def Digital. She actually showed Colored People to some people there and they liked it, had us in for a meeting, but nothing came of it. Their audience skews a little younger.

Natasha Gray, directed the first couple of eps and she's writing on Rebel.

Dean/Evan is still grinding, last thing I saw him in was of those Dateline recreations.

Not sure what everybody else is up to.

My wife is an editor, she worked on the Quad and Insecure and is currently on Queen Sugar, she's also cut a couple of independent features.

As for me, just grinding procrastinating writing.:snoop: Got a couple of spec pilots I'm trying to knock out and shop around.

How did your series go?

Series so far is going great! We took a month long break to push our crowdfunding campaign and so far we've raised about $1,400 of our $2,000 goal. Which was enough to get us back into production. We finished filming episode 4 last month and go back into filming episode 5 this weekend.

I've also negotiated a deal with Seeka TV, who will premiere each episode starting May 20th with a 2 week exclusivity window.

Blue Collar Hustle announces partnership with Seeka.Tv for their web series - BLUNTIQ