Colored People webseries (Directed & written by Coli member ghostwriterx) EP04 is up!

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Hardest part was finding cheap locations to shoot. Most of the webseries out look like they're shot in somebody's house. Finding locations like office buildings in LA is not easy, most people want a grip.:birdman:

Should've told them you were shooting a promo to uplift local real estate values through the medium of racially provocative comedic webisodes
:birdman::birdman::birdman:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I wrote this one. That's what I was worried about especially in this one. I kind of od'ed on the race stuff in this one because it was the first one and I really wanted to set a tone. I'd like to think we do a better job in the upcoming eps and they don't come off too cliche, we'll see.:yeshrug: Writing short eps like this is really difficult as you don't have a lot of time to be subtle, build up to things etc. I'll keep your thoughts in mind as I write more of these.:patrice:

This was gone be my only complaint. The humor didn't seem to be nuanced enough but at the same time I understand you want to pack as much in a short span as possible on this sort of project. Loved the look and the pacing of it. Only other criticism was the "why do black people" "why do Indian people" vibe started settling in but ties back to the first point. Definitely has potential and I'll be checking for more.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
@ghostwriterx

Pretty good for a start. Humor needs to be pushed a little further than the stereotypical that's been done. But good direction, the actors appear to be legit and the production values look solid.

Oh,and it's nice to see Smokey Robinson in his TV debut :bryan:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
cool stuff breh, great execution

old black dude is best character, has great delivery & naturally funny
black woman just a lil 'too angry' though :ld:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Good job for the 1st episode, most of the advice and things to improve have already been pointed out. Didn't realize thecoli had people doing web series which is cool to see :obama:. The diversity workshops have a lot of potential for humor. Agreed with the comments that Paul Mooney looking dude was the funniest.