Colin resigns from Kinda Funny Games effective immediately

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
White stereotypes are usually not real life damaging.

Making a joke about white people eating mayo has no negative affect on their lives.

They eat mayo. They still go home with their privilege.

Women supposedly being nagging and argumentative negatively affects their lives everyday.

White guy like Colin moriarty owns/manages the media company, he pays less or doesn't even hire the girl cause she might be "problematic"

Two totally different scenarios.

Are you white?

No I'm black.

Making jokes about them being rednecks and hicks has a negative connotation.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No I'm black.

Making jokes about them being rednecks and hicks has a negative connotation.
Connotation=/= affect lives

Sure it has a negative connotation. But it has very little if any affect on their lives.

But honestly if rednecks wanted to raise awareness for their issues and somebody purposely made a joke to mock their issues using a negative stereotype. I'd feel the same way.

The joke was insensitive and ignorant, and doesn't deserve defense :manny:

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
Connotation=/= affect lives

Sure it has a negative connotation. But it has very little if any affect on their lives.

But honestly if rednecks wanted to raise awareness for their issues and somebody purposely made a joke to mock their issues using a negative stereotype. I'd feel the same way.

The joke was insensitive and ignorant, and doesn't deserve defense :manny:

I just feel people are waaaay to sensitive these days. The joke was nothing

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just feel people are waaaay to sensitive these days. The joke was nothing
You say this but were you the target of his "joke"? Personally I didn't see a joke I saw a misogynistic remark. Jokes have actual humor of which his remark completely lacked.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I am not like most Americans in that I don't live my life insulated from people different than me. Most people live in a bubble with like minded people and rarely venture out into the open world. That lifestyle fosters ignorance. Someone like JonTron comes across as a person that lives in a white community and likely has a very limited interaction with minorities if any at all. Such ignorance is born from living in said bubble.

You're making excuses for his racism.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
C6_c-iFVwAA1dpk.jpg

Yeah, personal freedom and responsibility for all except for him. What a fukking joke.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Just curious, do you feel the same when black comedians make jokes about white people?
Christ

White stereotypes are usually not real life damaging.

Making a joke about white people eating mayo has no negative affect on their lives.

They eat mayo. They still go home with their privilege.

Women supposedly being nagging and argumentative negatively affects their lives everyday.

White guy like Colin moriarty owns/manages the media company, he pays less or doesn't even hire the girl cause she might be "problematic"

Two totally different scenarios.

Are you white?

You can bet your bottom dollar, see post above. Ol' reverse racism ass.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
At no point did I say anything about reverse racism and I'm far from white. I just think people should be consistent with their views.
Nah, you just in here trying your best to defend this cacery without incriminating yourself :ufdup:

Same strategy cacs use all over the web, including him.

Only care about fairness and consistency when it allows you to defend the white guy.

Who cares about the marginalized group he's shytting on? They don't deserve any fairness or consistency?:martin:

We see right through yalls game.

Last edited: