Colin resigns from Kinda Funny Games effective immediately

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This isn't true. I've watched Colin and Greg for a long time and he's anything but a hateful or ignorant person. And he wasn't pushed out, he clearly wanted to leave.
The shyt he's been saying is hateful and ignorant. Apparently you agree with him, which is why you are defending his ignorance.

And he "wanted" to leave in the same way Mike Flyn wanted to resign :comeon:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Obama to trump combo got people losing their minds.

I would tell them I know about their blog and i'd rather not play pretend with them. I've actually had a similar experience. It was about the trevon thing, and a white guy at work tried to tell me that young black boys are inherently violent. I told him how dumb and racist it was for him to say that. Things got kinda loud and we ended up talking it out with management. They supported me. He was temporarily suspended and my supervisor never put me on a project with him again.

If my job wouldn't back me up in not working with him, it would be time for a new job. But the majority of jobs would cut ties with a person like that even if it's merely to avoid negative publicity.
at the same time the employer can't be seen as discriminating against someone because of their political views. there's also various laws about being fired for activity outside of work. much of this varies from state to state

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Facts don't matter to mentally ill people and them playing victim only works because the dominant society at large has been pretending to be civilized while being indifferent to the atrocities that's happening to others. You'd think with all the books, videos and footage/evidence of shyt that's been happening to us, these facts and intelligent discourse would help but no, seems like nothing mattered. It was never an issue about people being oblivious to facts. They just saying shyt to say it.
if facts and intelligent discourse don't work, what is your solution?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
at the same time the employer can't be seen as discriminating against someone because of their political views. there's also various laws about being fired for activity outside of work. much of this varies from state to state
Y'all gotta stop calling this shyt "political views" it's not like we are talking about healthcare spending or tax cuts.

We are talking about people who are calling for the eradication of entire races. That's not politics.

Again people get fired for saying racist stuff everyday.

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
The shyt he's been saying is hateful and ignorant. Apparently you agree with him, which is why you are defending his ignorance.

And he "wanted" to leave in the same way Mike Flyn wanted to resign :comeon:

Can you please give me an example of him being hateful and ignorant?

And they talked about it on the morning show and explained why he's leaving. Colin and Greg live together for goodness sake

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if facts and intelligent discourse don't work, what is your solution?
Solution to what? ?Interpersonal racism or systematic white supremacy? Bigotry? Prejudice? If discourse and facts worked so much black folks should've been completely free of oppression decades ago with all the scholars that came and went.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y'all gotta stop calling this shyt "political views" it's not like we are talking about healthcare spending or tax cuts.

We are talking about people who are calling for the eradication of entire races. That's not politics.

This.

Since when was calling for the removal of people by various means, along with stripping folks of their human rights and terrorizing them in their daily life a political view??
I'm tired of this sugar coating of genocide under "politics". shyt is insane.

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
This.

Since when was calling for the removal of people by various means, along with stripping folks of their human rights and terrorizing them in their daily life a political view??
I'm tired of this sugar coating of genocide under "politics". shyt is insane.

Who said this?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Can you please give me an example of him being hateful and ignorant?
The joke was either ignorant or hateful depending on if you believe him or not.

His subsequent defense in calling people who didn't like his joke. Humorless sacks of shyt was definitely hateful.

And they talked about it on the morning show and explained why he's leaving. Colin and Greg live together for goodness sake
And they also talked about how they were getting increasingly fed up with his desire to spew that nonsense.

Sure they would have wanted him to stfu and stay. He told them he doesn't want to stfu. So they decided it was best for business if he left. They are playing nice about it to try to keep Colin's fans from dropping their shows

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who said this?
When you(Not literally you) equate views such as genocide and tyranny and want to maintain a system of white supremacy which only benefits them as "politics" it becomes dangerous.
It's quite evident since you literally have people like Boogie for example saying "I don't fault him for trying". It's basically trying to equate what that dude was saying as simple politics. This happens all the time.

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
The joke was either ignorant or hateful depending on if you believe him or not.

His subsequent defense in calling people who didn't like his joke. Humorless sacks of shyt was definitely hateful.

And they also talked about how they were getting increasingly fed up with his desire to spew that nonsense.

Sure they would have wanted him to stfu and stay. He told them he doesn't want to stfu. So they decided it was best for business if he left. They are playing nice about it to try to keep Colin's fans from dropping their shows

It was clearly a joke and if he said that on one of there shows it never would have been brought up. I think the whole situation is overblown. I can almost guarantee you each of them has said something worse on there shows.

And they didnt say they were fed up with him they said they didn't agree with and that it was in bad taste. He left because he wanted to be able to say whatever he wanted without them catching the blow back.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It was clearly a joke and if he said that on one of there shows it never would have been brought up. I think the whole situation is overblown. I can almost guarantee you each of them has said something worse on there shows.
Jokes can be ignorant and hateful. And if anybody overblew the situation it was him by lashing out with his little twitter meltdown then quitting his job.

You only think it's "overblown" cause you don't have to deal with that stereotype personally. To the women that have been discriminated against for that very reason, the shyt ain't funny. Especially coming from a business owner and influential personality who presumably one day will have power over the socioeconomic status of women.

And they didnt say they were fed up with him they said they didn't agree with and that it was in bad taste. He left because he wanted to be able to say whatever he wanted without them catching the blow back.
You think they would have been totally fine with him staying on and continually saying dumb shyt? :usure:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

I'm just presenting broader arguments, and how they might be spun. obviously a lot of this can change based on exactly what is said

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
Jokes can be ignorant and hateful. And if anybody overblew the situation it was him by lashing out with his little twitter meltdown then quitting his job.

You only think it's "overblown" cause you don't have to deal with that stereotype personally. To the women that have been discriminated against for that very reason, the shyt ain't funny. Especially coming from a business owner and influential personality who presumably one day will have power over the socioeconomic status of women.

You think they would have been totally fine with him staying on and continually saying dumb shyt? :usure:

Yes. They all say dumb shyt all the time. Much dumber than what he said. I've heard jokes about peace and quiet when women leave the room all the time in both real life and in media (especially sitcoms). Never seen this kind of backlash

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes. They all say dumb shyt all the time. Much dumber than what he said. I've heard jokes about peace and quiet when women leave the room all the time in both real life and in media (especially sitcoms). Never seen this kind of backlash
What backlash?

People saying they didn't like it was all that happened. He played the victim card and went crazy with it. He could have just apologized and moved on.

And people catch flak for sexist jokes all the time.

And I've never heard Greg or any of the other guys crack a similar joke. They were clearly bothered by Colin's joke and the rest of his twitter shenanigans