Colin resigns from Kinda Funny Games effective immediately

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
:francis: You think so? I understand why the brehs are angry here. It's not just these racist youtubers real problem is that there are those in positions of power with the same sick opinions that aren't playing fair or being tolerant like good ole @winb83

Hate should be ridiculed and stifled.

Winb83 isn't being tolerant. He's being cowardly. Jontron saying that black people are natural criminals shouldn't be respected.

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
:francis: You think so? I understand why the brehs are angry here. It's not just these racist youtubers real problem is that there are those in positions of power with the same sick opinions that aren't playing fair or being tolerant like good ole @winb83

Hate should be fought with intelligence and facts. I get why people are don't like what he said, I don't like what he said, but he has the right to say it. You deal with people like him with irrefutable facts, not trying to silence him.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Hate should be fought with intelligence and facts. I get why people are don't like what he said, I don't like what he said, but he has the right to say it. You deal with people like him with irrefutable facts, not trying to silence him.
No, there are laws against hate speech. Freedom of speech doesn't mean everybody gets to say whatever they want without consequence.

You can't "refute" white supremacy.

There's nothing to respect or defend about what he said.

That's that dumb shyt they tell you so they can play the victim, and continue spewing hate.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

He was quoted as saying:
When asked whether he thought that “poor blacks probably commit more crime relative to wealthier black people,” he replied: “They do. Wealthy blacks also commit more crime than poor whites. That’s a fact. Look it up."

He already has fully bought into the white supremacist belief system. He said "it's a fact" when he claimed rich black people committed more crimes than poor white people. Is someone like that even worth arguing with?

What you refuse to acknowledge is that most hate stems from intentional ignorance. These people don't care about what the truth is. They only care about whatever supports their own ideology.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I am not like most Americans in that I don't live my life insulated from people different than me. Most people live in a bubble with like minded people and rarely venture out into the open world. That lifestyle fosters ignorance. Someone like JonTron comes across as a person that lives in a white community and likely has a very limited interaction with minorities if any at all. Such ignorance is born from living in said bubble. I'm not saying he shouldn't have his dumb beliefs challenged especially since he put them on a public platform I'm saying his right to have whatever beliefs he has regardless of whether or not you agree with them should be respected. If you can't see that we all have the right to believe as we want then that's a problem you need to confront in yourself. These things go both ways not just when people say stuff you agree with.

Views like what are being expressed in this thread are just as bad as when Republicans say voting is a right but suddenly when people don't vote the way they want them to they wanna talk voter ID not because of voter fraud but as a method of making it harder for people who vote against them to vote at all. The truth is Republicans don't want everyone voting just like the truth is when someone hears what JonTron says and says he shouldn't be able to express those views because they're wrong doesn't value free speech.

I don't agree with JonTron but if his beliefs are confronted and he still stands behind them then I can at least respect his right to feel however he wants to feel. If that makes me a coward so be it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:rudy: You know damn well that if he said something negative about gay people or Jewish people no one would be saying any of that nonsense. He would be universally condemned.

He said ignorant comments like how rich black people commit more crimes than poor white people. Anyone with a basic understanding of sociology would know that poor people commit more crimes regardless of race or ethnic background. There's nothing to respect there.

JonTron: "Wealthy Blacks Commit More Crime Than Poor Whites" - CraveOnline

His opinions and ignorance ARE a problem if you have a large audience of fans. If this was some random person working at Walmart then no one would care. This person has hundreds of Youtube videos, his own website, and a large fanbase. In his eyes, expressing his white supremacist views are more important than making money. If you express those views, you better be ready to deal with the consequences.:yeshrug: Especially when people go to entertainment to escape from problems in the world such as racism.
Who is to say that someone like a JonTron wouldn't be working at a Walmart if YouTube wasn't there. Plenty of these YouTubers are common folks who hit it big on that platform and if they didn't they'd be a that retail worker or fast food worker.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
If "you" means yourself as an individual person then obviously yes. However, when "you" is referring to your race or something else about your identity that has nothing to do with your personality that is wrong. Period.
what are you gonna do about it though?

I live in rural Louisiana, and I really don't have the patience to confront everyone that holds an opinion I feel is 'wrong'. I just assume they're ignorant and keep it moving

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Colin tweet about a day without women is misogynist. There's no getting around it. It was something someone like him should have the good sense not to do.

Let's put it into easier to understand terms. If during the Million Man March Twitter existed and a white known person tweeted "well I guess the crime rate will be zero today" would you say you don't see anything wrong with that joke? That's basically what Colin did but targeted at women. He took a stereotype about them on a day they're marching for womens issues and made a fukked up joke about them.

I mean really when the guy tweeted that how else did he think it would play out? Did he think his misogynist joke would be celebrated I wonder because that's effin stupid.
Dude is married so I knew he was joking around. A joke about black people like in your example wouldn't work. Even if he did it in person completely tongue in cheek with his black acquaintances it would be offensive.
Granted the woman's day joke isn't the type of joke to be put out online in today's climate, but it's no different from how I, and so friends and co workers, mess around with our female acquaintances :manny:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
:rudy: You know damn well that if he said something negative about gay people or Jewish people no one would be saying any of that nonsense. He would be universally condemned.

He said ignorant comments like how rich black people commit more crimes than poor white people. Anyone with a basic understanding of sociology would know that poor people commit more crimes regardless of race or ethnic background. There's nothing to respect there.

JonTron: "Wealthy Blacks Commit More Crime Than Poor Whites" - CraveOnline

His opinions and ignorance ARE a problem if you have a large audience of fans. If this was some random person working at Walmart then no one would care. This person has hundreds of Youtube videos, his own website, and a large fanbase. In his eyes, expressing his white supremacist views are more important than making money. If you express those views, you better be ready to deal with the consequences.:yeshrug: Especially when people go to entertainment to escape from problems in the world such as racism.

Yea Gays and Jews don't play that shyt.

Black people need to stop with this being fair and objective shyt.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The joke is fine, it's the intent behind the joke that's the problem. Colin is one of those "SJW's, "Snowflakes", "The Left are crybabies" etc. White guys. If you've payed attention to him for the last few months you know that his tweet was meant to bait people so he'd have more shyt to complain about.

On camera with context, Colin has been in on those jokes and he's never been called out because it genuinely felt like a joke. This was not the case this time.
Yeah I haven't been keeping up with him for some time so I didn't know that

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Dude is married so I knew he was joking around. A joke about black people like in your example wouldn't work. Even if he did it in person completely tongue in cheek with his black acquaintances it would be offensive.
Granted the woman's day joke isn't the type of joke to be put out online in today's climate, but it's no different from how I, and so friends and co workers, mess around with our female acquaintances :manny:
He's not married. And this "joke" promotes a damaging stereotype. It's not a funny or harmless stereotype. It's something that women have to fight against on a daily bases.

I don't think it was the most insensitive of jokes, but there's nothing to defend there.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I am not like most Americans in that I don't live my life insulated from people different than me. Most people live in a bubble with like minded people and rarely venture out into the open world. That lifestyle fosters ignorance. Someone like JonTron comes across as a person that lives in a white community and likely has a very limited interaction with minorities if any at all. Such ignorance is born from living in said bubble. I'm not saying he shouldn't have his dumb beliefs challenged especially since he put them on a public platform I'm saying his right to have whatever beliefs he has regardless of whether or not you agree with them should be respected. If you can't see that we all have the right to believe as we want then that's a problem you need to confront in yourself. These things go both ways not just when people say stuff you agree with.

Views like what are being expressed in this thread are just as bad as when Republicans say voting is a right but suddenly when people don't vote the way they want them to they wanna talk voter ID not because of voter fraud but as a method of making it harder for people who vote against them to vote at all. The truth is Republicans don't want everyone voting just like the truth is when someone hears what JonTron says and says he shouldn't be able to express those views because they're wrong doesn't value free speech.

I don't agree with JonTron but if his beliefs are confronted and he still stands behind them then I can at least respect his right to feel however he wants to feel. If that makes me a coward so be it.

Again "free speech" does not mean a person can say whatever the hell they want.

It's not about agreeing or disagreeing with him. We aren't talking about Xbox vs PlayStation here. He is literally calling for the erasure of entire races/groups of people. That's not an opinion, that's inspiring and inciting violence.

If a guy walks in the bank and yells "FIRE FIRE" nobody is gonna stop and say "well I respect is right to express his opinion":stopitslime:

fukk outa here trying to normalize hate and genocide as merely an "opinion" :camby:

Daps

You're attempting to normalize hate speech and racism in an effort to appear intelligent.