Colin resigns from Kinda Funny Games effective immediately

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fact that you don't see what there is to respect it the problem. You're both getting lost in the content and missing the greater idea. You may have opinions other people disagree with and you have a right to those opinions whatever they are and people should respect your right to them.

I learned a long time ago how to be in the presence of people I fundamentally disagree with and be ok with it. I'm noticing that with a lot of people if they disagree with you they can't handle being in your presence or hearing stuff they disagree with. I can stand in front of someone like JonTron and think he's a complete idiot and have a normal functioning conversation with him if he was a coworker for example or a customer and treat him with the basic respect a human being deserves.

His opinions and ignorance aren't my problem and ultimately don't really effect me and lastly he has a right to feel about any given subject however he wants to feel and if he isn't hurting others that's ok.
:gucci:

It is your problem.

It's opinions and ignorance like that that gets black people looked on as suspicious and ultimately victim of police officers who are just "doing their job."

This isn't just a matter of someone "feeling" a certain way. A guy like Jontron or Boogie is the same person who's ignorance can cost you your life or money. Idk about u but I'm NOT trying to be in the presence of someone who hates me and can actually act on it.

You're in a store looking at stuff for example, and a guy like that just calls the cops saying someone is in the store looks suspicious and then suddenly cops come in and shoot you down. This actually happens.

A guy with that opinion/feeling can act on it via reporting "suspicious" activity and ultimately fukk you over. Black people need to get the fukk outta here with this fairness bullshyt. Y'all dudes need to stop trying to normalize hate speech and white supremacy under this "free speech" loophole. Advocating people get horrible treatment because "I think blacks are more prone to crime" and not in those words are my problem. These same folks get into situations/positions where they can directly harm someone e.g. Jury member, calling a cop on someone, lying and spreading misinfo etc. Trying to normalize this as simple disagreements is fukking stupid. fucc outta here

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'll no longer support any of his work. Many others are doing the same.
that's easy since you really don't lose much by no longer watching some youtuber. but @winb83 was speaking on how he deals with these situations in real life. if it's your job to provide these ignorant people with a service, do you choose to risk your job and confront these people?

Daps
:gucci:

It is your problem.

It's opinions and ignorance like that that gets black people looked on as suspicious and ultimately victim of police officers who are just "doing their job."

This isn't just a matter of someone "feeling" a certain way. A guy like Jontron or Boogie is the same person who's ignorance can cost you your life or money.

You're in a store looking at stuff for example, and a guy like that just calls the cops saying someone is in the store looks suspicious and then suddenly cops come in and shoot you down. This actually happens.

A guy with that opinion/feeling can act on it via reporting "suspicious" activity and ultimately fukk you over. Black people need to get the fukk outta here with this fairness bullshyt.
He might not be black. In that case it really isn't his problem.

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
He was quoted as saying:

He already has fully bought into the white supremacist belief system. He said "it's a fact" when he claimed rich black people committed more crimes than poor white people. Is someone like that even worth arguing with?

What you refuse to acknowledge is that most hate stems from intentional ignorance. These people don't care about what the truth is. They only care about whatever supports their own ideology.

I completely acknowledged that. I say speak truth to someone like him not to try to change his mine, but for some of the people who follow him that may be of more reasonable mind. If all you do is ridicule and not challenge his blatant lies, are you really accomplishing anything?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
that's easy since you really don't lose much by no longer watching some youtuber. but @winb83 was speaking on how he deals with these situations in real life. if it's your job to provide these ignorant people with a service, do you choose to risk your job and confront these people?
Majority of the time you don't know a persons personal beliefs when working with them.

If I did find out a person wants me and people like me to no longer exist, then no I wouldn't do business or pretend to be friendly with them. If they expressed those views in front of me I'd directly address it.

People lose friends, business partners, jobs, etc all the time due to vile personal views. Colin was pushed out of his job cause the people around him didn't condone his hate and ignorance. That's how it should be. They didn't and shouldn't have just thrown their hands up and say "I respect his opinion"

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I completely acknowledged that. I say speak truth to someone like him not to try to change his mine, but for some of the people who follow him that may be of more reasonable mind. If all you do is ridicule and not challenge his blatant lies, are you really accomplishing anything?
The thing about blatant lies is that they can't really be challenged. He threw truth in the bushes a long time ago.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hate should be fought with intelligence and facts. I get why people are don't like what he said, I don't like what he said, but he has the right to say it. You deal with people like him with irrefutable facts, not trying to silence him.
No, hate should be fought with a swift one to the jaw. :ehh:

punch.gif

Still, Spencer’s intellectualism does little to hide the centrality of bigotry to his own worldview and the views of those he publishes. His previous site, Alternative Right, once ran an essay called, “Is Black Genocide Right?” “Instead of asking how we can make reparations for slavery, colonialism, and Apartheid or how we can equalize academic scores and incomes,” Colin Liddell wrote, “we should instead be asking questions like, ‘Does human civilization actually need the Black race?’ ‘Is Black genocide right?’ and, if it is, ‘What would be the best and easiest way to dispose of them?’ ” It remains to be seen whether altright.com will employ similarly candid writers.
Alt-Right Leaders Launch a New, SEO-Optimized Website for Their Vile Views

Is it really okay to let someone advocating black genocide to speak freely and normalize it??
because that same thing is what empowered the Nazis. Now let someone like that get some power, next thing you know there's way more stricter laws for nothing, "war on____" and oh wait this already happened/happens. The opposite can't happen though because there is no equal supremacy to white supremacy right now.

Intelligence and facts don't matter when you're pulled over and a cop has his hand on the gun.
Intelligence and facts don't matter when you're walking home and you fit the description.
Intelligence and facts can't fix white supremacy/racism.

You thinking this is just a debate that has to be done at large will fix issues. Debating/facts that's for a formal event where people are just talking. Like court, or a debate forum.

That shyt don't do nothing when the people in power are the ones who's hate actually converts to fukking you over in all areas of your life. You can't debate with a devil. The easiest way to harm someone is to destroy their character and make it seem normal, remove empathy. It's why some of the biggest crimes in the world had propaganda behind them. That shyt is what kills you first.
If someone like the guys in this thread were to say "Hey I want to debate this and talk it out to understand.." Sure, go ahead and let them talk and give them the knowledge. The majority of the time though, they don't care.

That's when intelligence and facts matter. It's an event.

Intelligence and facts didn't matter here.

This brother was smart and did the things the way he was supposed to and that didn't matter.

Now let's just let these perps continue to spew that nonsense, hate speech freely and encourage others similar to them to wreck havoc on other people's lives all under respectability and shyt.

Nahhhh son. :dame:

Last edited:

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
No, there are laws against hate speech. Freedom of speech doesn't mean everybody gets to say whatever they want without consequence.

You can't "refute" white supremacy.

There's nothing to respect or defend about what he said.

That's that dumb shyt they tell you so they can play the victim, and continue spewing hate.

Never said they're shouldn't be consequence. I'm saying it's better to refute and challenge his lies than to have him say it and just come back and ridicule him.

All I'm saying is if you want to call him a racist, a bigot and an idiot (which he is) that's fine, but what good does it do if your not challenging his stupid views?

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
No, hate should be fought with a swift one to the jaw. :ehh:

Intelligence and facts don't matter when you're pulled over and a cop has his hand on the gun.
Intelligence and facts don't matter when you're walking home and you fit the description.
Intelligence and facts can't fix white supremacy/racism.

You thinking this is just a debate that has to be done at large will fix issues. Debating/facts that's for a formal event where people are just talking. Like court, or a debate forum.

That shyt don't do nothing when the people in power are the ones who's hate actually converts to fukking you over in all areas of your life. You can't debate with a devil. The easiest way to harm someone is to destroy their character and make it seem normal, remove empathy. It's why some of the biggest crimes in the world had propaganda behind them. That shyt is what kills you first.
If someone like the guys in this thread were to say "Hey I want to debate this and talk it out to understand.." Sure, go ahead and let them talk and give them the knowledge. The majority of the time though, they don't care.

That's when intelligence and facts matter. It's an event.

Intelligence and facts didn't matter here.

This brother was smart and did the things the way he was supposed to and that didn't matter.

Now let's just let these perps continue to spew that nonsense, hate speech freely and encourage others similar to them to wreck havoc on other people's lives all under respectability and shyt.

Nahhhh son. :dame:

Im not talking about a debate. You can't debate facts. And doing what you suggest is what people like him want. They want you to attack them so they can play the victim.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Majority of the time you don't know a persons personal beliefs when working with them.

idk why these dudes feel the need to inject their political and ideological views into discussions about video games. there is something about our current political climate that is very polarizing, and makes people feel the need to wear their affiliation on their sleeve

If I did find out a person wants me and people like me to no longer exist, then no I wouldn't do business or pretend to be friendly with them. If they expressed those views in front of me I'd directly address it.

People lose friends, business partners, jobs, etc all the time due to vile personal views. Colin was pushed out of his job cause the people around him didn't condone his hate and ignorance. That's how it should be. They didn't and shouldn't have just thrown their hands up and say "I respect his opinion"

what if it wasn't so upfront? like if you found out your coworker writes a racist blog?

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
The thing about blatant lies is that they can't really be challenged. He threw truth in the bushes a long time ago.

Again it may not affect him but he has a lot of followers that may get the message of truth. It's very important that lies are refuted and truth be brought to light at all times especially in the times we live in now where you have the fukking White House talking about 'alternative facts'. You can't just let shyt like that slide with just an insult

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille

This isn't true. I've watched Colin and Greg for a long time and he's anything but a hateful or ignorant person. And he wasn't pushed out, he clearly wanted to leave.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
idk why these dudes feel the need to inject their political and ideological views into discussions about video games. there is something about our current political climate that is very polarizing, and makes people feel the need to wear their affiliation on their sleeve
Obama to trump combo got people losing their minds.

what if it wasn't so upfront? like if you found out your coworker writes a racist blog?
I would tell them I know about their blog and i'd rather not play pretend with them. I've actually had a similar experience. It was about the trevon thing, and a white guy at work tried to tell me that young black boys are inherently violent. I told him how dumb and racist it was for him to say that. Things got kinda loud and we ended up talking it out with management. They supported me. He was temporarily suspended and my supervisor never put me on a project with him again.

If my job wouldn't back me up in not working with him, it would be time for a new job. But the majority of jobs would cut ties with a person like that even if it's merely to avoid negative publicity.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im not talking about a debate. You can't debate facts. And doing what you suggest is what people like him want. They want you to attack them so they can play the victim.
Facts don't matter to mentally ill people and them playing victim only works because the dominant society at large has been pretending to be civilized while being indifferent to the atrocities that's happening to others. You'd think with all the books, videos and footage/evidence of shyt that's been happening to us, these facts and intelligent discourse would help but no, seems like nothing mattered. It was never an issue about people being oblivious to facts. They just saying shyt to say it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Again it may not affect him but he has a lot of followers that may get the message of truth. It's very important that lies are refuted and truth be brought to light at all times especially in the times we live in now where you have the fukking White House talking about 'alternative facts'. You can't just let shyt like that slide with just an insult
Information isn't hard to come by. To hold these views there's a level of willful ignorance required. There's nothing an argument from me can do.

Trump knows he's lying. Getting up and explaining things to him won't make him stop lying. In fact it lends legitimacy to his dumb as claims cause now we are researching and investigating shyt that doesn't exist in the first place