Coli Goddis Says BW Wearin Blonde Weave Equal To WW Pretendin To Be Black! HIT DOGS IN THE THREAD!

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
But, a white woman with her hair styled in cornrows is still using her own hair
No she's NOT... where and who tf do you think the origin of the hairstyle came from?? She's emulating us, she got the idea and inspiration from us ..just bc she may not be adding extensions doesn't mean shyt.
:gucci:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
CriminalBouncyHalicore-size_restricted.gif
Shut the fuk up. Then go fuk a white bytch. I find that men who juelz and complain themselves about the desirability of black women's hair preferences are usually not desired themselves anyway. No love loss on this side. On to the next....

Last edited:
Daps
fukk outta here with that " we wear weaves becuz historical reasonz" bullshyt

:mjlol:

Our grandmothers or any of their ancestors didnt wear no damn weave. The straightened their hair and that was basically it. And they had to deal with much more bullshyt than yall sheltered birds these days.

How the hell yall cry about white beauty standards when the whole conversation is a response to white women trying to appear more "black"?

:dwillhuh:

The only people who believe white women are "the standard of beauty" are insecure and mentally ill black women.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I don't understand this logic. So when BW walk around with pink and green hair who are they trying to be and how much do they hate themselves? And then when she changes her weave out to dark hair does she somehow love herself now?

These men of thecoli need to admit they are full of it on this topic,this thread had nikkas so uptight I got sent to the bushes:mjlol:
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/how...rying-to-be-white-like-wearing-weaves.657684/

And I wasn't even being offensive,just saying they should realize why they dress the way they do in certain circumstances before they have the audacity to judge black women. Because all in all I don't think 95% of black women would trade being black for being a white woman at all,or would tell you white women are more attractive than black women. Might black women have issues among lighter skinned black women who they are in direct competetion with?and who they can see get preferential treatmeant,attention and oppurtunity?Yes there are real issues there in my opinion.

But as someone who considers myself consicence,I don't like our women being harrassed and bashed for putting a spin on a blonde hair,and for having style and flava:ufdup:. Same way I didn't bash black men who put a black spin on a "european look". But in both cases both need to question why they are doing it. More often the not it will be the black man who is dressing like europeans with cacs in mind,than it would be a black woman wearing a blonde hairstyle with cacs in mind. I can say this with 100% certainty.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Never once did I excuse cacs and shyt on black women, so don’t allude to something that didn’t happen. And I’ve thought about this, so don’t assume I haven’t thank you. Again black women can do what they want. They’re free to do so. I’ve always advocated that. Just don’t expect black men to agree with it.

Black hair is dynamic. I know that and most on this board do to. So I get why sisters wear dreads, cornrows, puffs or cut their hair in interesting patterns. But why put someone else hair on your head? That’s what’s eluding me.

And the mental gymnastics are insane. By asking black women not to wear weave, we’re asking black women to be like Becky? So by wearing Asian hair, black women are affirming their blackness?

And how are non-blacks mimicking the practices of black women? I don’t see it anywhere in real life. White girls wearing extensions is a false equivalency. They are putting their own texture of hair onto their head. I actually have more questions, but I can see this thread is going to hell in hand basket real quick. I still don’t get why black women wear weave :yeshrug:

If black men were wearing hairstyles emulating White or Asian people, I don’t believe people would be so understanding
[/QUOTE]

First, this is a general conversation please don't make about you. You asked a question and I gave you an answer. No one is talking about you. Obviously the comments are about the person being discussed not you.

Already answered the question. If you know BH is dynamics then you know also know is breaks easily. Easier to keep a healthy head of hair while changing styles if you just lap a weave on it. That's pretty obvious, it allows you to change styles without damaging your hair.

It's not about weave. It's about telling BW then need to take on the limited hair style practices of other none BW in order to express "self love." It's about telling BW they aren't "allowed" to wear certain hair colors or styles. It's about telling BW they can't participate in cultural norms of "switching it up".

To me shytting on ya people for something that will literally be different in a week is mental gymnastics but I guess I ain't in the business of looking down on my people so I guess that makes me the weird one.

Your second to last paragraph kind just proved my point. "It 'wrong' when BW do it and we should wear out own hair like 'WW' do. But when WW start wearing, colorful hair, wigs, weaves etc it's 'okay' b/c it's their hair texture." Which isn't even true. Most WW have curly or wavy hair. It's not straight. That is why they treat the flatirons like God.

Also I am discussing culture norms. Idk what you are talking about. Most weave it BLACK STYLES. Since when are braids White or Asian? The vast majority of weaves are something that would out of place on a WW head so where you get this WW imatation is beyond me.

I guess we can agree to disagree because I can appreciate culture expression via Black hair. I don't look down on it and I
certainly don't attribute it to any other people especially because it is expressed in such a diverse, dynamic and unique manner. If you had a person who only wore blond weave in a "caucasian" style all the time. Maybe then I could feel you but i personally have never met a BW who does that.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
No she's NOT... where and who tf do you think the origin of the hairstyle came from?? She's emulating us, she got the idea and inspiration from us ..just bc she may not be adding extensions doesn't mean shyt.
:gucci:
Like I said idc if black women wear weave or not. Just stop with the blonde.

But call a spade a spade, by this logic, black women are emulating the hair, not even style, type of these other women.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I will say black women lost for allowing hotep hot takes and fake deep concepts to pollute their mind in this instance. Some of what "hoteps" say is true,but some of it is overthinking and garbage stats that are used to try to shame and victimize where its not neccessary.

Black women get defensive and start blaming black men,start talking about brainwashing,white beauty standards and all other kind of stuff. Instead of just saying its a trend and they think it looks cute because sometimes it does. Doesn't mean they can't rethink the trend and come up with something more attractive thats closer to their real hair. I think its clear that black women do,and we have seen plenty of waves of hair that more closely resembles thair real hair,and we are seeing it now with braids,and more natural styled hair and short cuts:banderas:

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
I promise...if a BW isn’t basically wearing a burlap sack with natural hair, no makeup, and burning incense then she just GOTTA hate herself. If a naturally blonde woman were to dye her hair dark does she hate herself? What if she had a curly perm? Or is self hate only reserved for BW?

Black women have every right to change their appearance just like any other woman. Certain shades of blonde will look stupid on any woman, white included, which is why it’s not the color blonde that is the problem, it’s the shade/tone of blonde that makes it look wrong. Kim K would (and does) look just as stupid with a platinum blonde wig than any other dark skinned woman.

But then I forgot that this is the coli, where anytime you bring up certain caveats and nuances into an argument then it’s juelzing.

Last edited:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
So I get why sisters wear dreads, cornrows, puffs or cut their hair in interesting patterns. But why put someone else hair on your head? That’s what’s eluding me.

And the mental gymnastics are insane. By asking black women not to wear weave, we’re asking black women to be like Becky? So by wearing Asian hair, black women are affirming their blackness?

:gucci: The fact that you know NOTHING on this topic explains your tone. Often, when people don't know shyt, they get real indignant about the very shyt they themselves claim not to know. I can't figure it out, it's a mystery of the ages. :francis:

The origin of hair extensions dates back to Cleopatra.

Believe it or not, the first documented proof of hair weaves was seen among the Egyptians in 3400 BC. They wore wigs, sewn-on hair pieces and braids that were made of human hair and dyed sheep’s wool. They used resin and beeswax to attach the extensions. Bright blue, red, gold were popular, in addition to the conventional black. Cleopatra’s favorite color was peacock blue. :krs: Braids also originated somewhere around 500 BC, an indicator of age, religion, wealth, depending on the type of knots and twists.

The extensions among European and American women in the 1700s gave way for powdered wigs. A white powdered wig, called Perukes, indicated high rank or birth. When King Louis started turning bald, he started using Perukes because he didn’t want people to think of him as weak. The trend soon followed with the nobles. Both men and women wore extensions and their weaves were huge and like a beehive. Horse hair and frames filled with wool were woven into the natural hair, while hair extensions were built over the frames.

The History of Hair Extensions | | Curious History

...This is nothing new. Hair has long been in global circulation and its origin has often been obscured by the time it reaches the market. As a result, descriptions of hair harvesting, whether historic or contemporary, tend to be recounted as unexpected discoveries of a secret world.

“What surprised me more than all,” wrote Thomas Adolphus Trollope about his visit to a country fair in Brittany, France, in 1840, “were the operations of the dealers in hair. In various parts of the motley crowd there were three or four different purchasers of this commodity, who travel the country for the purpose of attending the fairs, and buying the tresses of the peasant girls . . . I should have thought that female vanity would have eventually prevented such a traffic as this being carried on to any extent. But there seemed to be no difficulty in finding possessors of beautiful heads of hair perfectly willing to sell. We saw several girls sheared one after the other like sheep, and as many more standing ready for the shears, with their caps in their hands, and their long hair combed out and hanging down to their waists."

Hair sales in French towns and villages even took the form of public auctions, as graphically illustrated and described in Harper’s Bazaar in 1873.

A platform is erected in the middle of the marketplace, which the young girls mount in turn, and the auctioneer extolls his merchandise, and calls for bids. One offers a couple of silk handkerchiefs, another a dozen yards of calico, a third a magnificent pair of high-heeled boots and so on. At last the hair is knocked down to the highest bidder, and the girl seats herself in a chair, and is shorn on the spot. Sometimes the parents themselves make the bargain over a bottle of wine or a mug of cider.

The scale of hair collecting in this period was considerable even if descriptions sometimes sound exaggerated. ‘There is a human-hair market in the department of the lower Pyrenees, held every Friday,” reports the San Francisco Call in 1898. “Hundreds of hair traders walk up and down the one street of the village, their shears dangling from their belts, and inspect the braids of the peasant girls, standing on the steps of the houses, let down for inspection.’” Brittany eventually forbade public haircutting in a bid to discourage the practice from becoming a public amusement, forcing local "coupeurs" to erect tents at fairs instead.

Large numbers of hair collectors and hair growers were needed to supply the 12,000 pounds of human hair said to be required annually for hairpieces in Europe and the United States. The bulk of it was gathered from Switzerland, Germany and France, with smaller supplies coming in from Italy, Sweden and Russia. There were reports of “Dutch farmers” collecting hair orders from Germany once a year; peasant women in Eastern Europe cultivating their hair with the thrifty purpose with which “one sows wheat or potatoes." Hair peddlers in Auvergne, France, offered women advance payments on future crops and Italian dealers paraded the streets of Sicily in search of a good yield.

Such accounts give an impression of abundance, suggesting that hair could be gathered like any other crop at the appropriate season. In reality, human hair has always been tricky to harvest, not only because it relies on people’s willingness to sell it but also because it grows so slowly. It takes a year to cultivate a yield of four-and-a-half to six inches – a length inadequate for making wigs and hair extensions. A decent crop requires a minimum of two years to grow, and really valuable lengths of 20 inches and above require at least four years. Long hair demands patience from both growers and collectors. In response, 19th-century hair peddlers would often offer women advance payments for hair to be collected three or four years later.

But once peasant girls in Europe started travelling to towns and cities, finding employment as housemaids or in other jobs, they became attracted to bourgeois fashions and started wanting to wear hats that required loose hair. Some resolved the issue by selling or bartering only a small section of hair, cut from the under-portion at the back of the head. That way they could satisfy both themselves and their husbands that they had retained long hair while at the same time gaining access to fancy trinkets that were offered in exchange. This technique of “thinning” hair was once common amongst factory girls in Britain and continues to be practiced by poor women in some Asian countries today. Hair supplies were further boosted by collecting combings, made up of fallen hair salvaged from brushes or from the gutter. Balls of comb waste continue to be collected door-to-door in India, China, Bangladesh and Myanmar today in exchange for tiny amounts of money or petty goods.

At the same time that French peasants were abandoning their bonnets at the turn of the century, elite women were adopting more and more grandiose hairstyles and hats, all of which required more added hair. Some Edwardian hats were so wide that they required great wads of additional padding, known as “rats,” to hold them in place. These “rats” were often made of human hair. But where was all this hair to be procured?

Institutional sources in Europe furnished some of the requirements. In Britain, the custom of removing the hair of inmates in prisons, workhouses and hospitals was useful to the hair trade while it lasted, but by the 1850s the practice was no longer compulsory. Convents were a more reliable source, especially in Catholic countries such as France, Spain and Italy, where hair was ceremoniously clipped from the heads of novices as part of the ritual of renouncing the world and dedicating themselves to Christ. Today Hindu temples in South India offer an important source of long hair that has been shaved directly from the heads of devotees in fulfillment of religious vows.

One convent was said to have sold over a ton of “church hair” for £4,000 in the 1890s, whilst another near Tours apparently sold 80 pounds in weight of human hair to a single hairdresser in Paris. But these supplies couldn't satisfy the voracious demand. Hair merchants soon found themselves looking further afield.

“An odious traffic is carried on in women’s hair,” wrote a reporter on famine and starvation amongst the Russian peasantry in 1891. Similar images of necessity are evoked in a description of a hair dealer distributing the business cards of New York hair merchants to European migrants as they boarded steam ships for America. Such canvassing was strictly forbidden at Ellis Island and the Battery, where immigrants arrived and where guards were placed to prevent such activity from taking place. Nonetheless, in the early 1900s, some 15,000 hanks of hair were said to be cut each year directly from the heads of recently arrived immigrants.

“An attempt has been made to open a profitable trade with Japan; but though the Japanese girls were willing to sell their hair, it was found to be too much like horse hair to suit the English market,”reported the Daily Alta California in 1871. Koreans, on the other hand, were said to be entirely ignorant of the export market and instead used their hair to make ropes and saddlecloths for donkeys. China, however, proved a more fruitful source of hair to European and American merchants. Much of it consisted of combings collected from the long plaits or queue of Chinese men. A description of hair at the London Hair Market at Mincing Lane in 1875 reveals the hierarchic evaluations of the day:

The great bulk of it comes from China, is black as coal and coarse as cocoa-nut fiber, but magnificent in length . . . Skilled experts are weighing and feeling the long tresses but soon leave them to investigate the various shades and qualities of one bale of choice European, worth ten or even eleven times as much as the Chinese.

The outbreak of World War I heralded the end of an era of frenzied and voracious hair gathering. Wartime austerity made the wearing of fancy and voluminous hairstyles seem inappropriate. It also affected supplies of hair and labor. In France, many qualified posticheurs and coiffeurs were recruited into the army, leaving women to enter the trade for the first time. However, they lacked the skills and experience necessary for making and maintaining elaborate hair pieces.

European priorities began to shift as people rallied towards the war effort. There were even tales of German women offering their hair to be made into drive belts for submarines. In Britain, women who joined the land army began to opt for the more practical and comparatively liberating bob. The heyday of big hair was provisionally over.

The Secret History of Buying and Selling Hair | History | Smithsonian

If black men were wearing hairstyles emulating White or Asian people, I don’t believe people would be so understanding
:whoo:Oh, so this is why @Nicole0416 asked if you wanted to be a female. :huhldup:

Sir. Your lane is not beauty. Women compete on that field. Your lane is power, wealth, and influence. That's the field on which men compete. :dahell:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
The women in here Juelzing are further proof that black women feel they are above reproach in this "self hate" debate. Anything that can be put on bm as self hate is and then magnified 10 times by bw and we're suppose to just shut up and take it but when the conversation is about bw it's a bunch of excuses. shyt is annoying.

Blonde weaves/wigs and blue contacts are self hate PERIOD

Shut up and take it? Breh it's not your hair. It's not on your body. You don't have to take shyt. Most BW aren't even wearing blond hair. Wtf are you even talking about? This thread isn't even about BM frfr.