Coli Goddis Says BW Wearin Blonde Weave Equal To WW Pretendin To Be Black! HIT DOGS IN THE THREAD!

98Ntu

Peace ✌🏿
Daps
I don't understand this logic. So when BW walk around with pink and green hair who are they trying to be and how much do they hate themselves? And then when she changes her weave out to dark hair does she somehow love herself now?

Fair enough, you’ve exposed some flaws in my argument. Weave to me is generally means you don’t like yourself imo :yeshrug:

Idc for it in any shape and form but black women have told black men that they like it, so I’ve resigned myself to saying whatever. But at least choose hair that looks like to matched your skin tone. Don’t be a chick with a South Sudanese complexion, wearing platinum blonde hair or bright red shyt. Looks weird. And the fact that chicks won’t walk out of the house without it, that’s telling to me :yeshrug:

Can I ask why black women are so defensive about weave?

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
It was in reference to that 'blackfishing' shyt they exposed recently with a bunch of white girls on twitter and the gram tanning super dark and kinking their hair and dressing more urban to look like black women.

Again I have never seen it but I guess it's an excuse to shyt on those "80%" of BW so folks all for it.

BW aren't WW. A WW will literally keep the same hairstyle for years. IDK one BW that keeps a style for years. Most change their hair frequently. One hair style doesn't define how a BW views herself. Why do BP act like they are ignorant of the habits of their own people?

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Again I have never seen it but I guess it's an excuse to shyt on those "80%" of BW so folks all for it.

BW aren't WW. A WW will literally keep the same hairstyle for years. IDK one BW that keeps a style for years. Most change their hair frequently. One hair style doesn't define how a BW views herself. Why do BP act like they are ignorant of the habits of their own people?
You're right. Many of them go from wig to wig to wig to wig to wig :russ:

blaccbeard

Superstar
Daps

I hear you, but it usually involves weaves and wigs to make the hair look more european in nature. Basically anything but natural. so:yeshrug:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

I feel you and maintaining Black hair is hard work so I feel you but don't you think it's strange to see chicks rocking Blonde weaves and wigs tho?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
80%? huh :usure:

I guess 80% of BW are ain't shyt c00ns but she's the exception and better than the rest?

BP shyt is so deep we think shytting on each other is a form of Black pride. Especially when it's done about shyt that won't change the state of BP at the end of the day like what hairstyle or outfit someone has on. On top of that you wanna do it in a way that excuses shyt WP do. SMH shyt ain't cute to me nor something we should be high fiving each other about but too each theor own.

PS Where are WW walking around with kinky weaves? Never seen it once in my life outside of a photoshoot.
She over the top with the 80% but she trying to say a majority. She to me is pandering but that said, I think some of it is self hate. It's hard to say otherwise.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Fair enough, you’ve exposed some flaws in my argument. Weave to me is generally means you don’t like yourself imo :yeshrug:

Idc for it in any shape and form but black women have told black men that they like it, so I’ve resigned myself to saying whatever. But at least choose hair that looks like to matched your skin tone. Don’t be a chick with a South Sudanese complexion, wearing platinum blonde hair or bright red shyt. Looks weird. And the fact that chicks won’t walk out of the house without it, that’s telling to me :yeshrug:

Can I ask why black women are so defensive about weave?

BW are defensive about weave because it's a form of cultural expression. Frequently changing hairstyles and hair colors is like changing an outfit for a BW and a part of AA culture. Weave is easier to change that doing all sorts of processes to your hair when you want a different look.

BW do not view their hair like other women do. So when people saying BW shouldn't wear their hair in any other way or color than it grows out of their head it's saying that BW need to take on the habits and views of none Black women in order to prove them are okay with themselves.

"Becky, Maria, Sun Lee does wear weave" ie those women must love themselves and you must hate your self because you as a BW don't express the same mentality about hair. Basically it's a backhanded way to say be like Becky instead of seeing that we just have different cultural practices.

The funny thing is none BW are starting to imitate the habits of BW when it comes to hair. People from the outside see it for it is but BP will sit around and shyt on their own people while other cultures are dying to imitate the same shyt.

I swear people just say shyt but you can always tell when there is no really thought about it. How do you excuse cacs and shyt on your people in one sentence and then consider it some sort of Black love shyt? :deadmanny:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
The problem is that she's comparing the changing of racial identity to hairstyles. The concept of a white woman changing her appearance for the sake of cultural appropriation is not the same as hairstyle preferences. There's a major difference between representation (actually being part of the race, identity and culture) and perception (how people not part of that race interpret it to be) . White women and others want the benefits to look like us, imitate our style but none of the effort, experiences, work and struggle. The same can't be said of us.

The same reasoning applies to blackface. It is the same racial connotation because of the historical aspects and oppression. Majority of black women are not out here wearing blond weaves and colored contacts. That's 80% is so overly exaggerated ...she's a damn liar bc 8/10 of us are not out here wearing blond weaves. Rarely do I see that. As far as weaves overall, - that's a personal preference not a characterization.

Last edited:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
She over the top with the 80% but she trying to say a majority. She to me is pandering but that said, I think some of it is self hate. It's hard to say otherwise.

Self hate is when you shyt on your people and excuse cacs. I don't see how a woman now hates herself because she changes out a black weave for a blonde weave, then to a red one etc. IDK one BW that keeps a blond weave in her head 365. So I really don't see this huge population who undeniably hate themselves.