Coli Goddis Says BW Wearin Blonde Weave Equal To WW Pretendin To Be Black! HIT DOGS IN THE THREAD!

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
:patrice: I had a blonde wig. I wore it once for a particular outfit. It looked crazy but that was the point, that I should not be wearing blonde wigs. :pachaha:

One thing that bothers me about the weave conversation on here is that yall have it without any historical context, and then got the nerve to be dismissive. Meanwhile, when it comes to bm and whatever their 'failings' might be, it's all kinda perfectly legit reasons and yes, juelzing. It's a lack of sensitivity to your sisters and the ways in which white supremacy operates based on gender.

White supremacy attempts to negate our sense of individual personhood, our sense of control over our own bodies. For men, it attacks your masculinity, so you end up with bm all over the damn world fukking and breeding anything that moves in an attempt to reassert some sense of manhood. For women, it attacks our femininity, so we over indulge in certain feminine markers.

I'm not gonna get into which is worse bc that's not the point, but Ijs, we all affected out here. Be kind to your sisters (and I exhort the sisters to be kind in return). A community to supposed to be a place that protects you. Not the place who knows you best and therefore knows exactly where to stick the knife for maximum effect.

:hubie:

I agree, there are way more pressing matters to attend to, for all of us :ehh:

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
nobody cares about your hairstyles, appearance,
Bullshyt. Ugly/dusted n disgusted lookin nikkas get clowned everyday. This ain't a stereotypical black sitcom where tha black man can look like Forrest Whitaker and tha black woman is always a light skinned dime :mjlol: 9 times out of 10 tht pairing ain't happening irl unless tha man is playing a Russell Wilson role. Now am i going to sit here & say tht looks matter for men just as much as they do for women? No, that would be disingenuous. Look at who funds tha makeup & plastic surgeon industry. But to imply tht there's no societal pressure for men, at least black men to look on point at all times, or tht we can look as bummy or as ugly as we want to with no consequences is just as disingenuous and dangerously deceptive. If tht was tha case barbershops would be out of business. You think nikkas stay with fresh lineups for sport, cuz we enjoy tha feeling of sitting still in a chair for 30-40 minutes meanwhile there's an itch on our face tht can't be scratched cuz we don't wanna move & have our barber fukk up?:mjgrin:

You think nikkas enjoy trying to go to sleep with a tight ass durag/wave cap on they head only to wake up with it halfway off they head then they look in tha mirror and see durag lines on they forehead?:mjgrin:

Hell look at how many ppl here male and female have clowned @IbucciMane! for his googlyeye and lumpy walt frazier fro:mjlol:

Tht should show you right there appearance matters. :russ:

Daps
Reppin
London baby.
I’ve never understood this argument.

Is the issue that the weave is blonde or the texture doesn’t match her own?

Would the perception of BW who wear weave/wigs change if the fake hair was Afro hair?

A lot of BM will clown BW’s natural hair then go home to their bathroom cabinet filled with boxes of Rent-A-Waves so I’m not sure why this is such an issue.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This aint my fight.

I dont mind my girl switching up her hairstyles ever so often.
Natural, weave, locks, highlights, never had an issue.

But I will say this, I'm not attracted to the platnium blonde wig/weave shyt (and she knows that).
I'm not saying black women can't rock it if they want to, do you.

But I personally don't like it, and that's about as deep as it goes for me. So if i'm not fukkin with you, I could care less:hubie:

TeenTitansGo

Banned
Daps
Never once did I excuse cacs and shyt on black women, so don’t allude to something that didn’t happen. And I’ve thought about this, so don’t assume I haven’t thank you. Again black women can do what they want. They’re free to do so. I’ve always advocated that. Just don’t expect black men to agree with it.

Black hair is dynamic. I know that and most on this board do to. So I get why sisters wear dreads, cornrows, puffs or cut their hair in interesting patterns. But why put someone else hair on your head? That’s what’s eluding me.

And the mental gymnastics are insane. By asking black women not to wear weave, we’re asking black women to be like Becky? So by wearing Asian hair, black women are affirming their blackness?

And how are non-blacks mimicking the practices of black women? I don’t see it anywhere in real life. White girls wearing extensions is a false equivalency. They are putting their own texture of hair onto their head. I actually have more questions, but I can see this thread is going to hell in hand basket real quick. I still don’t get why black women wear weave :yeshrug:

If black men were wearing hairstyles emulating White or Asian people, I don’t believe people would be so understanding
[/QUOTE]

Alot of black men at my school dye their hair blonde. Is that self hate?

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ve never understood this argument.

Is the issue that the weave is blonde or the texture doesn’t match her own?

Would the perception of BW who wear weave/wigs change if the fake hair was Afro hair?

A lot of BM will clown BW’s natural hair then go home to their bathroom cabinet filled with boxes of Rent-A-Waves so I’m not sure why this is such an issue.

I'll speak for myself, it has nothing to do with all that.
I know the history of how black hair has been ridiculed and marginalized so that's not even where I go with this because there's alot of nuance there that's probably too much for a TLR thread.

For me its very surface level... it just doesn't look as good imo.
Others may disagree, that's cool. But find me a black women in a platinum blonde weave and imo she will almost always look better with black hair :yeshrug:

TeenTitansGo

Banned
Daps
fukk outta here with that " we wear weaves becuz historical reasonz" bullshyt

:mjlol:

Our grandmothers or any of their ancestors didnt wear no damn weave. The straightened their hair and that was basically it. And they had to deal with much more bullshyt than yall sheltered birds these days.

How the hell yall cry about white beauty standards when the whole conversation is a response to white women trying to appear more "black"?

:dwillhuh:

The only people who believe white women are "the standard of beauty" are insecure and mentally ill black women.

So loud but Soo wrong lol.

You go anywhere in the world and everyone is trying to emulate of look closer like ww and it's not just black women lol.

From Asia to India

But hey I guess anything to shyt on bw lol.

delnegro

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s funny when as an oldhead I look back at old club pics, pics of my old gfs, old pics of my moms & her friends from the 60s, 70s, 80s, there’s not a weave in sight. Look at old Jamel Shabazz pics, not a weave in sight. Yes, sisters wore braids/extensions, micro braids and shyt. Some sisters would have I think it’s called a piece to make their wraps look longer. But I say this with all confidence MOST rocked the hair that came out their head whether permed, natural or not. Personally, I think these weaves in the current time look absurd & SO many BW rock it. It’s crazy when I can be on the train at rush hr in NYC and every BW on the train has weave. I don’t think it looks good, that’s my opinion, not a knock on sisters as whole. Even in dating it’s a dealbreaker.

Daps
Reppin
London baby.
I'll speak for myself, it has nothing to do with all that.
I know the history of how black hair has been ridiculed and marginalized so that's not even where I go with this because there's alot of nuance there that's probably too much for a TLR thread.

For me its very surface level... it just doesn't look as good imo.
Others may disagree, that's cool. But find me a black women in a platinum blonde weave and imo she will almost always look better with black hair :yeshrug:

I agree on the platinum blonde.

I politely disagree on the rest simply because I know darkskinned girls who can rock ombre blonde hair in ways that I can’t and I’m light. It just doesn’t suit me, but it suits them because they have the hue that doesn’t make em look washed out when they wear it.

It varies from woman to woman and the condition of her skin. There are many factors that make a woman look presentable & hair is only one of them.

Not all black women are bald headed under the wigs either- they might have long hair/gruelling schedules and don’t have time to do their hair everyday.

TeenTitansGo

Banned
Daps
I promise...if a BW isn’t basically wearing a burlap sack with natural hair, no makeup, and burning incense then she just GOTTA hate herself. If a naturally blonde woman were to dye her hair dark does she hate herself? What if she had a curly perm? Or is self hate only reserved for BW?

Black women have every right to change their appearance just like any other woman. Certain shades of blonde will look stupid on any woman, white included, which is why it’s not the color blonde that is the problem, it’s the shade/tone of blonde that makes it look wrong. Kim K would (and does) look just as stupid with a platinum blonde wig than any other dark skinned woman.

But then I forgot that this is the coli, where anytime you bring up certain caveats and nuances into an argument then it’s juelzing.

I remember a thread on here complaining about how black women apply makeup. Lol

They were saying if you contour and apply fake lashes they hate themselves and are trying to be white lol.

The only thing bw are allowed to do is put fruit juices and on their face and wear afros lol.

Can't even wear cornrows cause I used to get called all types of ghetto before they got trendy on ww Lol.

TeenTitansGo

Banned
Daps
It’s funny when as an oldhead I look back at old club pics, pics of my old gfs, old pics of my moms & her friends from the 60s, 70s, 80s, there’s not a weave in sight. Look at old Jamel Shabazz pics, not a weave in sight. Yes, sisters wore braids/extensions, micro braids and shyt. Some sisters would have I think it’s called a piece to make their wraps look longer. But I say this with all confidence MOST rocked the hair that came out their head whether permed, natural or not. Personally, I think these weaves in the current time look absurd & SO many BW rock it. It’s crazy when I can be on the train at rush hr in NYC and every BW on the train has weave. I don’t think it looks good, that’s my opinion, not a knock on sisters as whole. Even in dating it’s a dealbreaker.

It's not like most bm are rushing to marry bw like other races of men marry their women so it's really no loss when you think about lol.

Caprisun

All Star
Daps
I remember a thread on here complaining about how black women apply makeup. Lol

They were saying if you contour and apply fake lashes they hate themselves and are trying to be white lol.

The only thing bw are allowed to do is put fruit juices and on their face and wear afros lol.

Can't even wear cornrows cause I used to get called all types of ghetto before they got trendy on ww Lol.
:lupe: you got a link to that thread?

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree on the platinum blonde.

I politely disagree on the rest simply because I know darkskinned girls who can rock ombre blonde hair in ways that I can’t and I’m light. It just doesn’t suit me, but it suits them because they have the hue that doesn’t make em look washed out when they wear it.

It varies from woman to woman and the condition of her skin. There are many factors that make a woman look presentable & hair is only one of them.

Not all black women are bald headed under the wigs either- they might have long hair/gruelling schedules and don’t have time to do their hair everyday.

That's completely fine. Like I said its very surface for me so you'll never find me telling a black woman what colors she can use for her hair or not.
The only bw's hair I care about is my fiance's.

Now, do i have a preference of darker hair? Yes.
But it never goes beyond that, a preference. I can replace "platinum blonde" with pink, green, w/e. Its just a surface level preference.

In my almost 30 years of life I've never gone at a bw for wearing blonde, can you imagine? Its never been that serious to me:mjlol: