Cole and Kendrick being Top 3 is FORCED

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Depends on the street you're on :yeshrug: Kendrick shouldn't be due to the fact he doesn't drop shyt. Cole is a fair argument even though he didn't sell out the ass like he usually does with this last one. Drake is based on every metric even though he dropped down a bit musically lately.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Kendrick, Drake, Cole then Future, Keef, Thug (Migos too)
Think the new big 3 might be Lil Baby, Youngboy, Durk maybe?
Yea I hear Durk get burn out here in Seattle.

I first gave him a listen on Kings Decease...I figure if my GOAT gave him a shot then I should.

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
Yea I hear Durk get burn out here in Seattle.

I first gave him a listen on Kings Decease...I figure if my GOAT gave him a shot then I should.

Ur goat is Nas who was never the biggest seller top 3 wise in one year or the most popular coast to coast

Yet you question Kendrick and Cole being top 3 opposed to a Future, etc???

Expound...Cole, Kendrick have more critical acclaim...have Grammys ...sell more albums...put up better touring numbers....

And not saying Nas isn't one of the greatest rappers of all time

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
Kendrick & Cole are the two most forced rappers of their era

the generic pick for flabbyheads who don't listen to rap like that

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It's all subjective at the end of the day

But almost every Rushmore list I've seen had those specific three as the top one of the 2010s, Nicki and Future were the ones mentioned as the last entry. But no one is replacing the other three :yeshrug:

Hell I'll even admit that I fukk with KRIT more than all and Gibbs more than Cole and Drake, but I'm not about to lie to myself

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I don’t go to or follow when concerts be happening. But when i constantly see one trending online so often. I have to assume that show doing so well has transcended that artist to superstardom officially. For instance, Drake’s “Club Paradise”, “Would You Like a Tour”, and “I Declare War” tours were talked about a lot when they were happening. Travis Scott’s ASTROWORLD tour as well.

Has Future ever headline a tour as big as The DAMN. Tour? Because that shyt was pretty big deal at the time. I kept hearing about it (at least online, i did).

When RapCaviar had them on the mount rushmore. Nobody was complaining. Nobody was saying that’s not my mount rushmore. People was just trying to decide who was number 4. LeBron was saying Future. Some people were saying Nicki.

Like the poster before me said. Most people have them locked in their top 3 for the last decade. Then there’s a gap, then #4 is usually someone different depending on the person.

Last edited:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Both Cole and Kendrick outsell Future.

Both Cole and Kendrick have more accolades than Future

Both Cole and Kendrick are more critically acclaimed than Future.

When Kendrick’s Control verse dropped. It was a bonafide moment in Hip Hop. When J.Cole dropped 1985 (Intro To The Fall Off) it was a bonafide moment in Hip Hop.

DS2 was definitely a moment in Hip Hop, and i’ll also give him dropping two number 1 albums in two weeks as a moment as well.

But Kendrick and Cole’s reach and impact FAR outweighs Future’s to the point that comparing him to them is an insult to Cole and Kendrick. Future is more known for his number of baby mamas than his songs.

Youre right about K Dot (that nikka is the GOAT) but Coles stature is no where near Futures; and Future is far more available than Cole.

And the critics love Future, Cole got that cheesy-try hard label in their eyes. Hell I think DS2 was in the Top 5 most acclaimed hip hop albums that year. Not to mention that crazy mixtape run prior. Cole is ass my bwoah.