Kendrick turning Cole into Fredo Corleone is still the dagger

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yeah but I’m talking hip hop wise
Dude got his whole card pulled by none other but himself after all that talk he was doing of taking down rappers cuz he’s that nikka just to run and tuck his tail.
I’m Disappointed like Phil was at Johny sack for crying at that wedding :unimpressed:
None of this happened.

Drake Kendrick beef was personal. Cole was just battle rapping competitively. He got out the way. This shyt not complicated at all. Most people now understand this. You seem to still be struggling with it.

Don't see how anyone would still be stuck on this in hindsight given the songs and their subject matter. Cole was not on that time. This wasn't just about being the best rapper. Don't let the points hurdle and sail clear over your head now.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
It's why most East Coast nikkas are siding against KDot instead of pointing at Cole and getting at him
You see it. It’s been saltiness since Like That dropped. Not everyone from the east. Plenty of Eastcoast ppl siding with kendrick or are just neutral parties enjoying the show. But the ones who are trying to change the rules of rap beef because they don’t like seeing the Westcoast up? Yeah, those are the ones who are exposing themselves. The ones who were hoping Cole was going to demolish and humble kendrick, and by extension the West.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I don't think Kendrick erased him. Cole kinda erased himself and it started long before he took that diss back. The impression I've got of Cole is that he came into the game as a fan who rapped, and many of his aspirations were based on childhood dreams of becoming what he loved. He wanted to drop a classic debut album, have hit records while maintaining a street/non-mainstream following, be the golden child, etc. Basically a mixture of Nas/Jay/Pac who never went too far pop, never fell off, got the 5 Mics treatment at some point and avoided the pitfalls they faced.

The problem is that instead his first album was pretty weak, in part due to Jay demanding pop records. So he didn't get the classic debut. Then a year later his good friend dropped a debut album that was immediately hailed as a classic. Then his good friend started winning awards. Then Nas and Jay started praising his good friend while simutaneously being harder on him (being stuck between Jay demanding hits and Nas denigrating his single). Then his good friend asserted dominance with a verse that shook up the game and name dropped him. In short, Kendrick was suddenly doing a lot of the historical shyt that Cole once dreamed of doing as a kid.

Then what happened? Suddenly Cole started talking about no longer chasing accolades, no longer caring about reviews, no longer worrying about fame. I thought it was obvious at time but in hindsight it's even more undeniable: his shift to care free, longer hair, bike riding "fukk fame" Jermaine was 100% a response to him realizing Kendrick got the shyt he initially wanted in the game and the jealousy wasn't healthy. He had to re-prioritize and focus on shyt that made him happy. And him doubling down on rappity rap exercises over the last few years was him trying to get back to the essence and differentiate himself from Kendrick and Drake, both of whom become more commercial in subsequent years. I think the Like That verse was simply too disrespectful for him to ignore but shortly after dropping that diss he reverted back to his peaceful state and took it back. I don't know where Cole goes from here but he seems to be at peace with himself.
Accurate.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Lyte and Soul killed him on his own shyt :russ:
Everybody in my circle just rewinds the beginning
Cole was the weakest part of PI to the contrary
No Jermaine can’t talk about being the best while rapping about sticks and the mud
This nikka should clearly be regulated to lyrical miracle Common raps forever
None of the shyt and verses he put out up until this point hold any muthafukkain weight anymore
And I’m a Jermaine fan
Ive been a fan when weird nikkas of thecoli was calling him ZZZquil
nikkas being flaw and frauds with this shyt
I literally saw everybody that’s rewriting history in this thread call that man boring for years
Tried to weaponize him as being better than Kendrick
When we all know he wasn’t even on bros level to begin with

Kendrick made this shyt a lite pack and was definitely one of the reasons a dual album would’ve went bad for Cole just like this battle
So reading all the bullshyt narratives in here got me:skip: :Kd: :dead:
Y’all cappin yall kneecaps off

Also true. Ppl tried to weaponize Cole against Dot at the beginning of the beef. When it was established for a long time that Cole was the “boring” rapper of the 3. But then ppl were like “Cole the best of the 3, this battle is played out” when kendrick was up. :dead:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Simple

Cole was the closest the East Coast have in this generation as their own even though he's from the South
He's still EST and of their ilk or tries to be. All the older East Coast heavyweight champion him

He has thrived off East Coast bias and stealing Nas fans(only to throw Nas under the 🚌)
He's never been better than KDot and not even close
When did he throw Nas under the bus?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I agree wholeheartedly.

To me Cole is delusional and being just a fan and not completely embracing the art/genre (perhaps the white mom thing…) he just not fully immersed in it either.

His diss to Kendrick, he stated that Dot disappears for 5 years between his drops…

However, between 2017-2022 can we say that’s when Cole became more “confident”? He had some of his best verses in that timeframe, inexplicably calling himself the best. In comparison to his previous work he mainly spoke on his potential.

He’s a bytch because his courage increased when Drake began dropping some of his shyttier work and during Kendrick’s hiatus.

And I don’t like how he came at Walé when he possesses the same feelings but covert with it.

Cole isn’t dumb and I believe he knew, at least somewhat, the angle Aubrey was taking. That’s some shyt 2 white mama nikkas, with colonizing energy would do.

Idk, lol I just felt like talking shyt.
:dead:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
j cole a p*ssy ass bytch
Anyone defending what he done did sits when they pees
Probably the worst loser out of it all :mjlol:
Naaaah.. The world ain’t dancing and singing a song calling him a pedo and a F.A.N. Call me p*ssy for backing out all you want, ain’t no BBL Cole song or anything like that though lol. He chillin

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
None of this happened.

Drake Kendrick beef was personal. Cole was just battle rapping competitively. He got out the way. This shyt not complicated at all. Most people now understand this. You seem to still be struggling with it.

Don't see how anyone would still be stuck on this in hindsight given the songs and their subject matter. Cole was not on that time. This wasn't just about being the best rapper. Don't let the points hurdle and sail clear over your head now.
:unimpressed:
:camby: fukk cole
you carebear ass nikkas make me sick

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: No1

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Cole is not lyrically inclined like that to hang with KDot

Cole gets his shyt off with his flow and cadence
Despite his writers, even Drake is better lyrically

I always found it disgusting and disturbing people compared Cole to Nas
Aubrey is not lyrically better than Cole. Let’s relax. You could maybe argue that like 19 years ago. There’s been a clear gap between them for at least 5 years and likely more.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
It's why most East Coast nikkas are siding against KDot instead of pointing at Cole and getting at him
No we are not and Cole is from Carolina, not the East Coast no matter how much we embraced him. If Cole was from New York, bowing out like that would’ve had nikkas in the city throwing subliminals on every other song.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You see it. It’s been saltiness since Like That dropped. Not everyone from the east. Plenty of Eastcoast ppl siding with kendrick or are just neutral parties enjoying the show. But the ones who are trying to change the rules of rap beef because they don’t like seeing the Westcoast up? Yeah, those are the ones who are exposing themselves. The ones who were hoping Cole was going to demolish and humble kendrick, and by extension the West.

They tried to champion a mofo that don't even write half of his shyt against KDot

These East Coast nikkas out here looking bad
Not surprising tho....they championed a Biter in Jigga which subsequently made them lose their sound to begin with