CNN Exit Poll: 65% of White Women in Alabama voted for Roy Moore

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Do we have stats on how many Alabumians are registered to vote and what the turnout was?

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
yall so ridiculous...how bout black america worry about saving ourselves instead of trying to save this 'country'

yall care about everyone except yourselves.

In essence, those Black people in Alabama that voted did try “saving themselves.”

Sure, maybe not much change will happen due to his win but something is better than nothing.

Alabama is a mess - especially those small towns - it’s the same since sharecropping days — ain’t shyt changed. The schools are terrible - those black voters voted for their families and their black neighbors/friends families.

Local vote and who represents them is key for Black people in America.

Black Americans who are DOS don’t have anywhere to go — and this is our country — cause our families ain’t never leaving and our ancestors put the work and blood/lives in to secure our place here — so the more BM and BW come together for change and power things will continue to progress for us - but it’s about unity and being on the same page.

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd like to know the educational background of those 65% of white women who voted for Pedo. :lupe:

DQ7eYTWXcAULOR1.jpg:large

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
yall so ridiculous...how bout black america worry about saving ourselves instead of trying to save this 'country'

yall care about everyone except yourselves.

Because we're citizens of this country, we're not some independent nation where things in Washington don't affect us.

We are saving ourselves, we got politicians here in Alabama advocating more prisons, Wanting to change voting laws etc... It may be different in other states but this election was very important to us down here.

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Because we're citizens of this country, we're not some independent nation where things in Washington don't affect us.

We are saving ourselves, we got politicians here in Alabama advocating more prisons? Wanting to change voting laws etc..? It may be different in other states but this election was very important to us down here.

let me know how much your life improves

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I’m not that good at math but why do I keep seeing Black Women saved Alabama :ohhh:
I noticed that too on twitter. #BlackWomen are trending as if Roy Moore wouldn't have won if Black men didn't show up to the polls. This is why I personally ain't gonna vote anymore. No point in giving my vote and time for a group of people that won't even do as much as recognize my role let alone actually help me. :yeshrug:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Deadass! When one black man does wrong it is highlighted for the world to see. White folks, and some of our people pile on. When a black man does any good or worthwhile it gets totally ignored and dismissed. If it doesn't fit the narrative that black men are lazy, violent, useless and criminal men then it's gets no shine.

The crazy thing is more black women voted for Moore than black men.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
There are liberal/progressive white women who are decent on race. And some who are good on race. But most white women, like most white men, have a level of racial resentment and FEAR that impacts their moves and thoughts.

If I have a problem with "identity politics" it's the idea that every group has a universal experience. Yea white women experience sexism but that wasn't a good enough reason to vote against Trump or Moore. Ultimately white women reside in the same power structure that white men do: white supremacy. Even if white women feel some type of oppression they know their children will be better off as long as the system continues. Which makes voting for Trump/Bush/etc not surprising at all. They are voting for their best interests, which means defending a system that opposes black children's future. They don't want a fair playing ground.

This applies to their husbands too btw. They understand the system protects their husband's financial state (job, wealth, etc) by limiting the competition he faces for jobs or promotions. Which is why this is one of the most impactful/effective ads of all time:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

We are saving ourselves, we got politicians here in Alabama advocating more prisons? Wanting to change voting laws etc..? It may be different in other states but this election was very important to us down here.

I agree.

Both sides of my family are from Alabama — Union Springs/Bullock and Dothan/Headland. My mom and dad both left for the North/Midwest in their teens to escape that sharecropping life.

I went to Union Springs this summer for genealogy research and see some family.

It was terrible. Just terrible.

The people who enslaved my paternal side and then fukked my 2nd GG Grandfather to my grandfather over in a sharecropping contract still own the land —and doing good selling timber instead of cotton now. While my family there dont even have proper grave-sites and looking for work — basically their ancestors worked their ass off for nothing.

It’s no jobs and they don’t even have phone signal there for AT&T and others. No internet for most. Just bad.

I’m am going back this spring to donate some google laptops and Black history/children books to schools there.

Black people in small towns in Alabama need a win and I’m hoping a change.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
If 93% of black men voted against Moore that is a win. In sports 93% of anything is rare. Why focus on the 7%? Seriously there is nothing enough for black men to do to make you clown ass nikkas happy? You clown ass nikkas will do anything to bash black men. Yeah ignore the 93% stand up brothers who voted against this white supremacist and focus on the c00nish minorty. fukking bozos.

Repped.